My Interpretation of What Happened to the Sindar

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Xelinis

My Interpretation of What Happened to the Sindar

Post by Xelinis »

I don't write fan fiction, and I don't ever intend to. However, earlier today, I came up with an idea on what could have happened to the Sindar. That led to another idea and then another one. Now, I'm overflowing with them and I need to get it all out of my system somewhere. This is not so much a story as it is my personal interpretation of what we already know. I hope you guys don't mind, some feedback would be welcome as well.

----

When the clash between Sword and Shield ended, He appeared, the one bearing the Rune of Change. He was not alone as people came to worship this man and follow his every word. This prosperous civilization, of which the people all shared white hair and blue eyes, became known as the Sindar.

However, once their civilization had evolved to a certain point, He announced that the Rune of Change wishes for them to leave and start anew elsewhere. Some would refuse and stay behind, but those who still worshiped the Rune continued to follow His every word. It was not apparent at the time that this would recur.

Many years and many pilgrimages later, He halted his journeying followers. Thrusting His hand into the ground, the Rune of Change left Him and embedded itself into the earth. Buildings and monuments rose out of the ground, and the city of Macondo was born. No longer would the Sindar have to journey as this city would move itself when necessary in space and in time. The people rejoiced and began to settle into their new lives.

One day, a strong wind began to blow. This was the day that Macondo would move for the first time. This was the day that He walked away.

Hundreds of years have passed in Macondo. Sometimes, the city would appear in more than one place, but each at a different point in its own time. It always appears in an isolated location but is never hidden from plain sight. The legends of the 27 True Runes and the great Sindar leader who created the city have faded into children's bedtime stories.

For the people of this city, the changing skies and landscapes are normal, as is the changing statue that stands in the center of the city. One day, it would be a knight on his mighty steed, another day it would be a woman holding a magnificent bow, and on yet another day it would a young boy with a bandana wielding a staff.

It is not known what lies beyond the city's walls. It is known that whoever ventures beyond them never return. Sometimes, strangers wander in. Both sides are always surprised. At least one is always hostile.

This is Macondo, their Paradise, their Prison, their Eternal City.
Last edited by Xelinis on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
EstrangedIX

Re: My Interpretation of What Happened to the Sindar

Post by EstrangedIX »

I'm half asleep, so when I read the part about the changing statue I was like, "The NPCs are the Sindar?! Who knew..."

It's past my bedtime lol

Cool story btw.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE