Post Your Trophy/Achievement Ideas

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
veeshadow

Post Your Trophy/Achievement Ideas

Post by veeshadow »

I'm sure I'm not the only one want who still wish any Suikoden will touch PS3 or its generation >__< especially Suikoden series is unique in one way, by having multiple paths/endings, characters you recruit, and more. Trophy will give you more replays in nowadays game, even for a game that just "beat stage 1, beat stage 2, beat stage 3, until the end"

Just for fun topic, give your ideas for trophy/achievement either to existing games or even just a wishlist for Suikoden VI loll...From my self, I can't think what best names for trophy's name so I just post criteria lol... Also, with trophy you also possible to get them and keep them even when you don't save the game after you get it. So it's possible to have trophy with Gremio alive and die for example....

Of course spoiler alert if you don't finish games yet..

I just start with general Suikodens overall:

- Get all 108 SoD and alive
- Recruit all possible characters (108 stars, non-stars, option chars like Kasumi/Valeria on S2), a challenge so you play all possible paths on the game with separate save and loaded save from previous game (S2 and S3 curse) lol...
- Perform all unite attacks
- Get all Recipes, Old Books, Seeds, and blah blah blah (depend on the game)
- View all possible endings
- Finish Richmond/Kidd/Oboro's investigations (hahaha, hell one)
- Finish minigames .... (fill blank with you want)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Nikisaur

Re: Post Your Trophy/Achievement Ideas

Post by Nikisaur »

Suikoden 2:
- Recruit all Flying Squirrels
- Recruit all possible characters (requiring multiple playthroughs obviously)
- SAVE RIDLEY OUTSIDE RADAT

As for the rest there could be like, discover all locations, or win x amount of gold from minigames.

The problem with putting trophies/achievements into Suikoden games is that apart from collecting items and recruiting characters, it is kind of light on side-quests and opportunities like this. Mini games are a good one, but it would have to be to achieve a certain time/amount of money to be a challenge.

There could be boss battle ones like defeat a certain boss without any party member falling. Or win a major battle without losing a unit (this may be possible in only some scenarios, really easy in S4)
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I think Suikoden should remain without trophies. Unless you're a trophie, you-know-what, do you really care?

Don't take this as an attack, I've always wondered why people give so much attention to trophies and achievements. Most trophies I've picked up are mostly through playing the game. Hardly ever have I gone out of my way for a trophy. I simply don't care. You don't gain anything from the trophy/ unlocks anything / makes the game better, etc. They're just there. That's all they do. Be. Nothing else.

A little bronze, silver, gold, or platinum cup. That's it. I guess you could say that I don't like them :P. Tbh, I'm indifferent. I just don't see their purpose. Quite often you're looking at some ridiculous act, only to get a little "pling" and a little bronze cup appearing on the screen. Well done, you've played this game for 100 hours.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well, some games have some effect for the trophies. Like, Final Fantasy XIII. You get a theme for some trophies, I find that as a nice addition.

I myself like trophies in most games, gives you something extra to work for. Most of the time they're well, worthless. But if you and a friend, as an example, are having a friendly competition as to who can get the most, then it can be really fun.

They're not for everyone though, some games have really tough and time demanding trophies.

But back to the subject at hand, I think Suikoden should have some basic trophies, if any.

- 108 stars
- Finish the cook-offs (Suikoden II exclusive)
- See all the different endings (Not with all the different stars, mind you, but like in Suikoden II, Fighting Jowy etc.)
- Finish it twice.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Maybe it is just me getting older. I've noticed with a few fellow gamers that once they're getting older, they're less interested in doing menial tasks. I still remember my days in Final Fantasy X where you had the butterfly trial and the dodge lightning 200 times test. Me and some mates decided to simply use an Action Replay instead.

I do remember when I was a teenager, I was really into completing a game 100%, doing all the sidequests, getting in-game trophies if the game had them (like in MGS, etc), but nowadays, I'm just happy immersing myself in a game, without worrying about trophies. I think they kind of distract as well. If you know a trophy is coming, you're focus goes to that, instead of the game. Plus, if you're in the middle of a cut scene and you hear 'pling', it interrupts the scene. Still, to each their own.

If Suikoden were to have any trophies, it would have to be things that don't interrupt scenes. Far too often I am in cutscenes and I get a trophy and for what? Progressing into Chapter 2? Is that really worthy of another trophy? I'm looking at you, Assassin's Creed.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You do know that those trophies are optional, right? You don't have to bother with them if you don't like them. There's nothing wrong with letting others have their fun.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Nikisaur wrote:Suikoden 2:
- Recruit all Flying Squirrels
- Recruit all possible characters (requiring multiple playthroughs obviously)
- SAVE RIDLEY OUTSIDE RADAT

As for the rest there could be like, discover all locations, or win x amount of gold from minigames.

The problem with putting trophies/achievements into Suikoden games is that apart from collecting items and recruiting characters, it is kind of light on side-quests and opportunities like this. Mini games are a good one, but it would have to be to achieve a certain time/amount of money to be a challenge.

There could be boss battle ones like defeat a certain boss without any party member falling. Or win a major battle without losing a unit (this may be possible in only some scenarios, really easy in S4)
Suikoden games actually are tricky game ones, while game nowadays people could get easy trophy by learning tutorial and master them, Suikoden just oh woot. Take S1 and S2 for example, there is no battle and duel tutorial. We just grind like hell then you notice a unique way of leveling. You can miss a scene and few things and more. In short there are many things that can get you screwed lol...
Piisuke wrote:I think Suikoden should remain without trophies. Unless you're a trophie, you-know-what, do you really care?

Don't take this as an attack, I've always wondered why people give so much attention to trophies and achievements. Most trophies I've picked up are mostly through playing the game. Hardly ever have I gone out of my way for a trophy. I simply don't care. You don't gain anything from the trophy/ unlocks anything / makes the game better, etc. They're just there. That's all they do. Be. Nothing else.

A little bronze, silver, gold, or platinum cup. That's it. I guess you could say that I don't like them :P. Tbh, I'm indifferent. I just don't see their purpose. Quite often you're looking at some ridiculous act, only to get a little "pling" and a little bronze cup appearing on the screen. Well done, you've played this game for 100 hours.
For me, it still a reward for doing something. Well the interest point is you keep them. On old games, you can get an achievement in game (in RPG, mostly will be an overpowered equipments or just key items). You start new game, you have to do all over again. For games that have multiple story paths, people will pay their attention to get another path after finish a path. Okay in term example of Suikoden, I never get Boris/Kraken on S2 or finish FC as Chris/Geddoe on S3 because they don't give you reward, even just a damn junk titles/items in your game (I don't remember if S3 has one). While I care for recruiting squirrels, with a new save icon and additional ending lines it's still has a reward (and you can keep it like trophy). Well no one also forced to get all of them in one go.

If there is a bad thing about trophies, I call them spoilers. You'll be spoiled on endings trophy for example..

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Has anybody done any of these in Suikoden 2?

- Defeat Rowd in Kyaro town
- Finish Clive quest with ALL 108 stars
- Defeat Leon before the final major battle (although this one depends on luck)
- Defeat both Gorudo's army and Highland's army during the recapture of Rockaxe Castle
- Defeat Highland army during the recapture of Greenhill,when you go with Viktor's group.

:?: :?: :?:
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:Has anybody done any of these in Suikoden 2?

- Defeat Rowd in Kyaro town --> too much time consuming
- Finish Clive quest with ALL 108 stars --> done
- Defeat Leon before the final major battle (although this one depends on luck) --> yeah need luck with Fire Spear/Jeane's Lightning
- Defeat both Gorudo's army and Highland's army during the recapture of Rockaxe Castle --> Gorudo is coward much like Miklotov said, he will stay on behind so when the time you clash with him, the battle script that highland will retreat is come too soon..
- Defeat Highland army during the recapture of Greenhill,when you go with Viktor's group. --> too easy, my videos last less than 2 minutes with lucky strike

:?: :?: :?:
my experiment so far, but also fun to do lol....

Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Personaly,i've completed all Oboro's investigations,and i've earned....NOTHING,not even a letter in the comment box,where Oboro congratulating you.

Btw,it would be nice if we see in the next suikoden game of the main series a mini game were the investigations will be manual,and not auto like Richmond's/Kidd's//Oboro's...just like Norden's investigation in Rainwall.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

S1: 108 recruits, checked all runes and unites, but not..every chracter

S2:
-108 + extra recruits, checked all runes and unites, used all characters, at least for a little while.
- Defeat Rowd in Kyaro town->done, once
- Finish Clive quest with ALL 108 stars->done, once
- Defeat Leon before the final major battle -> not sure
- Defeat both Gorudo's army and Highland's army during the recapture of Rockaxe Castle->once
- Defeat Highland army during the recapture of Greenhill,when you go with Viktor's group.->done, more than once
- Ridley breaks through when surrounded in front of Radat-> done, more than once
- Once, Muse fugutives break through Luca's purchase to Mathilda border, but nothing happens, they still gotta stay to die.
- Complete cook off, Richmond investigations.
- Checked all mini games but never bother twice if i know there's no reward. Got everything from Rope climbing game.
- Got into secret room in Radat.
- See all endings.
- Solo beast rune

S3:
- 108 recruits,
- Used all characters, survive in unwinnable fights and win in optional battles except some duels when you must loose.
- Checked all unites, used most runes but not all(will complete this task next time).
- Major victory for every winnable battle.
- Solo WindRI

S4:
- 108 recruits
- Hunt all treasures with Rene, just once
- Checked all mini games, once.
- Solo Giant Tree

S5:
- 108 recuits + musical elves
- Checked all unites, most runes, most characters.
- Obtained all epic, just once.
- Checked all mini games, once.
- Beat Dolph/Childrich during night attack in Sun palace in a fresh game
- Voctory+ for all major battles.
- See all endings
- Solo SunRI
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Secret Room in Radat in S2 --> Can cause people rage quit :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I don't think solo challenges would make good trophies. Way too tedious.

There are some trophy ideas there though that could work.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote: - Defeat both Gorudo's army and Highland's army during the recapture of Rockaxe Castle->once

Do you have any video of this??? I'd like to see that

Today i saved Pahn,in the duel with Teo in S1.....it was quite frustrating...i reseted my console about 10 times. :x :x :x

So,i will consider it an achievment

Btw,getting all stars WITHOUT a guide will be achievment...not just getting them....especially in S5,you know why :mrgreen:

And finding Untold Clarity without a guide of course...
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sasarai10 wrote: Today i saved Pahn,in the duel with Teo in S1.....it was quite frustrating...i reseted my console about 10 times. :x :x :x

So,i will consider it an achievment
This includes in 108 stars achivements already.

Ah, I forgot to mention 2 secret areas from S5 Viki's accident.