Initial fan discussion (Canon or not canon?)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Initial fan discussion (Canon or not canon?)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oh yay, more crap in the vein of Tierkreis. Just what I wanted... oh, no, wait...
dragonmasterx wrote: The line "another story in the many/infinite/parallel/100 worlds of Suikoden" in 0:23 of the trailer...means they're making what they did with Tierkreis canon.
Yeah, they already did that with the new encyclopedia that relegated the entire main series to a sideline in the "infinity".
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Luke

Re: NEW GAME ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!!

Post by Luke »

D'oh! another stupid spinoff.
Besides is on psp, so I guess we'll never see it in USA or Europe.
Damn
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Simplicity wrote: Tierkreis was nothing less of the main series. The game was mature, refined and well done.
There must be two Tierkreis' out there cause that was nothing like the one I had to endure.
Antimatzist wrote:But PSP??? Well, I would have preferred DS, but at least I now have a reason for buying a PSP.
I'd hold off on that. PSP is all but dead outside Japan so the chances of it coming west aren't the best atm.
Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Alestes

Post by Alestes »

Not really pleased with this announcement. Tierkreis had some good parts, but the story sure wasn't one of those and this game continue with the whole Infinity mess. Urk.

But I don't think many of us will be able to play it, it's for the PSP after all. The PSP is dead in the west, so I doubt they will bother with an english translation.

I would have been so much more pleased if it had turned out to be a Suikoden VI for the PS3 or the Wii U.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

A GAME SET IN AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF WORLDS

because when there are an endless number worlds your actions totally matter and you give a shoot about the world and characters

right guys

guys?

someone call me when there's a suikoden game that has a true rune and references to previously established suikoden landmarks again, tia
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, if you take a close look behind the character that appears to be kneeling over a prone person early on in the trailer, behind him there are glowing orbs that look like Rune Crystals. So, since we know next to nothing about this plot, characters, or setting, lets hold off on criticizing Konami just yet.
meanestrage

Post by meanestrage »

Yo regardless of whether its part of the original series or not, we should all buy it anyways so that way they can continue the series.
tiki
Banned User

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by tiki »

you people are why the Suikoden series is trash now

you are willing to buy anything with the Suikoden label on it, you are showing Konami that you don't care what crap they shovel out is, just so long as they put the name 'Suikoden' on it

have some self-respect and don't fall for another Tierkreis
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

it's another Suikoden set outside of the main world, exactly like Tierkreis

that is why I hated Tierkreis, I don't care what amazing ideas the staff have for a Suikoden outside of the main world, I want plot resolution

this is not a Suikoden game and you should all be ashamed for salivating so much over the mere namedropping of 'Suikoden'
So you'd rather they just abandon the series altogether?
if the alternative is helping to fund development of more Tierkreis style games, yes

I would rather the series be put to rest than further dirty the name of the series

let it rot, until Konami feels like finally giving us another chapter in the actual world of Suikoden
Djungelurban

Post by Djungelurban »

Raww le Kunt wrote:So you'd rather they just abandon the series altogether? Yeah, Suikoden VI would be better, but another spinoff means that the series is at least alive. Don't be so Raww.
Yes, no Suikoden is better than fake Suikoden. If you're not gonna do it right I'd rather see the series rest in peace instead of being abused and mistreated. I have absolutely no loyalty to the brand name, the only thing I care about is the world and if I can't have that I rather just replay the older games one more time than even touch this "thing"...
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Raww le Kunt wrote:Nobody knows anything about the game, so why all the negativity? There is no "fake Suikoden". Every series has spinoffs. Some good, some bad. Why not wait and see what it's like?
dragonmasterx wrote:Trailer: http://andriasang.com/comy88/

The line "another story in the many/infinite/parallel/100 worlds of Suikoden" in 0:23 of the trailer...means they're making what they did with Tierkreis canon.
many/infinite/paralell worlds = the infinity

the infinity = Tierkreis

Tierkreis != Suikoden

there is such a thing as a fake Suikoden, Tierkreis is it, if you actually cared about the series as a narrative or a story as opposed to just another generic JRPG you would understand that
If you have no faith in Konami, why are you even here?
because I enjoy the main Suikoden world and the story of the 27 True Runes and this place has forums devoted to them still, I can have nothing but contempt for Konami while still enjoying Suikoden 2
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

if the Infinity series sell well, they will most likely completely abandon the main series because they now have motive to continue developing more infinity titles, and having main-world Suikodens coming out at the same time as Infinity Suikodens would make them think they might confuse their players

the best we can hope for is the quick and painful failure of any 'spinoff' before they're given even more incentive to ignore the fact that there ever was a main Suikoden series
Wouldn't you prefer to try the game before just dismissing it like that?
I heard how terrible Tierkreis was

I tried Tierkreis, trying to be positive

It was insufferable the entire way through, but I toughed it out until the end and I regret every second of hoping it would get better

I will not be burned again and Konami will not be receiving another dime of my money until I see what I've been here for all along, Suikoden 6

If you want a generic JRPG to playthrough that has zero attachments to Suikoden, there's a wide open market out there for you to sift through
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I'm really excited about this, then again I'm always excited about a Suikoden, same world or not.

I think it will be completely different from both worlds, I myself think that this suikoden will not have the same battle system or magic system. I don't think it's another tierkreis as it would have tierkreis II as the title, which it doesn't. It looks to me like it's another world with another totally different concept with similar suikoden qualities. But it's anyone's guess really.
Actually at first I did think it was flik in the trailer, I thought maybe it was going to take place in the succession war before Suikoden I and I think V.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

hotspot wrote:I'm really excited about this, then again I'm always excited about a Suikoden, same world or not.
if all you need is the name 'Suikoden' on your RPG to be happy without the qualities that people actually like Suikoden for, I'll be glad to assist you

just mail me a bunch of blank stickers, a marker and all the old RPGs from your local game store's bin

in no time at all you will be enjoying these marvelous titles:

Suikoden Fantasy, Golden Suikoden, Breath of Suikoden, Suikoden of Mana, Suikoden Profile, Suikoden Ogre, Chrono Suikoden, Suikodenbound, Super Suikoden RPG: Legend of the Seven Suikodens, Phantasy Suikoden and many more