[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Pyriel »

She was probably un-recruited even if she was in the party. The game isn't that sophisticated that it cleans up the party or adds recruit bits if it detects the person in the party. In general, either not recruited and in the party is an impossible state, and looking for it would be a waste of time, or the character fights with you temporarily before actually enlisting, and they shouldn't show as recruited anyway.

It's always possible that putting the game in an impossible state will have strange consequences, though. Like the one you already saw with the tablet blanking out. So kicking her from the party is definitely a wise precaution.
Aeonova

Post by Aeonova »

I don't have my old PS1 and Gameshark Pro so I'm not able to make my own codes anymore. Any time I try to search for this, my google-fu fails (or it doesn't exist) and normally nets me Window Set item codes. I was hoping for a Window Modifier Code that I could use from the start of the game (not needing to go recruit Tenkou) to get something other than the initial gold-border window. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I could probably figure out the digits once I had the address, but if the code made this window with a black background, that would be great. I don't know how the values are handled (if the window type and the color are independent addresses).

knight85

Post by knight85 »

Morning Ladies and Gents

At the moment i'm working on some plans for a future playthru of suikoden 2

and i had this warped idea enter my mind to cheat to get some characters in my party that normally arent available until way at the end of the game

namely Genshu, Mazus and Pesmerga.

now genshu i can handle his issue of a high level weapon easily since i've figured out the digits for lowering a weapon level

the problem for mazus and pesmerga is that mazus's body armor slot and all of pesmerga's armor slots are locked.

so does anybody on here know of any codes or ways to unlock an armor or rune slot on a character?
Swordmaster

Post by Swordmaster »

I just recently found out there was a bugfix patch for Suikoden II, so I'm using this news as an excuse to revisit one of the best games ever made. Looking through the various guides online I was unable to find one for Rare Finds. But a few pages back, in this thread, there is a Rare Finds list by Metsu-sama.

The reason for this post is that something is odd about Rockaxe. I can only get two of the four items to appear in the Armory. And the Item Shop is listed as no Rare Finds, but there are two of them. Silverlet and Thunder Runner Scroll. Screen shots are below. Anybody know what's going on here?

Image Image
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

https://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/armor.php

Some of the items only get available after Rockaxe has been liberated, that is past a certain point in the story (very late).

Silverlet is a rare find in the item shop (see armor guide above), and where did you get the list from that Rockaxe Item shop shouldn't have any rare finds at all?
Swordmaster

Post by Swordmaster »

It's on page 8 of this thread, 9th post down. That Armor guide does have Rare Finds listed, but in a sort of roundabout way. Still, I see that it's the best guide for it. I feel dumb for not looking there first. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me. lol
Dify

Post by Dify »

Is there's a code where att became 999, because kindness rune isnt permanent so i want to have permanent 999 att stats
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

knight85 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:23 am Morning Ladies and Gents

At the moment i'm working on some plans for a future playthru of suikoden 2

and i had this warped idea enter my mind to cheat to get some characters in my party that normally arent available until way at the end of the game

namely Genshu, Mazus and Pesmerga.

now genshu i can handle his issue of a high level weapon easily since i've figured out the digits for lowering a weapon level

the problem for mazus and pesmerga is that mazus's body armor slot and all of pesmerga's armor slots are locked.

so does anybody on here know of any codes or ways to unlock an armor or rune slot on a character?
hmmm this thread is kind of a mess with everyone asking individual questions. Anyway, responding to this 2011 post, my first message here is a link to the code database hosted at codetwinks as well as our Item Digits Guide that acts as an addendum. Modifying a specific character's rune and armor slots can be found on codetwink.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Dify wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 am Is there's a code where att became 999, because kindness rune isnt permanent so i want to have permanent 999 att stats
Without Gameshark codes, you can just KO the character several times to bring the Kindness value negative a bunch of numbers... it's easy to go into random battles with Fire Lizard and let that character suicide several battles in a row to stock up on the number of hours the negative Kindness will last.

But with GS you'd still have to attach the Kindness Rune to the character and figure out the Kindness Value of that character to modify--we don't have that code but perhaps someone like Pyriel can research it one day ;)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I know kicking Riou of the party is likely going to crash the game, but is there a way to put Riou in the convoy? It would be interesting to be able to move him there sometimes. It would likely experience less issues. We could play McDohl or Jowy as the main character again or just have a free 6-character party!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Metsu wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:35 am Nevermind, found someone had the start of the code for Flik's investigations so I was able to figure it out

50006C01 0000
3006A93B 0004

This should set all 108 characters to 4 investigations finished. I haven't tested it but maybe I'll get to tonight because I'm actually coming home today.
Tested this with DreamyWarrior00 on twitch - the game was not loading when he tried it. I'm guessing because some characters have 3 while others have 4 investigations, right?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

KFCrispy wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 am
Dify wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 am Is there's a code where att became 999, because kindness rune isnt permanent so i want to have permanent 999 att stats
Without Gameshark codes, you can just KO the character several times to bring the Kindness value negative a bunch of numbers... it's easy to go into random battles with Fire Lizard and let that character suicide several battles in a row to stock up on the number of hours the negative Kindness will last.

But with GS you'd still have to attach the Kindness Rune to the character and figure out the Kindness Value of that character to modify--we don't have that code but perhaps someone like Pyriel can research it one day ;)
Nah, you just have to short-circuit the calculations and return 999 ATK. It's not hard to do. I'll look at it during lunch maybe.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Im sorry but idk about this calculation thing,i have no idea how to make your own code,so i really appreciate if you do try to make that code 😆
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

999 ATK All Characters
80088982 1000

If you want to customize the value, tack on 80088984 ???? and supply your own value (in hex). 01F4 will give you 500, which is pretty good, and might make some of the unites and things where allies take damage based on ATK more survivable. If you just want everybody to hit like a tank on auto, the one line is good enough.

Oh, this takes over the upper bounds check, so you can theoretically use the second line to set insane values. I didn't test that, though. The limit could be enforced elsewhere, or the game could glitch or crash if you go overboard.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Thanks a lot dude you really save me there,
But can you just make it to character only in party or specific characters who have 999 att stats,or you can tell me how to do it myself like what apps do i need,or how to use that calculate things