Suikoden Short Stories Discussion

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Suikoden Short Stories Discussion

Post by dragonmasterx »

Please keep discussion on them to this thread, so we don't clog up the others. Mods, can you please lock those three threads with the stories in them?
---
I went through another 3-4 round of edits for each story, which is why I felt the older stories were worth re-posting.

For anyone that doesn't know, these are 3 of the official short stories, published in 4 volumes by Konami, all written by different authors. Murayama, the original creator of Genso Suikoden, has a message in the end of Vol. 4, indicating that he looked through all the stories. In that sense, I personally consider these stories more authentic than anything that came after Suikoden 3.

Oh, and the 3 stories I posted are all translated and edited by me.
---
Axe of the Oath - Gremio risks everything to save Tir's life in the midst of the Succession Wars.

Crisis Point - Luca Blight's traumatic experience turns him into what he is in Suikoden 2.

Dragon Awaiting a Favorable Wind - Humphrey and Joshua's first meeting and Milia's first appearance, all before Suikoden 1 takes place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden Short Stories Discussion

Post by KFCrispy »

great job!! we shouldn't keep them in the Fan Fiction section though. i'll look into something...
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

A while back, one of the admins setup a template for me to put on the official site. I tried to set it up and saw all the formatting errors that popped as a result of copy+paste from MSWORD to the template and thought HOLY CRAP, AS IF I DIDN'T PUT IN ENOUGH HOURS TO TRANSLATE THE THING ALREADY, NOW I HAVE TO SPEND HOURS OF TEDIOUS WORK FIXING ALL THESE LITTLE FORMATTING ERRORS? I got fed up there and just posted the thing here.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess with a program like Notepad++ and not Word this would work better?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I could take a swing at it, if you'd send me the template!