Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
tiki
Banned User

Re: Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

Post by tiki »

I'm not sure twittering would even work, Konami doesn't seem the sort to check twitter trends
Last edited by tiki on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Vextor wrote:A few people (including me) have already posted some messages via twitter to @genso573 and the #genso hash mark discussion group in twitter. Hopefully more will follow to make sure voices are heard by people who are involved. The @genso573 includes other Konami employees among the followers, so it seems like a fairly good venue if the volume can get big enough.

Perhaps it will help if I write some Japanese phrase to identify the cause, such as "We want a sequel to 1~5!"

幻想水滸伝1~5の正当な続編を!

It's also fairly powerful to mention your nationality.
sounds good. I'll have to open a Twitter account though, I never had one before, I suppose I am just not twitty enough.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

a story that is not good vs evil
And yet the game turned out to be exactly that. Good job.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

People seem so willing to string up this director and let Konami off the hook...but lets not forget that Konami has ultimate responsibility as they own the IP. Just because they listened to the director doesn't absolve them of responsiblity, and it doesn't mean that with a new director they won't do the same thing.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Vextor wrote:A few people (including me) have already posted some messages via twitter to @genso573 and the #genso hash mark discussion group in twitter. Hopefully more will follow to make sure voices are heard by people who are involved. The @genso573 includes other Konami employees among the followers, so it seems like a fairly good venue if the volume can get big enough.

Perhaps it will help if I write some Japanese phrase to identify the cause, such as "We want a sequel to 1~5!"

幻想水滸伝1~5の正当な続編を!

It's also fairly powerful to mention your nationality.
Threw them a tweet. Hopefully if enough of us do it, they'll get the hint.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Calvin wrote:People seem so willing to string up this director and let Konami off the hook...but lets not forget that Konami has ultimate responsibility as they own the IP. Just because they listened to the director doesn't absolve them of responsiblity, and it doesn't mean that with a new director they won't do the same thing.
I'm not letting Konami off the hook, I'm just not putting the lion's share of the blame on them as I used to

it used to be that I thought Konami thought that the series had too detailed of a world, that they thought no one could get into it anymore and Tierkreis was their way of courting in a new generation of gamers -- essentially taking two steps backwards to take one step forward

their intention the whole time had been to continue the storyline and world, but Komuta somehow managed to convince them to let him do his little world, that the old world was too limiting

I am not sure many directors are out there that would do the same thing he did in the same situation, I think Konami just screwed up and picked the biggest twit out there instead of bothering to look for someone who gave the slightest damn about their franchise

so Komuta can go screw himself, but Konami I'm only slightly pissed at

it remains to be seen with the release of this new game if they deserve exactly as much scorn as Komuta for either keeping the little franchise-destroying parasite around or employing an identical new one with the same whiny "But it's too haaard to make a story in the world of Suikoden ;_;" crybaby fest

is he directing this new game?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

"continuity was what made Suikoden distinctive from the rest".
"general consensus that everyone wants to see the story continue"
"after much thought he came to the conlcusion that change was necessary"
Continuity is Sukioden strongest point, everyone wants continuity, so...let's change that...yep, it makes perfect sense ¬¬
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Although Komuta introduced the game at the TGS, there's no info as to whether he is directing the new game as well. The only reason he introduced it may be because this was intended as a surprise, and came at the end of his presentation of Frontier Gate, which he is directing.

Another thing I recall is in the interview he had where he said "the Suikoden team has been disbanded," is how he said he initially approached Tri Ace for a completely different RPG, but after speaking with Tri Ace he changed his mind and decided it would be better to work on something new. Perhaps the original proposal he had in mind was Tierkreis 2 or something.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

tiki wrote:
chillax
Of all people, you are telling others to chillax? You're ranting and raving about this new title makes you look like you got rabies, or something, lol. Seriously, if there's anybody that needs to "chillax", it is you and Jigglebiscuit.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Piisuke wrote:Of all people, you are telling others to chillax? You're ranting and raving about this new title makes you look like you got rabies, or something, lol. Seriously, if there's anybody that needs to "chillax", it is you and Jigglebiscuit.
I'm ranting and raving about Komuta, who rightfully deserves to be ridiculed for the moronic statements he made and followed through on

you're just getting mad at people on the internet

stop getting mad at the internet and chillax bro
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

It might be worth reading posts before making comments. Sure, you've been ranting and raving about Komuta in this topic, but in the other one you were about Tierkreis and the new game which you know little about. All your posts thusfar have been rants, complaints and insults, which is why I said, of all people, you need to "chillax".

You're right though, I'm "mad at the Internet"...Sadly, I think you were serious with that comment too, lol.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

you still sound pretty mad at the internet
darthkuzo

Post by darthkuzo »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:I have been speaking to Mr. Komuta for the last 10 months and have said so more than once already. I have also stressed to him the resistance from fans to steer away from the main storyline.
Sorry... i didn't read the rest

OOKKKKKK
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

tiki, I don't think you have the right to tell anyone to 'chilax' in Suikosource. You and JiggleBiscuits have done nothing but create an unpleasant atmosphere that has caused other users to not contribute out of fear. Its also caused fans looking to sign up to Suikosource to think twice. Again, out of fear, and all the hostility. Calling doaster a troll is also one of the most hypocritical things I've heard. The two of you have done nothing but troll since you the annoncement of the new Suikoden. Your posts have trebled in less than a week and not only has it all been negative posts, its been detrimental to other users also.

So, are we going to make some sort of stand against Komuta? Make our feelings known? Or is this simply going to be something else that we can't agree on?
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

I've never called anyone a troll and I've already said in a previous topic I don't necessarily consider JiggleBiscuits to be on my side since there's something weird about him

my beef is with Komuta, the designers of Tierkreis and anyone who happened to claim that Tierkreis is a part of the Suikoden story

but I don't suppose I have to have beef with them anymore, since Komuta has openly admitted that his little world has nothing to do with Suikoden

god bless him for putting the asterix next to Tierkreis's name in the Suikoden sports book to once and for all confirm that he created his own world from nothing and that he is the reason we don't have an actual Suikoden game
So, are we going to make some sort of stand against Komuta? Make our feelings known? Or is this simply going to be something else that we can't agree on?
how do you suggest to make a stand against him?

going to every Japanese and English Suikoden fansite and spreading his words around, making it known that he actively worked against the continuation of the story against Konami's advice and request?

making him loathed worldwide by the Suikoden community and emailing Konami to tell him if he has anything to do with a future 'Suikoden' release we won't buy it does sound pretty enticing, we might just get a proper director in for the new game

he deserves to eat his words