Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Sorry to derail the recent discussion but I am just reiterating that we are still looking for more Japanese translators. Please come forward if this is something that would interest you, or you know someone who would.
Warcrown

Post by Warcrown »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:Sorry to derail the recent discussion but I am just reiterating that we are still looking for more Japanese translators. Please come forward if this is something that would interest you, or you know someone who would.
Hmm, I wanna say I know someone who could be interested. Though I haven't talked to him in a while. Let me see what I can do.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

We've put a post up on the main page about the movement and made this topic global on the forums. Good luck guys!

Oh, and I had a thought. You guys might want to create a Wikipedia page. Project Rainfall has one.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Thanks for putting us on the frontpage!

As for Wikipedia - we totally lack relevance at the moment. Even Operation Rainfall's article was nearly deleted because it lacked relevance. But we haven't accomplished anything big yet except for two small responses by Konami. One of our followers contacted us and said he created one for the SRM and it got deleted...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

You could always make a Suikoden Revival Movement wikia page. There's tons of those around.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ah yes, I keep forgetting how anal Wikipedia can be.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hirathien wrote:You could always make a Suikoden Revival Movement wikia page. There's tons of those around.
We could do one on the Suikoden Wikia. On the other hand, there's really not much to write about at the moment "Was founded by three suikosource members. Then another suikosouce member joined. THE END" + goals etc

Also, I somehow doubt that this would have an advertising effect :/ We'll make up a homepage soon, though, and of course hope to get more relevant over time :D
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Im not so sure. I think being on Suikoden Wikia would be great. I don't think its too early for it. Yeah we maybe don't have too much to cover since the true birth of the SRM but taking the last 2 years into consideration there is probably more than enough. But, personally, I think there is probably just enough to write about since the SRM's true inception back in August 2012 too :)
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:Sorry to derail the recent discussion but I am just reiterating that we are still looking for more Japanese translators. Please come forward if this is something that would interest you, or you know someone who would.
With the amount of support you guys have now, it doesn't look like you guys will suddenly disappear on me. And if I decide to commit, I have to be sure I don't end up doing the same either. So I've decided...

Count me in.

dragonmasterx@gmail.com
irvilminer

Post by irvilminer »

ganbatte! i support you with my forgiven sign^^
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

woah I'm a little late - I liked it, you have my support!
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

I understand the intent but SRM is only going to backfire. The reality to it is that, 10k Likes on FB on a span of few months is just flat out terrible. Suikoden is dead. The fans of the old have given up on it, and trying to make new fans in todays gaming trend is almost impossible considering the genre.

I'm happy that there's still people around caring about the series, but without SRM konami would have atleast had the series on the back of their minds even probably thinking that one day this might generate them profit. But with the poor numbers, it would only further justify their actions of cutting the game out.

Face it, Konami is so diverse now in terms of their business...investing money on a game that has very little potential of profit is asking for a loss. You guys really need to realize that.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The reality to it is that, 10k Likes on FB on a span of few months is just flat out terrible.
This hugely depends on your pov. Imo this is already great. There have never been any as succesful trys to gather Suikoden fans as the SRM up to date. Also, we don't know what Konamis expectations for a future title would be. And: Operation Rainfall has ~12k members on fb and while their influence is debatable, they still were able to promote the corresponding games, making Xenoblade a success on the US (according to a Nintendo salesman) and Last Story the best selling game for XSEED ever.

We still have a long way ahead, and there are still a lot of Suikoden gamers to gather - but I cannot see how 10k is bad. The Suikoden page (which is only a copy of the Wikipedia article) with the most likes on Fb has roughly 30k likes. So we don't show Konami anything they wouldn't already know. Instead, we could be a way to promote the Suikoden series for free.
Face it, Konami is so diverse now in terms of their business...investing money on a game that has very little potential of profit is asking for a loss. You guys really need to realize that.
How is Konami diverse? They focus a lot on Kojima games and MGS, then they have the ever popular PES series, they handle SH quite badly, Castlevania is getting a reboot with mixed reviews... they are trying to get into the social media game market, but that's not what I'd consider a future for me.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Konami is far from diverse.
They're all about MGS. That's it. PES is no longer what it was, Silent Hill got buried, Castlevania is still something we're not entirely sure about either.

As for MGS, I'm surprised the reviewers gave it such good grades. The story was pretty woeful. The gameplay was fun, but other than that, I thought it was pretty dumb.
There's new MGS coming, this further proves that all Konami has got left is MGS. They've got their own engine, which means that they can produce games cheaper, leaving Konami with extra funds for new projects, but don't misunderstand Konami for being diverse. They're a one-trick pony.
It's sad to see such a big company, one that contributed with some all-time classics, to be nothing more than a company with one franchise.

As far as the SRM goes, I'm with Antimatzist on this. It's the most succesful unit as of yet. Konami officially recognised it and so there's certainly some attention.
Various websites have showed interest, including major websites.

I am skeptical, however. That is not because I think we're not doing enough. It's because I think Konami doesn't care. They've sweet talked us before when they released Tierkreis and wanted us to ask them questions, but in the end, it was just promo talk for Tierkreis.
Konami's "we cannot make any statement" stance they've had for years now further proves that point for me.
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

Wow strong unaware of Konami Investment. You have to realize, Konami investment is not exclusive to Entertainment...

Officially recognized it? More like you're spamming my facebook page too much i need to do something about it because i don't want it to bury MGS rising news..that's what happened.