Create your own rune

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
RevKoden

Create your own rune

Post by RevKoden »

NOte to MOds/Admin: If this is in wrong topic please move it to the right topic
Create your own rune here,explain the rune magical skills, and it's explanation history
1) Season Rune
A rune that governs over controlling the season of the world. Focusing on changing element of it's magic,status effect, lowering resistance.
Lv.1 Change of Seasons(Change season around the battlefield,Cycle:Vernal->Estival->Autumnal->Hibernal)
Lv.2 ------- Curse(Depending on season, target a cluster of foes, with a status effect and lowering their resistance towards certain elemental property)
- Vernal will cause poison, lowers their resistance to wind
- Estival will cause burn, lowers their resistance to fire
- Autumnal will cause silence, lowers their resistance to earth
- Hibernal will cause sleep, lowers their resistance to water
Lv.3 ------- Blessing(Depending on season, grants positive status effect to all allies, and increasing their resistance towards certain elemental property)
- Vernal will grant regen, and increase their resistance to wind
- Estival will grant Fury, and increase their resistance to fire
- Autumnal will grant Alert status, and increase their resistance to earth
- Hibernal will increase their defense and magical defense, also their resistance to water
Lv.4 ------- Blast(Depending on season, 350+ Damage to all foes, with different elemental property)
-Vernal(Wind)
-Estival(Fire)
-Autumnal(Earth)
-Hibernal(Water)

There my first rune is done, more coming up

2) Time Rune(<-True rune)
This powerful rune governs over time, allowing user to manipulate time and has an ability to time travel.The user can change the fate of someone with this rune.(It is also the only rune capable of >level 4 magic)
Lv.1 Slow(Slow all enemies in place for a period)
Lv.2 Stop(Stop enemies and allies excluding self for a determined time)
Lv.3 Time travel(Send one enemy into another time)
Lv.4 Rewind(Rewind one enemy a turn)
Lv.5 Reset(Reset current battle to the beginning)
Lv.6 Time compression(Ancient time magic,+550 damages & dealing bad effects to all enemies)
Other properties of the Time Rune, it can designated a place to not be affected by time, this including people. It's ability is very powerful,and can sometimes go uncontrollable creating unwanted effects such as rewinding time to the beginning of war. The rune pairs up with another rune the Space rune.
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Create your own rune

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I've often thought of a time rune being a logical next to step to the collection, as they do seem to follow along with the Infinity Gems. But the idea is just too overpowered. It's a life and death rune, just rewind time and bring someone back. You could literally alter anything with it. Make sure people are never born. It's just too much.

And as for the season rune... that's really complicated, I don't know if I'd ever want to use that over a good ole Wind Rune.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, you could have a Rune of Time, but to make it fit in, it'd have to be like the Night Rune or the Beast Rune. It basically refuses to attach itself to anyone, or even be used by anyone unless they offer it the proper sacrifices.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Or it could be split into two or three different child runes. One controlling seasons maybe, another being able to alter the flow of time (slowing down and speeding up) and another one that allows the bearer to view the past and possible future but not intervene.

The plot could be something like the antagonist has one of the runes and wants to unite the remaining ones together to form the True Time Rune and rule the suikoverse forever!
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

No, I think it would have to be a true rune. And if you're splitting it up, that would make the Beginning rune much less unique

And your plot makes it sounds like The Sun Rune and children runes. That stuff has been done.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

I see your point but it would solve the too overpowered problem, besides alot of things in Suikoden have already been rehashed from the previous games why stop now?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

killerslime wrote:I see your point but it would solve the too overpowered problem, besides alot of things in Suikoden have already been rehashed from the previous games why stop now?
Because then the series becomes stagnant and boring.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Well arguably it already has. Suikoden doesn't have alot of new places to go, Suikoden 5 proved that much. How many different ways can you raise an army and a HQ without it getting a bit repetitive?

SPOILERS

I would rather have a rune that is split up into parts again then yet another annoying protector that dies and is ressurrected for a third time. Or another so called best mate/family member that betrays me only to come around in the end.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:I've often thought of a time rune being a logical next to step to the collection, as they do seem to follow along with the Infinity Gems. But the idea is just too overpowered. It's a life and death rune, just rewind time and bring someone back. You could literally alter anything with it. Make sure people are never born. It's just too much.

And as for the season rune... that's really complicated, I don't know if I'd ever want to use that over a good ole Wind Rune.
I guess so, but that makes for some interesting points. Altering the flow of time is really dangerous, and I guess someone who got the rune would use it often in the beginning, but starts to see it of a curse the longer he has it. It's less suited for the main hero, though.

I mean being overpowered is the essence of most True Runes. The Sun Rune had the power to devastate a huge part of a country, as did the True Fire Rune.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

killerslime wrote:Well arguably it already has. Suikoden doesn't have alot of new places to go, Suikoden 5 proved that much. How many different ways can you raise an army and a HQ without it getting a bit repetitive?

SPOILERS

I would rather have a rune that is split up into parts again then yet another annoying protector that dies and is ressurrected for a third time. Or another so called best mate/family member that betrays me only to come around in the end.

Yes, Suikoden V was quite guilty of playing the rehash card. But if you think that the series has already explored all possible paths, then you really need to expand your horizons.
FinalGospel

Post by FinalGospel »

Well

I thought one day, based on the context of the series that a WAR RUNE would fit well.
It would have a power based in empower a army. Someone with this rune get mastery in any kind of weapon, and could strenghten any weapon, gave to nearby choosen follower some kind of power up.
I even thought that Zexen could have this rune in it´s territory, besides it being unknown the correct place.
And a farmar could be the holder of this rune, running from any clashes to don´t show this dangerous rune to the corrupted government.
Hearken the angel's summon. The true path shall guide you to find peace in annihilation!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Manipulation Rune
A rune that controls it's victims' mind. You can use it to brainwash somebody into following you and doing whatever you tell them. Almost like playing a game!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

sticky-runes wrote:Manipulation Rune
A rune that controls it's victims' mind. You can use it to brainwash somebody into following you and doing whatever you tell them. Almost like playing a game!
Isn't that the Conquerer Rune that Windy used on Milich and Kwanda? By giving them "Black Runes", she was able to manipulate them with her Conquerer Rune. Even though it's not a true rune, I don't think another Conquerer Rune has been used in game other than Windy's use. I wonder just how unique it is.
PSN: FreshMetal80
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Would be interesting if it had a parent rune, like the relationship between the Soul Eater and Darkness runes.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Oh yeah, the Black runes gave the generals power over monsters, didn't they? Do you suppose it was a similar kind of relationship between Badeaux's Howling Rune and the Listening Crystals? I think it would be nice if we got to see what other possibilities the existing runes have to offer. Especially the Dragon Rune - would love to see a story revolvong around that!