Character Designer

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Xelinis

Character Designer

Post by Xelinis »

I've been trying to research who it is but I can't find any English resource listing the character designer of this game. Do any of you guys happen to know? If you have a copy of the game, it'll probably be in the instruction manual.
Xelinis

Re: Character Designer

Post by Xelinis »

...no one?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Well, this wasn't easy, but I found him: Ohtsuki Beruno
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oh wow, she was the designer for Tsumugi? (yes, Ohtsuki Beruno is female). She's basically a freelance illustrator, and I'm quite sure she's done art for Suikoden's card stories.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

This is my first time ever hearing of her, a quick Google search only managed to turn up a handful of FFXI spinoff mangas.

Tracking this down was not simple. I started by browsing Youtube until I found a video of the game's ending credits. As no English user had uploaded this, my lack of fluency in Japanese had me resort to a general query of the game's title in the language and a lot of trial and error. After I finally found the video I was looking for, I fired up a virtual katakana keyboard as well as Google Translate and starting parsing each major staff title I came across by hand. Once I found "Main Character Design", I plugged the staffer's name into a Hiragana to Romanji converter and came up with this. I've also updated the game's Wikipedia article accordingly.

Ugh, I should really try picking up Japanese one of these days.