Suikoden

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
rydwha

Suikoden

Post by rydwha »

Suikoden (Japanese: 幻想水滸伝, Hepburn: Gensō Suikoden) is a role-playing video game series originally created by Yoshitaka Murayama. The game series is loosely based on the classical Chinese novel Water Margin, whose title is rendered as Suikoden (水滸伝) in Japanese. Each individual game in the series centers on relative themes of politics, corruption, revolution, mystical crystals known as True Runes and the "108 Stars of Destiny"—the 108 protagonists who are loosely interpreted from the source material.
Last edited by rydwha on Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden VI - First Chapter

Post by Pyriel »

At first glance this looks like just another ripped assets game. I can't say more than that, because the file "contains invalid data". It may just be due to a corrupt download, but RPGMaker.net won't allow you to download the file more than once every 15 minutes, and every time I've retried the download the site dies before I can complete it, and then it resets the clock.
bernard02

Re: Suikoden VI

Post by bernard02 »

Pyriel wrote:At first glance this looks like just another ripped assets game. I can't say more than that, because the file "contains invalid data". It may just be due to a corrupt download, but RPGMaker.net won't allow you to download the file more than once every 15 minutes, and every time I've retried the download the site dies before I can complete it, and then it resets the clock.
Speaking about corrupt download, is there any option just to correct the problem? That the file may be recover at the end.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

None that I know of. It's one of those stupid RPG Maker, self-inflating EXE files. I don't know if those things have any capacity for error correction, or even what compression they use. If it's something fairly common, it might be possible to strip out the actual data and create a plain archive that the relevant application could try to repair, but figuring that out seems like more trouble than it's worth.
tlbearer23

Post by tlbearer23 »

Game works fine for me.