Initial fan discussion (Canon or not canon?)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Rooks

Re: Initial fan discussion (Canon or not canon?)

Post by Rooks »

Well, actually, I this the explanation for the issue of Tomo is quite simple. They wanted a gameplay mechanic there the player chose between Katsumi and Valeria. But they forgot that this leaves us with one empty star of destiny. They grabbed the nearest character they could think of -Tomo- and made her the remaining star. I don't think we should imply much from what was clearly a practical issue during the game's development. As far as Viki, we know next to nothing, other than that she has a home on another plane, and she skips round through space-time. Young Viki? well, for all we know Viki ages backwards and the "young Viki" is actually older and more mature.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Nikisaur wrote:. Not because I'm blindly following the name of Suikoden, but because every title I've bought so far I feel has been worth it. If I don't like it, I WILL make my opinions heard. But only after I have a decent argument, with actual evidence to go on.
I agree with this. Like all of you I too wanted a Suikoden VI of course, but to this day I liked all of them (I found Tierkreis a very good game too. Not a Suikoden but a game with beautiful visuals, good plot and a very good ost).

And the nice thing of psp is that
Nikisaur wrote:If it is released in my country, I'll buy it
become "if it is released in english at least". Not another Suikoden 3 with ps2 region locked :D
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Oh there are several ways around PS2 region locking. I happily play my copy of Suikoden 3, no worries. But yeah, I hadn't thought of that! If it's in English, I'll get it. SOMEHOW :shock:
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

If Konami are serious about the future of the series it's likely we will get it one way or another. I'd think at this point they would consider it an investment if the reaction is positive from Japan. Also bare in mind that the appeal of Suikoden has always been the lore and shared story of the games. So I'd imagine they'd be eager to ensure english speaking fans are kept up to speed and don't drop the series entirely!

That doesn't explain Suikogaiden of course, but I guess a full game carries more clout than a visual novel (especially outside Japan).
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Nikisaur wrote:Oh there are several ways around PS2 region locking. I happily play my copy of Suikoden 3, no worries. But yeah, I hadn't thought of that! If it's in English, I'll get it. SOMEHOW :shock:
Well PSP isn't region locked and neither is the Vita, so you'll be able to import it at least.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

All it needs is an english release somewhere in the world and i will be importing it.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Nikisaur wrote:Oh there are several ways around PS2 region locking. I happily play my copy of Suikoden 3, no worries. But yeah, I hadn't thought of that! If it's in English, I'll get it. SOMEHOW :shock:
Well PSP isn't region locked and neither is the Vita, so you'll be able to import it at least.
That's what I meant ^.^' by 'that' I mean the fact that PSPs aren't region locked.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I wish all systems were region free. I'm sure there's some good reason for region-locking, but it's a pain in the ass buying two complete systems.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Rachael wrote:I wish all systems were region free. I'm sure there's some good reason for region-locking, but it's a pain in the ass buying two complete systems.
Well, technically, they do not want people to import systems or games from Gambia -where they are sold at a discount because of the local economy- to the US or Japan, where people pay full price. But, this has been largely disproven, because of import fees, restrictions, shipping cost, etc. They still only hold onto these older regional systems when they are forced to make games on major media formats, ie the DVD or the Blu-Ray. This explains why the PSP (UMD-based) and the VITA (some kind of SD card-like system) are not region-restricted.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

And the 3DS is regionlocked because Nintendo sucks ;)
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Rooks wrote:
Rachael wrote:I wish all systems were region free. I'm sure there's some good reason for region-locking, but it's a pain in the ass buying two complete systems.
Well, technically, they do not want people to import systems or games from Gambia -where they are sold at a discount because of the local economy- to the US or Japan, where people pay full price. But, this has been largely disproven, because of import fees, restrictions, shipping cost, etc. They still only hold onto these older regional systems when they are forced to make games on major media formats, ie the DVD or the Blu-Ray. This explains why the PSP (UMD-based) and the VITA (some kind of SD card-like system) are not region-restricted.
And the same applies to PS3 games, they aren't region locked either.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Rooks wrote:
Companies have no business telling us what we can or can't do with our money.

There's no excuse for region locking.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Rooks wrote:Well, technically, they do not want people to import systems or games from Gambia -where they are sold at a discount because of the local economy- to the US or Japan, where people pay full price. But, this has been largely disproven, because of import fees, restrictions, shipping cost, etc. They still only hold onto these older regional systems when they are forced to make games on major media formats, ie the DVD or the Blu-Ray. This explains why the PSP (UMD-based) and the VITA (some kind of SD card-like system) are not region-restricted.
Well, I was thinking mostly of the 3DS. Nintendo is so stingy.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Region locking is as much as a bane as copyright is. Region locking makes no sense, which even counts to "this video is not available in your country" on Youtube. Copyright isn't used for what it is supposed to do.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

if its released in english i will defiantly buy it! i never played the DS one as i dont (agree) have one..
With the whole new story thing.. it does suck not to see the end of the one we all know an love but if they are planning to make a new fresh story am up for that as long as its good.. an so far we got nothin tellin us its gona be crap so we should all be excited! .. i think..
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!