Which Suikoden games do you own?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.

Which of these Suikoden games do you own (original copy, no PSN/PSP)?

You may select up to 10 options

View results

StevieX

Re: Which Suikoden games do you own?

Post by StevieX »

gilgamesh31 wrote:Aha i understand now, good find i paid just over £20 for my suikoden 3 but it was quite scratched, the opening video always crashes on me but at least the game works all fine.

Have you tried getting the disc cleaned up? I know Gamestation used to do it but not sure anymore.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah i havnt been in Gamestation for ages suprised the chains still alive, i always purchase games online because theres never anything of worth in those shops. I used their disc cleaner on a copy of FF12 i bought second hand from there because the game wouldnt even start it was so scratched. The disc looked pretty clean after and the game played fine until i got to the ending which consists of a near 10 minutes cut scene. The video completly crashed and this was about 3 a.m so i had to wait until the next morning to watch the end which was lame. Anyways i might have to take a trip down to my old game retailer now that you mentioned it, good shout. :D
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

^ i still find that not releasing 3 for the PAL region was a big mistake for konamis part...

anyways, i have:
suikoden 1
suikoden 2
suikoden 3
suikoden 4
suikoden 5
suikoden tactics
suikogaiden volume 1
suikogaiden volume 2

im very proud of the suikogaidens, because it was pretty hard to find. i was living in japan that time, and i had to take a train ride to the next city since they had a lot of 2nd hand gaming shops. after the 4th shop, i finally found both games. =) i finished part 1 with difficulty, but it helped me test my kanji quite well.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Gantetsu86

Post by Gantetsu86 »

I wish i could find the suikogaidens that would be awesome

I own suikoden 1, 2, 4, 5 and tierkris
What is today but yesterdays tomorrow?
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

I own:
suikoden
suikoden 4
suikoden 5
suikoden tactics
suikoden tierkris

my brother has Suikoden 2 but he wont let me borrow it anymore. :cry:
i was pissed at konami for not giving us suikoden 3 but my brother got a chipped ps2 so we could finally play the game.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

good for you, lady mikain. :D

i have yet to find someone who owns card stories though. apparently, none of my japanese gaming friend have even heard of it. though i did find this old suikoden guide book for card stories in a shop once. i got it since it had a limited edition card.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I got that book! Its all in Japanese but the pictures are good (for the most part) was the limited card Zaj by any chance?
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

well, i'll be! thats the exact same one that i have! ^_^ i got mine from this small 2nd hand gaming store in japan a few yrs back, and the card came with it. the only reason i bought it was for the amazing art and for the card. they had this other edition as well with pretty much the same artwork, but with fewer pages, and the card attached to it was of srgt. joe. i gave that to a friend since he asked for it. :D

howd you get yours, living all the way in europe? i find that really amazing. :D

oh, and going a bit back to gantetsu's question, i found a couple of people selling the first volume of suikogaiden on amazon. id only recommended getting it though if you're a real suikoden nut, or it you can understand japanese characters.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I just bought it on Ebay from Japan a while ago along with loads of other suikoden books i cant read. I knew they would be in Japanese but i just like looking at the art, while im having a shoot usually. Infact im waiting on the Genso Suikoden Marugoto! konami Official data art book, to arrive from Japan. Its got art work from all the suikoden games so far including the gaidens, card stories and tactics. It will be the perfect toilet companion :mrgreen:
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

that's great, man. =D you must really be a dedicated fan. haha. you should try to get this suikoden 1 and 2 manga....i was able to grab the first volumes of each. the art work is pretty good...though i prefer aki shimizus rendition of part 3 any day.

perfect toliet companion? :lol:
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Ive got them allready and your right aki shimizus art work is far better. I never get tired of reading those Suikoden III mangas.

What i mean by perfect toilet companion is that i like to read books while im on the toilet, im constantly bringing in one of my suikoden guides to look at as i dont leave them in the toilet. But when this new art book arrives it will have loads of art from all the suikodens so i can just read that all the time. :D
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

yeah, only problem is, im still missing the 11th volume. @_@ its pretty hard to find, or so ive been told. still, im hoping to find it soon.

hahahaa, i got your toilet joke. :D you are indeed a very funny, cool man. hahaha. good for you, then. :D i also might start my own little collection of suikoden books, especially independently made doujinishi. ive heard they made a stellar suikoden 5 manga spin-off, though it doesnt have any english translation.
Raou

Post by Raou »

I have Suikoden I-V, but haven't had much an interest in Tactics. I owned Tierkries and was near the end but something emotional was keeping me from beating it. I had trouble with that game from the pick up and play because the MC, to me, sounds like someone with ADHD on a kick from years without meds. Though they took out character specific weapons, which is something I love, the idea of equipping them how you saw fit was fun! Though some were filler characters (which, how many of these games DON'T have 'em?)

I started with Suikoden III and had no clue what I was getting into but once I began the recruitments and getting into the story, I was enthralled. I bought IV when it came out but...found it lacking in some areas but was in a step in the right direction, graphically.

Then I came across new copies of Suikoden I and II, both for less than 50USD. I snatched them up and was hooked even harder, and I also began piecing together how the games connected.

Since then, I've kept up by playing the games multiple times. :P Although, man, this site blew my mind when saw there was much more than what I had found.
Ved

Post by Ved »

I've got 2,4,5 and Tactics. Suikoden 1 is almost impossible to find. And 3 was never released her so I never got it... :(
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

raou ^ yeah, suikoden 3 starts off pretty slow, but somehow becomes a lot more interesting as you play. especially when thomas' chapter opens up. it's just so fun to act as the underdog and recuit people, level up, and beat the crap out of zexen soliders using mel and the circus trio. =)

ved ^ try your local ebay. for some reason, i find their search engines dont work that well. try to get it, its a good game. =)