My stuff (Assorted stuff)

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
I am amazing

My stuff (Assorted stuff)

Post by I am amazing »

Hi there, I've made several assorted Suiko stuff, most of its art but one was actually a pretty crazy Pokemon Rom hack that I'm thinking about redoing if I can get some help in the planning department.

Anyways the artwork:

A delicious new kind of cereal
A really wacky mashup requested that's basically Rief (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn) and Luca Blight...
A speedpaint...

I dunno, I just like silly stuff I guess.

Anyways the ROM hack is a hack of Pokemon Ruby. I'm very talented at hacking music and I can insert animation into characters as well. Here's a sample of another work with hacking this game.

I have a few ideas that I posted on another forum, some of them might be pitched and some of them might not...
Blacksmith
For example, this will require some serious ASM in the codes, but I have an idea of how a blacksmith should work - instead of obtaining EVs from opponent Pokemon, you go to a guy who's script will do the following things:
1. Extract the first Pokemon's data through ASM and put it in the RAM
2. Check the value of their Attack and Sp. Attack EV (These will be raised at the same time). Will also check if the 510 limit has been reached
3. Check if these values do not go above a set value, this is based on the blacksmith's level
4. Asks you if you want to raise the weapon level. Value is doubled for each time raised
5. Adds 10 to EVs. Goes up to max. 150. (total 300)

In this way stat gains are controlled.

I still have no idea how I'm going to do armour though...

I'm thinking about adding Kenji (SIII) simply for a similar script that will boost speed... at a price. He works out with you, you get a speed boost. I'm not sure about HP, but it will probably be food related.

Castle Stuff
By the way, the castle will do a check as the map is loaded to check which characters are in your party. When a certain character is in your party, they will not appear in the castle, which means you can't access their special events.

Runes?
Runes are abilities that can be obtained through shops. Think TMs basically, although their set PP is MUCH lower than most moves. (7PP is high for a Rune based attack). They're organized into different levels, but unlike normal runes they only have one attack. The first 25 are basic elemental runes and work as follows:
[element]1
[element]2
[element]3
[element]4
[element]5

Another idea that I've been throwing around, but haven't confirmed, is one that resembles the actual rune system far more accurately - in a rune shop you can buy runes, and they have no effect when you buy them, unless you get them affixed. You can't dictate where they get affixed but each one gives you access to 2 attacks. Because of this, I would add an extra level for the rune before "True Rune" status. So instead of something like

Lightning
Thunder

I would add something in there as well, maybe Spark or Storm or something. The problem with this is that it would require a large amount of ASM and very advanced scripting.

True Runes, when accessed by a storyline, will be special because they will automatically be affixed to the first move. I'm looking into how moves are deleted because they will not be able to be deleted (although why would you want to? lol), while abilities (used to traverse certain obstacles, think HMs) would.

Either way, the TM pocket will become the "Runes" pocket, lol

Bio Book
People who have played the hack may have noticed that the Pokedex has been renamed the "Bio Book". This is simply a list of biographies so you know a little more about characters that join your party.

A few notes:

-Until I figure out how to remove them, you can still access the things like "size" and "cry", even though there isn't really any logical data for those. Expect 2 foot tall Nash for now.
-Search Function should still work (for the most part) normally, except for sizes/weights.
Ect. Mainly mechanics. The fun of it is working with Pokemon's mechanics and trying to form it into a Suikoden themed work. Some things we were thinking about was that crazy battle Yuber v. Pesmurga, which you could ONLY fight with Pesmurga with because Yuber's data secretly has a type that makes all normal attacks ineffective against it, until Pessy uses a special move, and only Pessy is allowed to go in the area that you're in.

The only problem is that our old story idea was pretty much insane (Luc lives! The TWR is going around floating around like its nobody's business! Hikusaak stole Sasarai's TER and has 2 freaking runes on him (and gets TWR later), and did I mention that Circle Rune freaking controls all the people in his vicinity (or the fact that Hiku just appears out of nowhere after being gone for like forever)! You play as Apple or Caesar! Viktor and Flik are still fighting in their near 50s! SV hero and Lyon had kids and you recruit them! ect.)... Although there were some cool ideas in there like having a different path depending on the character you started with (although they'd eventually meet up) and going into Harmonia. But yeah.

So we kinda need a new plot.

If you're wondering, it'd actually be easier to do a regular Suikoden style game with Pokemon's engine over Tierkreis so let all your ideas and fantasies come out. Just make sure they make sense, okay?

If you're worried about the whole distributing ROM file thing, you may have also heard of the use of IPS patches. Distributing IPS patches is perfectly normal and is often used with translation patches. So I could do the same thing.
Ack! Ook! Randomly generated creepy Yuber on the top of the screen!
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: My stuff (Assorted stuff)

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

The cereal of Life and Death huh?
Did Nanami make it? :lol:
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I like the idea with the cereals, but it looks so stupid :D

And wow, nice ideas for the Pokemon-hack. I always thought that Suikoden and Pokemon are very similar in some aspects. I would love to play that game.
radynaraya

Post by radynaraya »

why not making new game rather than hacking pokemon ? :D
It will be easier to make those fitures and if you want add other fitures, it will be more less complicated .