Suikoden 2.5

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Suikoden2.5

Suikoden 2.5

Post by Suikoden2.5 »

https://www.facebook.com/Suikoden2.5

Two months after the Dunan Unification War, the shadows of the past resurface. Riou, Jowy, and Nanami seek a peaceful life far away from the sin of the past, but Jowy becomes increasingly haunted by the unconscious memories of the people he's slain. Meanwhile, Yuber seeks to dissuade a new pupil, and plants the seeds for a war that will end all wars to come. The Higheast rebellion is on it's way. Experience the world of Suikoden once more.

A careful focus on staying as close to the official canon for this period of the timeline, a new world map of unexplored Falena, a rune system with attachable runes, a custom blacksmith system, and for the first time, we'll go into the heart of Falena.

Suikoden 2.5 has a talented team already, and we're releasing a quality character driven game that delves deeper into the personalities than ever seen before. We are recruiting talented people, but they must show quality work beforehand. Let's return to the world of Suikoden once more, and show them that Suikoden doesn't die until we let it.

LIKE us on Facebook to beta-test and find interesting Suikoden content!
Last edited by Suikoden2.5 on Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm creating a high quality Suikoden 2 sequel with over 10,000 fans already. Join the Stars of Destiny and rewrite fate. Suikoden doesn't die until we let it. LIKE to follow release dates.

A brand new Suikoden game!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden 2.5

Post by Pyriel »

Clearly, a good re-branding was all you needed. Are you using the royal "we" here, or what?
Suikoden2.5

Post by Suikoden2.5 »

I have a new staff, new tools, and I'm not doing everything by myself now. I have experienced people, and we're creating a full game that will be finished with a dedicated script.

I'm creating a high quality Suikoden 2 sequel with over 10,000 fans already. Join the Stars of Destiny and rewrite fate. Suikoden doesn't die until we let it. LIKE to follow release dates.

Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

First line of first screenshot is unnatural speech and serves only as pointless exposition. Unexplored Falena? Yeah good job on following canon there, it's not like Suikoden V happened or anything. And bold words from Agares, a man officially branded as an incompetent coward by Konami.

It's rather clear that your lofty goals still outreach your actual knowledge of the series, though plus points on not advertising it as the best game ever made for once.

And you already have a topic, use that instead.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

As I (and many others) already told you on Facebook, your game has serious flaws. That you deleted negative criticism (or criticism that you didn't like) and blocked people from commenting only shows.. well, it's clear what it shows?

So here I go again. Instead of posting a flawed demo every week, work on the game for several months with some playtesters in your team. You don't need a public demo that you take down after some hours, that's only confusing people.

Your game is full with endless dialogues, that are more monologues that want to sound very deep and philosophical, but are totally out of character. It sounds very unnatural to me. The intro of the game is too long and full of Suikoden II footage - who needs that?

Your gameplay is standard RPG Maker. The battles in your last demo felt totally unbalanced, the magic system is absolutely non-Suikoden and it feels like you haven't thought about that yet. Why have odd numbers for MP if your spells always need an amount of MP that's a multiple of 10? As I already commented on Fb, the weapon crafting system might be cool if implemented correctly. Your levle up system destroys balance, so please use a standard one. Or don't use any at all and think of another way to raise your stats. This might help in balancing your game.

The level design is boring and lacks ideas.

I know you labeled it as a demo, but I think it's supposed to be the first chapter already? It just doesn't work, this game has the same mistakes you did on the Suikoroku games and I still say the same: If you want to create a thoughtful story, but don't know how to make a good game, write fanfiction.
Suikoden2.5

Post by Suikoden2.5 »

http://www.4shared.com/file/6C7_JSwcce/ ... final.html

Just try it and judge for the present. I have been changing. Don't cling to the past. Judge by what's happening now.

The level design has changed drastically and I have play-testers now.

I changed the monologues, and inserted more gameplay. The videos are fewer, and only when absolutely necessary to tell the story.

This is the best Suikoden fangame ever made right here. Play it with a clean slate.

Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Suikoden2.5 wrote:This is the best Suikoden fangame ever made right here.
Ah, and there we're back to old form.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Suikoden2.5

Post by Suikoden2.5 »

Play it, and tell me that I'm wrong now.

Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Still the same terrible rubbish: Bombastic, overwrought dialogue, an introductory sequence that tries to throw the whole world at you in one great heave, half-assed animations, a laundry list of stolen assets, bizarre uses of characters, wild misunderstandings of the world's history, circumstances, and geography, and worst of all, it's just plain boring. It's also ugly. Tiny sprites wandering cluttered and clashing backgrounds. This isn't the best of anything.

In the interests of being somewhat constructive, I gained about ten levels before Jeanne showed up to mention the "boost stats" thing, and for my trouble I had one point available to spend. I assume that's a bug. I got to the point where Luca catches up to you and Jowy says he needs to run...I did that, and Luca immediately attacks again, and before I could flee, he hits like ten times for 4,000 damage and then game over. The "game" is long sequences followed by moments where you have control, and I didn't stop to save in all of them. I won't be sitting through it again to see how you get past that point.

Edit: Oh my god. You're still using stolen Let's Play videos of Suikoden II for your "FMV" content. I kept hearing strange sounds like muffled voices, and then I turned up the volume and it's the player reading the dialog aloud.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Thanks, Pyriel, I didn't have time to play it yet and you confirmed that I will never play a "demo" of this again. It's just a waste of time, the author is resistant to every kind of criticism and throwing out demo-versions that not even deserve alpha status. It doesn't even remotely feel like a Suikoden game, you're not trying to simulate/emulate even one game mechanic.

That said, this is really probably the best Suikoden fangame ever, because I never played any before and know of none that is complete.
Suikoden2.5

Post by Suikoden2.5 »

LIKE the page to play a new Suikoden! The NEW chapter just came out today! We've made major upgrades and added new animated battlers as well!

Two months after the Dunan Unification War, the shadows of the past resurface. Riou, Jowy, and Nanami seek a peaceful life far away from the sin of the past, but Jowy becomes increasingly haunted by the unconscious memories of the people he’s slain. Meanwhile, Yuber seeks to dissuade a new pupil, and plants the seeds for a war that will end all wars to come. The Higheast rebellion is on it’s way. Experience the world of Suikoden once more.

A careful focus on staying as close to the official canon for this period of the timeline, a new world map of unexplored Falena, a rune system with attachable runes, a custom blacksmith system, and for the first time, we’ll go into the heart of Harmonia.

Suikoden 2.5 has a talented team already, and we’re releasing a quality character driven game that delves deeper into the personalities than ever seen before. We are recruiting talented people, but they must show quality work beforehand. Let’s return to the world of Suikoden once more, and show them that Suikoden doesn’t die until we let it. ‪#‎suikoden‬ ‪#‎games‬ ‪#‎finalfantasy‬ ‪#‎rpg‬ ‪#‎jrpg‬ ‪#‎gaming‬ ‪#‎news‬ ‪#‎gamingnews‬ ‪#‎ps4‬ ‪#‎xbox‬ ‪#‎wii‬ ‪#‎otaku‬ ‪#‎nerd‬ ‪#‎facebook‬ ‪#‎dbz‬ ‪#‎onepiece‬ ‪#‎naruto‬ ‪#‎japan‬ ‪#‎malysia‬ ‪#‎indonesia‬ ‪#‎asia‬ ‪#‎china‬ ‪#‎game‬ ‪#‎mario‬ ‪#‎snes‬ ‪#‎playstation1‬ #ff7 #ddr #ps1 #ps2 #ps3 #xbox360 #final fantasy 7 #skyrim #leagueoflegends #lol

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I know that I shouldn't play it, but I just want to play it to put the image in context. It does not make sense in any way I can imagine right now.
Last edited by Antimatzist on Fri May 02, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Guys, guys, guys, come on, I just realised, we have it all wrong, I mean, we only live just this once, never again, we have nothing except right now, we only have this moment, it will never come back, insert five more ways of saying the same thing again, and what have we done with our life? Judge other people's fangames, even knowing that we're imperfect as well.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Weakness only takes hold when you allow it. Like when your family is ambushed on the road and you deal with the situation by running away and leaving your wife and son to be raped by thugs.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »