[Guide] PS3 - Suikoden Compatibility

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Master Mathiu

[Guide] PS3 - Suikoden Compatibility

Post by Master Mathiu »

Here is a guide for people who would like to know whether or not that the original games discs of the Suikoden games will play on there PS3.

PAL + NTSC Regions (20GB + 60GB Models):

Suikoden I:

The following conditions have been confirmed on PS3 System Software Version 1.54: Upon boot-up, when the KONAMI logo FMV plays, the audio skips during playback. All conditions have been resolved on PS3 System Software Version 1.60.

Suikoden II:

The following conditions have been confirmed on PS3 System Software Version 1.82: Throughout gameplay and FMA's, when the user’s character walks up or down on screen and the camera pans up or down to follow the movement, four transparent horizontal lines appear across the screen. All conditions have been resolved on PS3 System Software Version 1.90.

Suikoden III (Excluding PAL which it will not play):

Upon boot-up, when the PS button is pressed to activate the controller, the controller may not activate in analog mode.

Suikoden IV:

No major problems for this title.

Suikoden Tactics:

The following conditions have been confirmed on PS3 System Software Version 1.80: Upon boot-up, when the Introductory FMV sequence plays in its entirety, and the subsequent loading screen appears, the title may hang. All conditions have been resolved on PS3 System Software Version 1.81

Suikoden V:

NTSC 80GB Model:

Suikoden I:

Same as above

Suikoden II:

Same as above

Suikoden III:

Suikoden IV:

Suikoden Tactics:

Suikoden V:

As a side note, if anyone has a new PS3 which "does not have" the BC emulator built in then still do try it because it was only the PS2 emulating software that was completely removed, PSOne games may still work so if they do please let me know and I will update this list!!

For anyone wanting to check this themselves or check where I found the information so they can check different games. Please click the link below:

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus
supadav1

Re: [Guide] PS3 - Suikoden Compatibility

Post by supadav1 »

I have the 180 Gb model that isn't backwards compatible with PS2 games but it plays Suikoden 1 and 2 perfectly.