Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
smudboy

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by smudboy »

Hello. I'm smudboy, and I'm part of the SRM web team.

I'm looking for those interested in creating a "spiritual successor" game to the Suikoden universe.

I am currently looking for amateur artists of all media, animators and developers. Your opinions and ideas are required. PM me for any such information/contact info, or help you can provide.
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

I love this movement~ though I have yet to participate in something. :'D I can do some fanart or something to support. o3o
Blueknight

Post by Blueknight »

Hello I am new here I just found this wepsite/ forum. I have been a huge fan of Suikoden since the first one and still have all my suikoden games and even bought the first one off psn even though I have the original. I was just wondering if there was a petition or something that I could sign to get another suikoden game for nextgen consoles. I am in the facebook group too.
henry

Post by henry »

i falling in love with this game, so i joined
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

henry wrote:i falling in love with this game, so i joined
And another person is stung by the Suikoden bug!! :lol: Glad you could join us Henry!!
saintdork

Post by saintdork »

We might need a slogan for this movement. Like #sixinstallmentsandananime :))

In all seriousness, tho, is there anyone a frequenter in Japanese fandom? They are quite active in making small fan events, like the Twitter characters rank voting or an installment anniversary event. We can set up something similar, maybe favorite characters/scene/anything ranking similar to chara ranking in Marugoto! book, or fanwork events like Mark of Stars and 108fanarts in LJ.

I mean, we have been spread over different sites until recently. Tbh, I'd like to have fun and getting know other fans first before going straight for big goals. Just like Suikoden itself -- the army exists not only because of having 108 characters, but 108 characters interacting with each other.
henry

Post by henry »

blinking mirror operation is enough i think, because we sent letters to konami like we sent by viki,haha maybe some the letters doesn't arrive like viki sent us wrong destination,
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

henry wrote:blinking mirror operation is enough i think, because we sent letters to konami like we sent by viki,haha maybe some the letters doesn't arrive like viki sent us wrong destination,
In all my times of playing the games I have only ever been mistakenly teleported to the Cave of Wind twice and Two River once. The rest of the time the silly wench got it right!! So I never got to see the upstairs of the item store in Radat!!
*grumblegrumblegrumblefailsallthetimebutneverwhenIneedhertosillywenchgrumblegrumble!!
Blueknight

Post by Blueknight »

I have never seen the upstairs of the item store in radat either lol. I am acutally playing part 2 again right now. I remember my brother got teleported there his one and only play thru of the game. I have probably beat part 2 at least 3 times.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Yeah me 2!! I have to have completed SII now at least 6 times and not once, in ANY of my play throughs have I ever been teleported into the room in Radat! Totally frustrating like!
riika430

Post by riika430 »

happy new year everyone hope konami have present for us :D
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

Bumping this.

Let's get to 50k likes before June!
ChannelF

Post by ChannelF »

I'm not sure Suikoden will ever be revived but at least it hasn't become like Lunar, where they essentially just remake the original game every few years instead of giving us Lunar 3.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, Lunar didn't really have much of a continuing narrative. A couple of recurring character with continuing arcs I guess.

I feel you on the remakes. I keep picking that game up used whenever it gets remade, hoping they'll stop messing about and just expand and improve on the original Sega CD version without screwing up the magic and battle systems and so on. Never happens, though.
ChannelF

Post by ChannelF »

Since much of the backstory of Lunar 2 focused on the exodus from the Blue Star to Lunar and that one day the Blue Star would be habitable again, I think Lunar 3 should focus on returning to the Blue Star.

There are some positive things a Suikoden remake could add though if it were made. A duel between McDohl and Windy after the party's battle with Barbarossa, for example.