Suikoden Tactics Card Game (PIXEL ARTIST WANTED)

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Skeith27

Re: Suikoden Tactics Card Game (PIXEL ARTIST WANTED)

Post by Skeith27 »

Just spoke with my pixel artist friend, and it looks like our first group of non-Suikoden II character will be the Zexen Knights from Suikoden III!

Completed Card Count: 52

Still... so many characters to go...
Last edited by Skeith27 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Oppenheimer wrote:Not too go off topic but thus just make me want a hearthstone style suikoden CCG now
Haha. I agree with you sentiment - in that I just want to play a great competitive Suikoden card game - but I definitely DON'T want anything like a CCG. I've sworn off that genre of gaming as it just makes me feel dissatisfied on many levels.

That's why I've been trying to convert Suikoden into several of these non-collectible card games. But this particular one (based on Pixel Tactics) has a lot of great play formats that capture the same depth and interesting decisions people like us love about those games. There are amazing deck construction options, but what I'm planning to do with this is start a draft league here in NYC.

We'll have one night where I just introduce the game and play a few rounds to show people the ropes. Next meet, we'll basically do a booster draft: For those unfamiliar, this is when everyone gets several "packs" of 8 cards dealt to them. Each round of the draft you open (look at) a pack, take one card for your deck supply, and pass the rest to the player on your left. repeat until all cards are taken.

There are a few more cool things this game can do in such a format, but I'm still planning out everything I can handle running in such a league.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Quick question:

Which name sounds better for Siegfried's unit title?

A) Maiden Marvels
or
B) White Lady Legion
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

White Lady (or White Priestess?) Legion

Maiden Marvels sounds like something to do with X-Men.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Hah, point taken. Thanks for the fast feedback.

I'm going to have a bunch of questions like this soon, as I'm doing a kind of quality check on all the cards now, having just hit the 50 character mark.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Not that anybody particularly cares, but I just like updating this thread every so often to chronicle my progress every so often.

So, I still don't have a pixel artist, but someone did give me a Nash sprite that I was able to use to make this card. It's nice to see that the potential is there to go into all the Suikoden games if I ever do find someone who can do more of these.

Currently up to about 85 cards and have played a handful of games with them as they offer plenty of deck customization options as is.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

Whoever made Nash's sprite did a superb job on him; my guess is that they used Seed's sprite as the template because the hairstyle is awfully similar.
A raw tomato for the win!
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Can I help?
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Can I help?
Yes! You certainly could - especially if you have any pixel art experience. (I'm glad I still check back here randomly, hehe)

I