Would you like to co-write Suikoden 6? (Non-RPGmaker game)

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Yensoo

Re: Would you like to co-write Suikoden 6? (Non-RPGmaker gam

Post by Yensoo »

Thanks Suikoden2.5! It's nice to see there are still a few people that would like to see a fan game.
The writing is coming along nicely, so the project is still a go at this point. :)
Long live Suikoden!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Best of luck to you. I've been involved in several Suikoden fan projects through the years. Most have not been successful in achieving the noted objective of said projects, however I like to think that there was some measure of success as moments spent in a world I've enjoyed for quite some time.

Anyways, here's to hoping that you guys will succeed where many of us have failed. :)
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Calvin, which ones were yours and what was your role in them?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

One was a project many years ago we called Ione Dusk, which was supposed to be a fan game centered in Falena (this was long before Suikoden V released). That was quite some time ago, but as I recall my job was mostly dealing with character development. Another was a web based game at Suikox that was designed to replace the war game that many might remember there. It ended up being variously called SIGs, Duo Skein, and Project Phoenix, though it never saw completion. My job in that project was to create the world and backstory, come up with scenarios, and develop the map.

I've also worked on some smaller projects like IFFs and the like, and at one point attempted to create a Suikoden battle system using php to support an IFF. It kinda worked (sorta).
KnightOfTruth

Post by KnightOfTruth »

Just wanted to cheer for you guys! This sounds like a great and ambitious project! Just use any nay-saying as fuel for the fires of motivation and keep on churning out quality work! It sounds like you've already got your team assembled, but if you're still in need of scenario/story writers let me know. Konami has yet to fulfill my repeated requests for a Suikoden VI, so I'd be happy to help shape our own (even if they end up releasing an actual VI that makes all our efforts look moot). Either way, best of luck to you and your team and I'd love to see a release of the engine at the very least!