Suikoden Legacy Card Game

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Skeith27

Re: Suikoden Legacy Card Game

Post by Skeith27 »

After my failure at making a high-quality, cardstock printed version of this game, I've resorted to testing out a few sites that print cards for you. At the moment I'm setting up to print with PrintersStudio.com. Here's my preview image, and I may order these within the week.

Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

The order has been made! Let's see how well these come out from a professional printer. Only cost me about $16 plus shipping for all 5 sets I've made so far (80 cards total).
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Just to show a small trick I had to use, the original card back was based on a rather pixilated old image (probably created 20 years ago). It looked pretty bad printed out, but with just a few applied filters on GIMP, I was able to make the back look more like a painting than a grainy image:

BEFORE
AFTER
Gremioheart

Post by Gremioheart »

Hey there I made a card back for my copies of these. It contains the Soul Eater Logo and the Suikoden Logo 4 ways up on a black background. If you want I can email it to you? Also, Drive-Thru Cards is another good place to get these kinds of things done. Very good site and great help if you need it from them.
Gremioheart

Post by Gremioheart »

Here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Ah, pretty cool work on that one! It makes a good option for any kind of homemade Suikoden card game.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

I just started working on another set this week. Here's a quick teaser to give you an idea of the focus:

Bonus points for anyone who can guess who's on the 1 card.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

My printed cards came in the mail today. And wow, they look sweet!
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

Wow they look awesome! Your artwork too? I've never seen the Clive artwork before that's why I'm asking. My guess would have to be Elza?
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

Indeed, Elza would be correct! And thank you for the compliment, hehe.

These art is all from the long lost Suikoden Card Stories CCG. I have a fairly robust collection of them and have been scanning those cards to re-appropriate the images in this game. Though sadly, I do fear I will soon run out of the cartoonish images that I like using for the action cards in these sets. I might have to start harvesting art from another source.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

Maybe you could scan images from the official artbooks in the series? The price range is $20-40 on Ebay.
A raw tomato for the win!
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

I do have a couple of art books. Two of them are from Suikogaiden, so I can look through that for any possibly relevant action scenes. I also have a Japanese Suikoden strategy guide that might have some randomly usable art in it. I MAY have one other art book, but I think it's art from the card game anyway, so that might just be retreading the same material.

Tonight I'll probably riffle through my books and see what turns up. Then yeah, e-baying additional material might be the next option.

I'm also looking through The Spriter's Resource (http://www.spriters-resource.com/playst ... kogaiden1/). It has all the in-game art from Suikogaiden, which should prove useful. The only annoying part there is how often Nash is in these shots. I got nothing against the guy, but I don't want the same character appearing too often on the cards, haha.
Skeith27

Post by Skeith27 »

I just recently started experimenting with tuckboxes. These are little card boxes you can print on basic cardstock, cut out, fold up, and glue together to make a pretty cool custom case for your cards.

This here is my first attempt at designing such a tuckbox. I'll probably go the extra step of getting this sheet laminated to make it more durable before I cut it up and make it into the box: