A Full Suikoden Game I'd Like to See

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Piisuke

Re: A Full Suikoden Game I'd Like to See

Post by Piisuke »

freshmetal wrote:We would actually get to see the SIX generals, because Georg Prime was there as a general along side Kwanda, Kasim, Sonya, Millich, and Teo. It would be really cool to see that story.
Ah yes, that's correct. Forgot about Georg there for a moment.
dragons_descent4 wrote:That would be a nice change up to have an older Tenkai,we've had older hero's,yeah,but I feel this would hit it a little closer to home for a lot of fans since he's someone we've had to fight against. A lot like Luc and that whole business in III...to get another point of view on a known and loved character would really give it a nice spin.
Also I would LOVE seeing a younger Tir and the whole ordeal of his kidnapping. Another scene I'd like to see in a Succession War game would be Teo finding Ted wandering a battlefield.
I think that's the main reason I've seen people talk about it. Because it involves characters that are close to us. Characters we fought in Suikoden I. Heck, his wife Claudia died during the Succession War, which could make for a great point in the game. Windy will undoubtedly play a role, considering her position in Suikoden I and indeed the kidnapping of Tir and subsequently Gremio saving him.
Ted could make an appearance, Mathiu has a role with the Kalekka incident (I think that happened during the Succession War), Odessa could be part of the game, Ain Gide could be there.

However, the thing that appeals to me most is to see the characters that we battle in Suikoden from a different perspective. To see them in their glory. To see them in their prime. Heck, they could even have a secret ending to see what happened after Barbarossa and Windy jumped off the balcony. All we know at the moment is that they're missing.
And indeed, a mature man as the main hero would be interesting. Especially Riou was very effiminate with his leggings and tiara.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Piisuke wrote:
freshmetal wrote:We would actually get to see the SIX generals, because Georg Prime was there as a general along side Kwanda, Kasim, Sonya, Millich, and Teo. It would be really cool to see that story.
Ah yes, that's correct. Forgot about Georg there for a moment.
dragons_descent4 wrote:That would be a nice change up to have an older Tenkai,we've had older hero's,yeah,but I feel this would hit it a little closer to home for a lot of fans since he's someone we've had to fight against. A lot like Luc and that whole business in III...to get another point of view on a known and loved character would really give it a nice spin.
Also I would LOVE seeing a younger Tir and the whole ordeal of his kidnapping. Another scene I'd like to see in a Succession War game would be Teo finding Ted wandering a battlefield.
I think that's the main reason I've seen people talk about it. Because it involves characters that are close to us. Characters we fought in Suikoden I. Heck, his wife Claudia died during the Succession War, which could make for a great point in the game. Windy will undoubtedly play a role, considering her position in Suikoden I and indeed the kidnapping of Tir and subsequently Gremio saving him.
Ted could make an appearance, Mathiu has a role with the Kalekka incident (I think that happened during the Succession War), Odessa could be part of the game, Ain Gide could be there.

However, the thing that appeals to me most is to see the characters that we battle in Suikoden from a different perspective. To see them in their glory. To see them in their prime. Heck, they could even have a secret ending to see what happened after Barbarossa and Windy jumped off the balcony. All we know at the moment is that they're missing.
And indeed, a mature man as the main hero would be interesting. Especially Riou was very effiminate with his leggings and tiara.
All this talk about a War of Succession game is making me want it even more. An older hero would definitely work in my opinion. Geddoe was relatively old for a playable Suikoden character and he was my favorite of S3. Sure he was actually a little over 100 years old due to having a true rune, but physically, he was middle aged if not older.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I know what you mean. It's been something I've been mentioning to people over the past few years whenever a topic like this surfaced.

One of the biggest reasons I think this could turn out really well is for a similar reason Suikoden II turned out to be a fan favourite; the simple fact that so many faces returned from the previous game, plus that we went back into Gregminster after the events of the first game. Admit it, the first thing you did when you entered Gregminster for the first time was to walk into the McDohl mansion :P.
Unless, of course, you didn't play Suikoden I.
That's not to say Suikoden II wasn't good without those characters, but I believe the nostalgia factor in Suikoden II played a big role why people liked it so much. Heck, I find myself often suggesting Suikoden to my friends and always recommend them to play Suikoden I and then Suikoden II in that order.

The other reason, like I said before, is to see those that we fight against in Suikoden I from a different perspective. Heck, if Suikoden VI would ever come to be and it would indeed be the Succession War, we'd be able to play VI, I and II in a row and it would just be epic.
Imagine if you've never played Suikoden I before. You start with VI and then you get a hold of I and you play through the events of the Gate Rune Wars, facing against the characters that you've come to admire.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

The only problem with a War of Succession game would be that there would be very few surprises story-wise and everyone already knows how it would end. That doesn't mean it would be fun to see happen, just that the story is already known, at least to the long-time Suikoden fanbase we have here. It would be a good introduction to the franchise for newcomers though.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

Agreed,older fans wouldn't be surprised by much since we already are familiar with what went down,but to see it unfold would be awesome but other than a succession war game,I'd like to see something play out involving Leknaat and the massacre of the gate rune clan. Where is/was it? Why was it destroyed? Was it a threat to Harmonia? How great of a threat? Why were Windy and Leknaat the only survivors? These are questions I would love to play out the answers to...and honestly as messed up as this is about to sound,I wouldn't mind seeing Windy as the Tenkai. A woman who ends up being the main antagonist later on in another game. How intense could that be?
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

That would be cool. It could and take place leading up to the destruction of their village, and be like S3, letting the player experience it from both Leknaat and Windy's perspectives. So little is actually known about the events that took place, a great story could be written around it.
dragons_descent4

the dual perspective would be cool,if it went that step further where you had to choose between Windy or Leknaat as the end game hero,which would you choose??
- Viktor and Flik

Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Personaly i'd like very much to see a S2 game,from Jowy's point of view,and what would happen if Jowy won the war instead of Riou...
It would feature the same Stone Tablet,but some major characters would be switched of course...particularly:

Jowy
Agares
Jillia
Luca
Pilika
Yuber
Lucia
Sasarai
Rowd
Han
Seed
Culgan
Solon
Leon
dragons_descent4

Sasarai10 wrote:Personaly i'd like very much to see a S2 game,from Jowy's point of view,and what would happen if Jowy won the war instead of Riou...
It would feature the same Stone Tablet,but some major characters would be switched of course...particularly:

Jowy
Agares
Jillia
Luca
Pilika
Yuber
Lucia
Sasarai
Rowd
Han
Seed
Culgan
Solon
Leon
I would adore seeing/playing a game from Jowy's perspective,the decisions he had to make to get exactly where he got in the end would be amazing. Especially in the beginning when Pilika finds him,that would be a pretty heart warming scene right there.
- Viktor and Flik