Suikoden Fan Game (Armies Kingdom or Holy Harmonian Kingdom)

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
alternatefantasy

Suikoden Fan Game (Armies Kingdom or Holy Harmonian Kingdom)

Post by alternatefantasy »

I love the Suikoden Series and I have played I-V and beaten most of them. I decided that I wanted to make a fan game that had the feel of Suikoden with RPG Maker VX Ace. I have decided that it will either take place in the New Armies Kingdom or the Holy Harmonian Kingdom. I know that both of these place have not really been detailed in any of the games, so it give me some freedom in where I want the towns, cities, dungeons, etc. Other than that there is still alot that I have left to do.

Story and Such:
The main character will be a female that lives on the streets of the capital. She will have a small band of friends that help her, these characters do the dirty work to keep the capital running so to speak. One day she takes on a task that involves killing the prince of the royal family because he is working to kill his father, who found out. She takes her friends with her until they get to the prince's room and go inside only to find out that he has already been killed by someone else. The guards bust in and take them all in, blaming them for killing the prince and throw them into the dungeon. This is when she decides to take a stand and stop the corrupt government from running the world...

That's all I have so far.

What I need help with:
I need help with getting sprites of Jeane and Viki in the very least because I want them in the game.
Enemies
Battle System, both the normal battles and war battles
Duel System
Trade System

Also I was wondering where you guys would want the game. This would take place in between V and I. I also need a name for the game and which characters you would like to see in the game.
alternatefantasy

Re: Suikoden Fan Game (Armies Kingdom or Holy Harmonian King

If anyone has a script for using Runes in RPG Maker VX Ace, I will credit you if you allow me to use it.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I really dont use the rpgmaker, so I cant help you, but you can get suikoden (and other games) sprites here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/
http://spritedatabase.net/

I suggest you to make the full story line before beginning. Also dont be too ambitious or you will never finish. Do something simple, maybe a short game.
alternatefantasy

Thank you very much.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

It would be cool to see a Succession War story, or a side-story turned into a main plot i.e. Neclord, Unicorn Quest, Save Kent. Something that isn't Army vs. Army, but maybe a small group vs. another opposition force.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
alternatefantasy

I'm trying to think of a new true rune for the game.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Well, if there's a True Fire Rune there must be Water, Earth, and Wind, right?

Or in the more creative avenues, Storm Rune (rain, lightening, wind, fires, etc etc) or a Time Rune (crumbles people into dust at highest level)... idk
Dreams do die
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

TMan wrote:Well, if there's a True Fire Rune there must be Water, Earth, and Wind, right?
Yeah, and they already appeared in III. ;)

To be honest, this project seems a bit confusing. The story is...!? Where does the "save the world from government" part coming from? It sounds very convoluted.
Then, you basically lack every gameplay mechanic which makes it look as if you don't have a lot of experience with the RPGMaker, which is fine, but for such a project, you need to be able to do a lot with it. Don't expect people to help you in your project just like that, from what I've seen in the past, most successful RPGMaker projects were one-man projects that did all of the work alone.
Which leads me to the third point.. you can't really ask people what they want to see - do your game the way you want it. Of course, some feedback is good, but if you don't know where this project is going this will never come to realisation.

That might sound a bit harsh, but RPGMaker projects tend to fail a lot. It's easy to say "I have the best story in the world, so I make a game" and making the actual game which involves months, if not years (depends on your proficiency) of work. And, as Rezard said, I'd propose you do a small game first. 2hours is already pretty long if you're inexperienced, so maybe you better do small projects like that first before trying your hands on a really big game.

Also, it's Kingdom of New Armes, not Armies. And Holy Kingdom of Harmonia.
alternatefantasy

The reason she decides to take down the government is because she is tired of doing all of their dirty work and she learns that she is not the first person that the government has used and thrown away when they see fit.

I like the idea of the Time Rune.

I do know abit about RPG Maker VX Ace, but I don't know how to script at all, which is why I was asking for help.

I'm sorry I got the names slightly mixed up.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Okay I admit it's been a long time since I played S3, but I can't remember seeing the True Water and Earth. Can someone educate me?
Dreams do die
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

TMan wrote:Okay I admit it's been a long time since I played S3, but I can't remember seeing the True Water and Earth. Can someone educate me?
Sasarai has True Earth and Chris (depending on who's yor FC) has the True Water Rune.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Oh right. Sassy Sasarai. Thanks.

Still no memory of Chris having Water though, for some reason. I always chose Hugo as my FC. I say always but I mean twice. I only played it twice.

Number of times I've played each game
S1- 5
S2- a gajillion
S3- 2
S4- 1
S5- 7/8ths. Couldn't beat final boss, gave up, watched ending on Youtube, PS2 got stolen.

As far as making a Suikoden game with RPG Maker, you've got to be damn good with the thing to have any luck. I made one a while back and mine was, at best, mediocre. All the good ones go in and edit the code and stuff and use super powers to improve the graphics.

EDIT: That probably sounds more discouraging than I meant for it to. I basically mean that if you want to make it, make it. But if you want people to get really excited about it, make it REALLY REALLY DAMN WELL (use super powers)
Dreams do die
alternatefantasy

Chris's father dies in three and gives the water rune to her. Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_a9z3TgQw
TMan

Post by TMan »

Oh yeah!! Ahh, thank you!
Dreams do die
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Uhhh, this sounds A LOT like Baten Kaitos Origins.