Favorite game of the main series?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.

What is your favorite game of the main series overall?

You may select 1 option

View results

Palladiamors

Re: Favorite game of the main series?

Post by Palladiamors »

I've played all the ones released in the US since I, and II still comes up as my favorite. In order II, III, V, I, and IV. Tactics places behind that, and I don't consider Tierkisis a Suikoden at all. That being said, I don't think there is a bad game among the original five. They all have pro's and con's that I enjoyed. IV was the weakest among them to me, but that had a lot to do with the combat system being changed a bit.
king luca blight

Post by king luca blight »

I voted for Suikoden 2. It is by far my favorite in the series
Even if you kill me and defeat Highland, you won't have peace!!!! You'll have a defeated country screaming for our vengence!!!"
It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!
RaijinRune

Post by RaijinRune »

i have only played 3,4 and 5 so ima go with 3...it was the first one i ever played and i got it on a whim from my dad on christmas...he usually has bad taste in getting games for me but that time he changed my life...thanks dad :D
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

RaijinRune wrote:i have only played 3,4 and 5 so ima go with 3...it was the first one i ever played and i got it on a whim from my dad on christmas...he usually has bad taste in getting games for me but that time he changed my life...thanks dad :D
Good Lord Raijin, you never played 1 or 2!??!?! they are by far the BEST in the Series....especially 2....please, do yourself a favor and get it...Now.. lol
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Stop being so pushy Mr. True Water XDD Suikoden 2 is expensive
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Well then Ms. Sagiri, maybe you should just go out and get a SECOND copy! haha ;D
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Why would I do that? I just got done saying it was expensive.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Muinesque

Post by Muinesque »

A tough decision,but hey Chris,don't forget the hilarious Confessional,actually getting to recruit Ted,recruiting the cat.The Mini games,the easiest being RitaPon,made tons of potch in that one.Well,I have a special fondness for certain characters storylines in the other games,guess I can't say anything bad about them.But overall found this one to give me the most satisfaction,probably because of Ted's storyline.
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

I voted for III. I found the trinity system fascinating. Though IV was the first one that got me into the series.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

My favorite would probably be SII. It's the first one I played in my childhood and I slowly fell in love with it, and I will probably love it for the rest of my life.
I think I'm gonna reserve myself though and wait until I've played all five of them before I vote.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
AussieBeezle

Post by AussieBeezle »

I was going to vote for #2 but alas i have a bad memory and cant remember everything that happen'd in it, though i do remember the last part of the game, being able to to go solo into the wild and fight you old ally in a dual, right? So anyway i voted 5 since i'm currently playing it "RIGHT NOW" (Head Quarter's b4 the 12th Major Battle @ Sol-Falena) and i'm thinking to myself that overall 5 offers several "rts" battles, several dual's, a much more diverse trading game, access to several decent "true-runes", Funny bathing scenes, a fishing game & a catchy soundtrack. I really want to play Suikoden 3 but over here in Australia it's not as common as america, so maybe ill buy an american ps2 or ps3 with ps2 compatibility and play it.
venetis

Post by venetis »

Suikoden V - Sun Rune War
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

What about it do you like best, venetis?
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

I voted for Suikoden V. This may not be the most popular opinion, but I just remember when I first played the game and all those joyous feelings the game arose within me. It felt, to me, like a true Suikoden, something that at that point had not said since Suikoden III came out. Sure, when I first played Suikoden II I was in awe of how much better it was than the already great Suikoden, but I was older and wiser when Suikoden V came out and henceforth able to appreciate those feelings in a more mature fashion.

These pleasant memories and the fact that plotline is so consistently engaging and intriguing make it my favorite. However, I like all the Suikoden games very much (even the dismal Suikoden IV), and am diplomatic enough to say that choosing one favorite isn't particularly an easy task. The more pretentious side of me views them all as one whole as opposed to individual parts of a story; that's what makes Suikoden so unique and relatable, I think.
TenkaiStar108

Post by TenkaiStar108 »

I personally love 1 the best. It started the whole series, and Tir is my all time favorite character. 2 is a close second though!