Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by Antimatzist »

LanceHeart wrote:No, there have been quite a few thousand tweets on that hashtag. He specifically singled out Suikoden among others in his favorites.
Still, I don't overinterpret this. We don't even know if this has will any meaning in future business decisions. Still, was great to see so many participating.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Will they ever consider to continue the saga? I don't know what to think anymore.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

A Bit of an Update:

I was in the hospital a few months ago, and am still doing physical therapy, so my contributions have been lacking as late I am sorry to say.

But, I am back again, and have been pursuing contacts in the press and I think we might be getting somewhere with that. Also KC has been doing a lot of work with current and former Konami employees, and Xelenis is working on putting together a web team for our own website. I will likely make an update video in the next few days about this and have it up on facebook.

Also, once we get the website up and running, we will start mail-in campaigns and I am going to try to get my next letter to Konami circulated in the press if Konami does not respond. We also have some other ideas, but those need to be fleshed out better before we give any more details. Suffice it to say, the second-half of this year is going to be more active than the first half.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Looks like the revival movement got a mention on Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/today-is-suikoden-day ... Socialflow
Diablo26283

Please vote for a Western release !!!

Post by Diablo26283 »

Don't forget to vote for the PSP-Suikoden here - this might increase the chances for a Western release!

http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-lo ... ami-polls/
Yamaneko22

Operation Rainfall might fight for Suikoden localization

Post by Yamaneko22 »

Operation Rainfall, best known for their efforts to convience Nintendo to localize Xenoblade in NA, is preparing for another campaign. This time they plan to convience both Konami and Sega to localize one of their games:

Konami:
Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki (PSP) or
Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS)

Sega:
Valkyria Chronicles III (PSP) or
Yakuza 5 (PS3) or
Shining Hearts (PSP) or
Yakuza 1&2 HD Remakes (PS3 and WiiU)

As you can see Suikoden game is on the Konami list! They want gamers to decide which of the mentioned games they would like to see localized in english the most. Vote on their site for Suikoden, please! Also if possible, someone put this into the main page Suikosource news section, so more people can see this.

http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-lo ... ami-polls/

"As we announced on June 5th, 2013, we have entered a partnership with Language Automation, Inc., (LAI), a company that specializes in game localization. LAI will be offering companies a discount on their localization fee if the companies choose to localize the games the oprainfall community votes on and promotes. There may even be ways that certain individuals within the community could be elected to help with the localization process!

It is fair to note that even if a game wins a poll or has many votes, there is no guarantee that it will be localized. The poll’s purpose is to allow LAI to go to the publishers with some extra ammunition to help convince them to localize the game. If you ever wanted to see any of these games localized in the West, this could be the game’s best chance! So if you see a favorite game on the list, be sure to vote for it and send it to everyone you know to vote for it, as well."
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

We did post about OpRain and LAI's poll, and Suikoden is in the lead. However, we have had something like only 20% of our active users who saw the post voted in the poll. This is probably because the community seems relatively ambivalent about the game. While I would certainly like to play it, it is not a top priority for us, honestly. Getting a working line of communication going with Konami and getting digital releases of the older games is much more important to us.

Oddly, Oprain never told us about this poll before it happened, which I would have greatly appreciated.

In other SRM news, we might be invited to post on Konami UK's blog, which is pretty exciting. Especially considering how much trouble everyone had getting SIII published in the PAL region, Konami UK and EU have been really nice to us. Also, Dale North the editor-in-chief over at Destructoid put Suikoden on his list of games he would like to see make a comeback next generation, so I am trying to get in touch with him too.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

The SRM are pleased to announce the next phase of our campaign: Operation Blinking Mirror.

We are going to hold a mass-mail-in campaign targetting KCEJ - Konami Japan's HQ.

We want to brring Suikoden back. We want to revive this classic series. From 10-12 of December 2013, we encourage as many fans as possible to send any Suikoden related material to Konami Japan. We aim to show just how much love and support there still is for the Suikdoen series with the hope that Konami can then realise that the classic Suikdoen series, as we know it, is a popular enough and important enough gaming franchise.

Please look forward to future announcemnts of this event. You can join the event page, here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/396685697097672/
Leader Of Sindar

Post by Leader Of Sindar »

i'am the leader of sindar, shall accompany all of suikoden fans all over the world. in the next suikoden series, please hail my name to stand a chance for bring a biggest change with my almighty RUNE OF CHANGE, :lol: :lol: can't wait for the next series, i hope they will tell all about sindar and make it clear about all the ruin that gives us so many hard time in many series of suikoden,

KONAMI BRING BACK OUR HERO BACK!!! :twisted:
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

I have also posted in the Konami Blog after reading it. I grew up with the Suikoden Series. My best friend and I spent COUNTLESS HOURS leveling up the protagonist and recruiting the 108 SoD.

We also had a blast when we played the "cook off" Substory of Hai Yo! Oh boy.. we were debating which Recipes to pick in order to win... good times... and imagine our reaction when we first Met Retso in S5... oh boy... sweet memories...
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

So there's a post on the Konami UK site about the Revival Movement if anyone's curious:

http://www.konami.co.uk/2013/09/05/intr ... -movement/
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that was a great read. very proud of you guys!!!! long live Genso Suikoden!
Snuff

Post by Snuff »

I am kinda thinking i will go knock on Konamis door and ask WTF when i go to Japan next year...
Snuff

Post by Snuff »

I tried sending a email to Konami EU:

Dear Konami. I have been a fan of your games for so many years. Metal gear solid is great, Silent Hill is scary good and Castlevania is fantastic. But the main reason i always loved Konami is the Suikoden-series. Why hasnt Suikoden 1 and 2 been released on the EU market? Its already translated. I created a NA-PSN account just to download Suikoden 1 on my PS VITA and i would buy it again if it was released on the EU market. Suikoden was the ONLY reason i bought a PS Vita and then i couldnt even play it because i live in sweden. Thats just wrong. Please Konami, start talking to the fans. Tell us why it hasent been released. Please release the whole Suikoden-series so i can play it on my PS Vita. Please reply on this mail and please start talking with the fans. Too long i have been wondering, Why dont Konami care about the fans?

And this is the reply:

Dear Joey Karma,
We do not have any information about future releases of Suikoden. We recommend that you check the official KONAMI website for all future news and updates regarding this.

Why cant Konami open up for a discussion?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

That's been Konami's style for, like, ever. I tried to get to them in the past, but all they ever sent were generic "Sorry, no news" e-mails, even just some weeks prior to Suikoden Tierkreis' release in EU.