Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
KnightOfTruth

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by KnightOfTruth »

Well, just wanted to sign-on to the Revival Movement - this needs to happen! Also, we can now update the initial post (at least a little bit) as its possible that Suikoden II will be released on PSN later this year (per popular gaming sites).

Still hanging on for a Suikoden VI though!
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

Well if it matters I support SRM!
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

In case anyone has missed it - Konami US are doing a live stream of Suikoden I via Twitch during weekdays (15:30 PST - 11:30 UTC).

Yuichi Haga, the streamer, has invited as many of us as possible to attend these streams in order to make a statement to Konami US. His superiors have apparently already been somewhat impressed and would like to see higher numbers so they can speak to Konami Japan in regards to bringing Suikoden II to PSN.

Please join these streams and please spread the word as much as you can.

www.twitch.tv/konami
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I have been impressed with Konami's recent spotlight on the series it is refreshing to see.
KnightOfTruth

Post by KnightOfTruth »

AlOnZo wrote:I have been impressed with Konami's recent spotlight on the series it is refreshing to see.
Yeah, I was going to say, we really need to rally everyone we know and all those on this site to watch their Twitch play-throughs of Suikoden that Konami has been doing. It might not be much, but the more "interest" they see in the series through these type of things, the more they'll be seeing $$$$'s and the more likely we are to get our sequel!
Bubblin

Post by Bubblin »

The fact that you're doing this with the goal of getting a sequel is a bit awkward.

You realize that, at the end of the Suikoden series development, the people left on the Suikoden team were writing and developing games like the DS one and the PSP one? And that even they were disbanded after a time?

Any team Konami could bring together would have the same amount of quality or worse, unlikely to be manned by people who have memorized the continuity of S1-5 extensively or have any interest in finishing the series off proper.

Please don't dangle the carrot of a sequel in front of people to motivate them to throw money at Konami.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i tuned into the Konami twitch stream yesterday (but I remembered late and only caught the last 30 minutes). I'll be sure to catch it the next couple days. come party with us!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Bubblin wrote:The fact that you're doing this with the goal of getting a sequel is a bit awkward.

You realize that, at the end of the Suikoden series development, the people left on the Suikoden team were writing and developing games like the DS one and the PSP one? And that even they were disbanded after a time?

Any team Konami could bring together would have the same amount of quality or worse, unlikely to be manned by people who have memorized the continuity of S1-5 extensively or have any interest in finishing the series off proper.

Please don't dangle the carrot of a sequel in front of people to motivate them to throw money at Konami.
1. Whose goal is that? Not SRMs - our goal is actually to get as much Suikoden in the west as possible, this is in no way restricted to a Suikoden VI, but re-releases of the older games on PSN, mangas soundtracks ...
2. Yes.
3. You never know. Before Tierkreis, the Konami executives wanted a sequel set in the same world etc - but Komuta didn't want it, so we got Tierkreis instead. I think IV and especially V fit really well in the SUikoden world, even though Murayama wasn't involved in them and V's Falena was probably nowhere near his imagination.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Some people might even go as far as saying that V was closer to the first two compared to III, and the latter was done when Murayama was still with them. They could get it right if they wanted to.
Bubblin

Post by Bubblin »

If it were that easy to make a good story for a game, I wonder why they didn't want to with the handheld releases? =(
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Bubblin wrote:If it were that easy to make a good story for a game, I wonder why they didn't want to with the handheld releases? =(
One can argue how good the story in Tierkreis is. It is very standard RPG-fare, imo, but not bad - it just lacks the Suikoden feeling. Can't speak for the PSP game.

Also, nobody said it would be easy - just doable with the right effort.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

This KC_MCDOHL is so obsessed with this movement, I doubt he ever plays the suikoden games
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

Since Suikoden Day 2014 is coming up, I thought I'd share a link to a digital arrangement of songs from the Suikoden I OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_MUxPplY78 I hope KC_McDohl or any of the administrators will post a link on the Suikoden Revival Movement Facebook page.
A raw tomato for the win!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

gildedtalon wrote:This KC_MCDOHL is so obsessed with this movement, I doubt he ever plays the suikoden games
You're almost correct. I don't really have time for gaming these days. My 'gaming time' is taken up by SRM duties. But when I do find the time, it's usually always Suikoden :) Currently playing through Suikoden IV with RangerDeon from these boards
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

In the past years since we started the SRM, we have done a LOT to get Konami's attention. Recently, it seems that we got it, with Yuichi's streams of the first two Suikoden games, articles on the official Konami blogs, and generally a lot of awareness for the series.

But we are still far from reaching our goals. While all of you showed your dedication in many various ways, we often hear that we need to present numbers - but what numbers exactly? With that in mind, we created the following survey. We want to know more about you, your experiences with the series and your expectations for a new title. In the end, we want to share the results with Konami (and of course, you!) so they have a better estimate on what the fans want from the series and where we stand at the moment.

Please share it as much as possible! The survey only takes about ten minutes, but will hopefully help us a lot in our relationship with Konami! If you have any feedback on the survey, please also tell us so we can improve it.

http://suikoversum.polldaddy.com/s/who- ... koden-fans