Suikoden II ranks 93rd in top 100 list

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Runemaster

Suikoden II ranks 93rd in top 100 list

Post by Runemaster »

I happened to see Konami's Facebook post about GamesRadar.com's 100 best games of all time. I didn't even know what that site was but then i went to see the site. And it was true, Suikoden 2 is in a modest 93rd spot on their list. Their list is based on "the game still being worth playing now".

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-games-ever/
If you're too lazy to search for it, here is their description
93 - Suikoden II
If you’ve never played or heard of Suikoden II, it was probably because you just couldn’t get your hands on a copy. Despite high review scores a passionate following (that perhaps formed too late), Suikoden 2 was never reprinted after its initial limited run. Which is a real shame, because that forced one of the greatest PlayStation RPGs to fade into relative obscurity.

Story was the standout component here, and not just the one involving the game’s protagonist. You spent much of the game recruiting up to 108 allies to fight alongside you. It was a bit like Pokémon, only these allies could speak, kill, and were never constrained by magical ball-prisons. Hmm, ok, maybe it was nothing like Pokémon...
It's pretty cool that our little game got to be recognized by sites. And we made it to Konami's Facebook post!! I hope this would spark any sort of interest on Konami and do something good to the series. Anyway, i just learned gamesradaris something like a gamespot website.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Piisuke

Re: Suikoden II ranks 93rd in top 100 list

Post by Piisuke »

Good to see Konami posting the list, but I have a feeling it might have been due to another Konami game appearing on the list. I might be a bit skeptical here. I haven't checked the list out yet, but it's good t see Suikoden II being recognised, at least by people that aren't us.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

There were around 6 Konami games listed on the facebook post, Suikoden II being the lowest ranking. Surprisingly, the comments section of the Facebook post is dominated by proud Suikoden fans. Lol. Hope they notice.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Same here, mate. We might be a small community, when compared to other franchises in the same genre, but we're anything but quiet. I do hope that Konami notices. At least they had three Suikoden characters in their FB battle thingamajig, so it's getting some form of reputation.

Slowly and steady wins the race. So they say.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I can appreciate that as a fan base we're portrayed as underdogs,the only way we can go is up. Any exposure is good at this point,lowest on the list or not,at least it's there. Small victories.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455