Konami UK Looking into Possibility of Porting Suikoden games

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
suikodian

Konami UK Looking into Possibility of Porting Suikoden games

Post by suikodian »

On Sep 12, Konami UK tweeted that they are looking into the possibility of porting old Suikoden games. If you have an account on twitter then please let them hear your voice.

original tweet https://twitter.com/KonamiUK/status/245824602981425153
Konami UK ‏@KonamiUK
Everyone asking about Suikoden, we hope to have feedback soon. Please bear with us, complicated process. Will update as soon as we can.
follow up tweets
https://twitter.com/KonamiUK/status/245878209189658624
Konami UK ‏@KonamiUK
To reiterate, our earlier tweet has nothing to do with a new Suikoden, only about old games coming to PSN/XBLA. There is no new Suikoden.
https://twitter.com/KonamiUK/status/245879215260573696
Konami UK ‏@KonamiUK
As yet, all we are doing is trying to find out the situation about Suikoden games and the possibility of them being ported. Nothing else.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Konami UK Looking into Possibility of Porting Suikoden g

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's great. I don't have twitter but nice to hear they're thinking of Suikoden.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Konami UK ‏@KonamiUK
To reiterate, our earlier tweet has nothing to do with a new Suikoden, only about old games coming to PSN/XBLA. There is no new Suikoden.
That doesnt sound good to me.

Sorry, but I am not the kind of person who gets exicited for the re-release of an old game I still have in the bookself and can play in my ps2 any time. Of corse, is not that wouldnt be fine, for comodity, but is not exciting at all.

It doesnt serves as "proof that Konami still think in the series and its fans" cause they are saying explicity no new Suikoden planned.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Neclord: You don't really see the circumstances.

Raww (and before that, some other) asked on twitter about the possibility of SUikoden II on PSN, they answered and then a lot of fans replied again. This "No new Suikoden" is just logical, as it is Konami UK, not Japan, they could only translate games or bring them to PSN.

I think this is really great, even though we must face the fact that it is most probably just a guy responsible for the social media and we don't know if we'll get substantial information from that. On the other hand, if we get a reply why Suikoden on PSN is not probable and what they think of the SUikoden series in general, that would be great.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

As long as they're good on their word and actually get back to us on it, any information we get is beneficial. Based on what I know of Sony's process for the Classics line I have at least a few ideas about why they're hesitant.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Can you explain your ideas Raww? I'd be interested to know why they are so hesitant.