Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Rooks

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by Rooks »

Yeah, I had a rough couple of months there. But I am back now, and we are all trying to network with journalists and other fan communities!

I wrote this essay for the SRM last weekend: http://www.facebook.com/notes/suikoden- ... 9896925534

And I sent it off to Jim Sterling over at Destrucoid, considering that Silent Hill 2 is his favorite game of all time. I am hoping he can help introduce me to some of the major players in the Silent Hill fanbase, as they could be very helpful with our coming plans. I am also looking into the castlevania fanbase as well, though most of their fan forums do not look any more active than Suikosource, despite having a major release only a few years ago, and more on the way.

If anyone has any leads on getting a foot in the door of the Silent Hill or Castlevania fanbases, I would be greatful.
FinalGospel

Post by FinalGospel »

I will try to spread suikoden Revival at Gamefaqs.

Everyday i join that forum.
Hearken the angel's summon. The true path shall guide you to find peace in annihilation!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The attention this movement is getting from the media is quite impressive. What's annoying, however, is that the Japanese game media is totally oblivious or turning a blind eye towards these developments.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Vextor wrote:The attention this movement is getting from the media is quite impressive. What's annoying, however, is that the Japanese game media is totally oblivious or turning a blind eye towards these developments.
We're trying to implement the Japanese more into the movement, I guess Japanese just don't like Fb as much as the rest of the world? Anyway, we're doing some progress and hope Konami will eventually react. :)
Figo710

Post by Figo710 »

Too be honest, I wasn't sure SRM would get such a positive feedback so quickly but i'm very impressed on how much progress it's made so far. Goes to show you that there are plenty of people out there who still love the series.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Figo710 wrote:Too be honest, I wasn't sure SRM would get such a positive feedback so quickly but i'm very impressed on how much progress it's made so far. Goes to show you that there are plenty of people out there who still love the series.
I'm more impressed there is a Dortmund fan in Canada, lol. (Even though I don't appreciate it, I'm a Schalke fan :P)

But thanks for your support! We're very impressed ourselves on the feedback.
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

What about posting SRM on Mixi? I just googled "most popular social network site in Japan" and Mixi is number one there. So maybe getting on Mixi would help SRM's exposure.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

The reception of the "Make your own SRM promotional materials" campaign has been incredible, a lot of this stuff is really good!
Royi

Post by Royi »

Liked on Facebook. May they continue the story after Suikoden 3 is what I wish for. Or maybe a side-story taking place during Suikoden 3 that covers some Toran Republic conflict or something.

And no cat-people. Please no cat-people. I did not enjoy Meowth from Suikoden 4. I dislike him very much
The answer is 42
Warcrown

Post by Warcrown »

Long time follower of the movement, just now joining these forums. Has anyone tried spreading the word through Enworld.org or giantitp.com? Both are large communities of 100k+ members. Granted, both are more geared to D&D and such, but there is a large number of Suikoden gamers amongst them last I checked.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Royi wrote:Liked on Facebook. May they continue the story after Suikoden 3 is what I wish for. Or maybe a side-story taking place during Suikoden 3 that covers some Toran Republic conflict or something.

And no cat-people. Please no cat-people. I did not enjoy Meowth from Suikoden 4. I dislike him very much
Haha I feel the same, but Junko Kawano is a huge fan of cats. We might actually be stuck with them. Seriously, most of her pictures on facebook are of her cats.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Meowth? Suikoden IV? What?

Tierkreis' Furious Roar tribe did a much better job at consolidating the various Kobold types anyway.
Warcrown

Post by Warcrown »

patapi wrote:Meowth? Suikoden IV? What?

Tierkreis' Furious Roar tribe did a much better job at consolidating the various Kobold types anyway.
Haha, think he meant Cheepu.

The campaign went far better than expected yesterday, even getting a comment out of Konami. On top of that, the movement has grown by atleast 300 members in the last 12 hours. We keep this up I think we will be in good shape. :D
Royi

Post by Royi »

patapi wrote:Meowth? Suikoden IV? What?

Ugh that one Meowth character from Suikoden 4 I wish I could have just marooned on the island you originally get deserted on. Incredibly annoying... (looked up his name just now "Chiepoo"). And the fact that the main character's head looked like a ball with that hairdo. Ugh. I still wonder if I'll ever replay that game (played through once just cant seem to pick it up again)

I hope that they someday make a 6. I think they clearly learned from their 4 mistake. 5 was an amazing game, the mass-battles were incredibly engaging and fun. If they could blend the graphics of 5 with a story of 2 with a trinity system of 3 and the emotion of 1 - wow, just wow.
The answer is 42
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

So, if you want to hear me talk about Suikoden, the SRM, and what I think is in store for the industry, I was a special guest on this Podcast:

http://gamebuddyfuncast.podomatic.com/e ... 3_32-08_00