A Full Suikoden Game I'd Like to See

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Zerase

A Full Suikoden Game I'd Like to See

Post by Zerase »

I know getting a new Suikoden game seems near impossible anymore and I know people have already posted these kinds of things but I wanted to put in my own two cents about it. If I could pick what I'd like to see in a full Suikoden game next I'd have to go with a prequel to Suikoden III that's a game about the original Flame Champion before Hugo, Chris, or Geddoe had the opportunity to take the role. I loved his character design and I'm disappointed it was never used as our "silent" hero in another game.
Zerase
Currently Playing: Suikoden II, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XIII, Wild Arms
Recently Finished: Final Fantasy IX
Antimatzist

Re: A Full Suikoden Game I'd Like to See

Post by Antimatzist »

Instead of Koroku, they should have implemented the original FC as a bonus chapter imo, I mean that would make sense as some sort of backstory.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I believe they originally intended for Koroku's chapter to be Sasarai's instead, but ran out of money or ideas or coke or something.

As for the game idea, it is a story I'd like to see told, but as a Gaiden. As an SRPG nerd I'd love to see more Tactics games as a spinoff series, covering confrontations like the War Of Succession, Higheast Rebellion and the First Firebringer War.
Zerase

Post by Zerase »

So the Suikogaiden's were SRPGs? Didn't know that. Hope they played better than Suikoden Tactics. I'm not sure I'd want it as a Gaiden myself. But maybe that's because I haven't played any of them. I alas cannot read Japanese and I've never tried playing a game with a translation document before. I am very tempted to for the PSP Suikoden game though. I just wish there was a petition (wouldn't know how to start my own), worked for Xenoblade Chroncles and The Last Story.
Zerase
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sorry I should've been more clear. Suikogaiden Volumes 1 and 2 were text adventures, not SRPGs, when I said "gaiden" I meant it to be taken literally (Japanese for "side-story").

We don't have a petition as such, but we do have this.
Zerase

Post by Zerase »

Thank you for letting me know about that. I went ahead and liked it and referred it to my brother as well. We're only two but at least it's two more than before.
Zerase
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

No problem my friend :)
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

there are two things I'd like to see as a full Suikoden game..
The first is the war of succession,the war that went down before the first game. That whole recurring back story would be so interesting to play and watch. To see that other side of Barbarossa and his relationship with the generals,and Claudia,how he encountered Windy,how he got the Sovereign Rune.
The second one I'd like to see is Jowy's journey in S2. Going off how fantastic Riou's journey was,imagine how intense it would have been on the other side of the coin and getting even more up close and personal with Luca Blight.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Zerase

Post by Zerase »

dragons_descent4 wrote:there are two things I'd like to see as a full Suikoden game..
The first is the war of succession,the war that went down before the first game. That whole recurring back story would be so interesting to play and watch. To see that other side of Barbarossa and his relationship with the generals,and Claudia,how he encountered Windy,how he got the Sovereign Rune.
The second one I'd like to see is Jowy's journey in S2. Going off how fantastic Riou's journey was,imagine how intense it would have been on the other side of the coin and getting even more up close and personal with Luca Blight.
Yes, those would be great too! Man, there are so many places they could still go with the games and I really wish they would. I know there's fan stuff out there, but it's just not the same and could never be considered canon. I'd love to see more about the Kingdom of Harmonia. I don't recall what I felt was missing, but I remember after Suikoden III I wanted to know so much more about it and was disappointed that IV didn't continue off of it, though I still enjoyed IV, though it was the "worst" one.

I hope someday revival fan efforts do work and there is a return to the "traditional" RPG. (I don't like calling them JRPGs because it tends to be a derogatory term these days). I would love to see the Suikoden PSP game as a downloadable in the PSP PSN store. I see Xseed, Aksys, and Atlus being successful with that and I don't understand why Konami doesn't think such a thing would be profitable. Anyway, went a little off topic there. But I just love the series so much.
Zerase
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I've heard from quite a few people that they'd like to see the Succession War.
I agree aswell. It would be interesting to see several characters from Suikoden in that game. Humphrey was there, as well as Kreutz and Gremio was there, as Tir got kidnapped at some point, if I recall correctly. Obviously we'd see the Five Great Generals and how they formed, their battles. We could play with Barbarossa as the the main SoD, seeing as he has a True Rune.
I personally think it would make for a very interesting story. At least, I for one, would love to play it.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Piisuke wrote:I've heard from quite a few people that they'd like to see the Succession War.
I agree aswell. It would be interesting to see several characters from Suikoden in that game. Humphrey was there, as well as Kreutz and Gremio was there, as Tir got kidnapped at some point, if I recall correctly. Obviously we'd see the Five Great Generals and how they formed, their battles. We could play with Barbarossa as the the main SoD, seeing as he has a True Rune.
I personally think it would make for a very interesting story. At least, I for one, would love to play it.
We would actually get to see the SIX generals, because Georg Prime was there as a general along side Kwanda, Kasim, Sonya, Millich, and Teo. It would be really cool to see that story.

I'm currently replaying SV, which mentions so much of the southern continent and surrounding area that would be cool to explore as well. The war between Falena and New Armes would be interesting.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

We would actually get to see the SIX generals, because Georg Prime was there as a general along side Kwanda, Kasim, Sonya, Millich, and Teo. It would be really cool to see that story.
Isn't Sonya's mother a general at the time of the war? Not sure, though.

I always thought an Oboro-Gaiden in Nagarea would be cool. i don't think the country would be big enough for a main-game, but it is a really interesting country, I guess. And since Oboro is there to fight the Nether Gate, that would be really cool.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's Sonya's mother Kilawher yes.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Piisuke wrote:I've heard from quite a few people that they'd like to see the Succession War.

Ohhh i definetely agree. Barbarosa was at his 40s at this time. So it would be nice to see a middle-aged Tenkai. I got bored of teen boys as Tenkais...

And Teo would definetely be the Tengou Star
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

That would be a nice change up to have an older Tenkai,we've had older hero's,yeah,but I feel this would hit it a little closer to home for a lot of fans since he's someone we've had to fight against. A lot like Luc and that whole business in III...to get another point of view on a known and loved character would really give it a nice spin.
Also I would LOVE seeing a younger Tir and the whole ordeal of his kidnapping. Another scene I'd like to see in a Succession War game would be Teo finding Ted wandering a battlefield.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455