Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Ellyos

Re: Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

Post by Ellyos »

Rooks wrote:At first, virtually all of us thought that it would be highly unlikely for Mr. Komuta to direct both Frontier Gate and the new Suikoden at the same time.
Maybe nobody else wanted this responsability >.>
Apart from that though, the plot does seem to be quite subtle so far, especially considering the latest news from Japan. So, while many see this as a continuation of Tierkreis, maybe it is a chance for Mr. Komuta to redeem himself.
I'll stay vigilant about that. A good plot is not so hard to write down in some sentences, but it can be badly exploited leading to a catastrophic development. So I'd say, wait and see.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I can't wait for the inevitable comparison between TriAce's Frontier Gate and the new Suikoden Infinity title. Perhaps TriAce's renown for highly involved battle systems is the very reason why info continue to be scarce about Tsumugareshi's gameplay?

If he wanted to produce his own title outside Suikoden so bad, and now he got Frontier Gate, why not pass along Suikoden to someone who have greater interest in what makes the numbered titles so good?

Guess the comment that perhaps no one else wants the responsibility may be true after all.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

New Famitsu leaks are beginning to come in. Frontier Gate has received straight 8s.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Xelinis wrote:New Famitsu leaks are beginning to come in. Frontier Gate has received straight 8s.
Well I don't really know what to think about Famitsu notations. When you see FF XIII with 39/40, then FFXIII-2 with 40/40 because it resolves FFXIII issues. If the first one had those problems, why 39/40.

So that's a lot of connivance with some franchises.

Anyway, some 8 mean probably more objectivity in note, so I'll wait the report.
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

Agreed. With Famitsu's shocking reverence for the Final Fantasy series, it makes them hard to trust.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

As with Games Journalism is general. I mean, this isn't the place to whine about it, but this particular area of Journalism is sophomoric at best. Though I suppose it cannot be helped as video games are still in their infancy as an art form, as well as marketing pressure.

Frontier Gate seems like a solid title, so straight 8s is no surprise.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Tsumugareshi better be at least as solid then, or else a certain someone definitely should consider not hanging onto the Suikoden brand without giving it the proper attention it deserves.

Just saying, you know.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

In term of plot, yeah, it should. But if I'm not wrong, tests are not made after the game is over, so notations about the plot must be taken with caution. And that's a way more true with RPGs.
And technically, it mainly depends on the time/money engaged in the process.
Peekah

Pay a visit on my pages

Post by Peekah »

Hi all suikoden fans. [website reference deleted]
hopefully the old team of Suikoden will be back!! :D

Honestly I don't like the new Suikoden on PSP!!

I'm so so sad......... :(
Circle

Post by Circle »

i think that the best way to make that idiot understand something should be not to buy his titles...
no money no more stupid tierkreis... i am doing it, and those of you that are buying it are just prolonging the pain...
DIE PIG!!!!