Favorite game of the main series?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.

What is your favorite game of the main series overall?

You may select 1 option

View results

7deuce

Re: Favorite game of the main series?

Post by 7deuce »

i kinda knew s2 would be winning without having to look at the results..haha

but i still chose s5..because, for me, the overall cast of characters was better
but s2 can be a co-#1
next would be s3, followed by s1

s4 may as well not even exist, for all i care
- bringer of storms -
Palladiamors

Post by Palladiamors »

I forgot I voted here. *Laughs* I had the pleasure of playing the Suikodens in order as they came out. The first time I saw Suikoden was about a half a year after it was released. In a little supermarket near here, they had a couple of games. Really unusual for them. One of them had...interesting box art. So I picked it up, found out it was an RPG, and immediately bought it. Never looked back.

Suikoden II. I wanted to vote for V, but II is just my favorite. I love them all though. Outside of Tierkisis.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

5 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4

I haven't play 1 as i said,but i suppose it's similar with 2....so i would put it in 3rd place
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

If it was which game has the best minigames, I'd choose V lol, second is IV
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

I will always like S3 the best. It restored my passion for video games when I was wondering whether it was time to move on from them or not.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:If it was which game has the best minigames, I'd choose V lol, second is IV

V has the some of the worst minigames,like Dragon horse races (the WORST one,of all the series),and Egbert's minigame which wasn't that difficult...but it was way too boring to get all the pieces,just to get Karmic Effect Epic.

On the other hand,Feitas and Linfa's minigames were quite good.

Although IV,had great minigames like Gunder's chinchirorin (my favorite one...and it was nice to see it on 3D version...and it had some nice music too,in IV),Igor's coin toss or Ritapon.

Basil's game was a little frustrating,on the other hand
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The worst minigame is that Karen dancing
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Nope, that whack mole still harder than Karen...

Karen only need timing on her claps, you need to write the button and a stop watch to make the timing so easy lolll.....
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Circle

Post by Circle »

whack a mole was a pain in the ass ahahhaha, but still so funny :)

i vote for suikoden II of course, best one ever.
DIE PIG!!!!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

veeshadow wrote:Karen only need timing on her claps, you need to write the button and a stop watch to make the timing so easy lolll.....
Once you get to level 3 and higher, you can't do that anymore.
Btw, you can press select to show the buttons to press. No need to write it

Whack-a-mole, just play it on emulator at the slowest speed. I already have all the items from that minigame :)
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

That's my tip on Karen lv 3 and higher, I've done it before. Which is why you need to write button and practise because you'll have a hard time to memorize. Even that's not using save state or emulator manipulating so please don't say whack a mole is easier because you can manipulate it with emulator -__-

If you use emulator manipulation Karen's dance is even easier, just write the button first then save state when Karen says "it's your turn bla bla bla" now either use stop watch to see the time needed for Karen to claps or count how many Riou's head+hand moving before she claps as well (I don't know how it's called, you can see Riou's head and hand is moving right?). You need to press the first button right before her first clap then 1 button = 1 clap... Load state until you got right timing.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Circle

Post by Circle »

My "method" with karen was singing the buttons hahahaha, it was someway useful, it's the only tip i can give, and it's not really a tip anyway :)
DIE PIG!!!!
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

I like 2 the most, but 1 and 5 are very awesome too. 3 and 4 are good too, but not as much as the others.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

If it were about minigames, Suikoden 2 would win, just because of the cooking contest. Plus, seeing Riou doing manly pirouettes and wavings his hands and kicking his feet is just too damn cute.

Suikoden II is my favourite though, followed by V and I. I love I, but the game is so short and the characters in V are more defined.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Piisuke wrote:If it were about minigames, Suikoden 2 would win, just because of the cooking contest. Plus, seeing Riou doing manly pirouettes and wavings his hands and kicking his feet is just too damn cute.

Suikoden II is my favourite though, followed by V and I. I love I, but the game is so short and the characters in V are more defined.

Hmmm cooking contest isn't a minigame at all,because you cannot play it whenever you like. When you defeat Jinkai,then you cannot play this game again,or if you lose to one of these contests. It's more like a subquest,just like Clive's one.

But if we consider it a minigame,then,yes it's the best among the series :)