Suikoden Fighting Game

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Flufflez

Re: Suikoden Fighting Game

Post by Flufflez »

well right now yensoo is working out some artwork for me to import into what we had so far. once he gets some preliminary art up, i'm going to match it up with my code so that we are no longer limited by the original game sprites. i've got high hopes to make a lot of progress on this game over the summer.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Best of luck with it mate.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Any update on this? Ive only just read this thread and the prospect seems simply amazing!
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

on hold until i find an artist basically. the sprites are too limited to give more than like two moves to 5 characters. so either someone needs to expand the sprite libraries from suikoden 2 or someone needs to create original artwork for enough moves to satisfy a worth while project.

yensoo had some original artwork he had done for a different game but the conversion wouldn't have worked and he couldn't commit the time to creating movesets for characters.

i can do code but i can't do too much more than that. for the longest time i thought that all this forum needed for fan projects was a dedicated coder, but it turns out i was wrong.