Suikoden II Novel - Fan Made

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Recshell

Suikoden II Novel - Fan Made

Post by Recshell »

Hello,

I'm a new member here, I wanted to discuss this with you guys and ask for your opinion before I start working on it seriously. First, I'd like to say that I'm a huge Suikoden fan, my favorite is the second, I just love the story, every part of it. Played it, and finished it countless of times over the years on every console it came on.

I'm a writer and I'm working on my own novel, but I stopped halfway to improve my writing and story-telling skills. So, I thought about this project, "novelizing" every (old) game I loved. Since they are still amazing, but people don't give them any attention nowadays because they're old and some of them have bad-enough graphics to make them ignored.

I'm still not sure about which game to start first, I have so many in mind. I want to turn Suikoden II into a novel, I know there's already an official novel for it, but it's not English, and not easily obtainable.

Here's the first chapter: http://www.recshell.com/SuikodenII.pdf

What do you guys think? Should I pursue this? Or work on another game?

-
Recshell
markzell

Re: Suikoden II Novel - Fan Made

Post by markzell »

Hello Recshell!! Your work is good man. Just keep it up. Don't stop what you already started.
.....(sigh)......
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think that anyone who hasn't played the game yet would read the novelization, and everyone who has played the game alread would rather replay the game than read the script of the game again.
Also, this novelization seems to bee very dialogue heavy which I don't like to read, it's exhausting.

But if you want to do it, by all means do it.
markzell

Post by markzell »

yea I agreed with you that the dialogue's are heavy.. It's a good point that you notice what you are lacking. Please continue working on it. ^.~v
.....(sigh)......