Suikoden Forum RPG interest check.

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
ChaosMind

Suikoden Forum RPG interest check.

Post by ChaosMind »

All of the old ones have died,sooo...

post your thoughts on if I(or any one willing)made a really good suikoden rpg,would you join? After all it maybe the only way left to play out events you know you want to see happen. Konami's chance of doing the next suikoden right = 10%
Rezard

Re: Suikoden Forum RPG interest check.

Post by Rezard »

If the project was serious and backed up by mature and dedicated people, I'd give a hand if I could.

Creating a minimally decent game is insanely hard, I dont think anyone could do it alone.
ChaosMind

Post by ChaosMind »

Oh, don't worry i'm quite serious(i'm also 25 so I think i'm pretty mature)! I was thinking of making it take place after S3,after all I think thats what most of us wish Konami would do.And try to cover as many focal points and mysteries as possible. Basically a forum version of what your dream final Suikoden would be like!

But theres two problems...
One I don't have the forum coding skills to handle being the Head Admin,so I need someone to agree with me enough to take the reins(though i'd happily be a regular admin or moderator).

The second problem is even tougher...we need players,so listen,IF YOU HAVE ANY LOVE LEFT FOR SUIKODEN PLEASE POST HERE TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Unfortunaly I dont have the skills either, I just know a little bit of java.

I think the aswer would be as you say: a game created collectively in a open forum, but you shouldnt be worrying about players. You should only worry about the game quality. If it is good, people will play.

In my opinion you should be worrying about getting as many collaborators as possible, why dont you create something to draw attetion to your cause, like a battle system or war mini game?
ChaosMind

Post by ChaosMind »

You mean a smaller 'test' suikoden rp?

Where? I don't think this site allows such things. And if I make some bland looking forum,(which due to my coding skills,it would be)I think no one would bat a eyelash...

You think otherwise?
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

No, I don't. Maybe you should learn the skills, search the net.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

ChaosMind wrote: I don't think this site allows such things.
It most certainly does not. This topic is getting precariously close to being pointless as it is.

You're asking someone to run an entire project and create you a Suikoden game and you do what? moderate their forums? People with actual coding knowledge who wanted to create a game eventually got bored and gave up, do you really expect someone who is just doing the heavy lifting for you to actually get a game to fruition?
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

ChaosMind wrote:Oh, don't worry i'm quite serious(i'm also 25 so I think i'm pretty mature)!
:lol: this thread was worth every penny. No but seriously thanks for the laugh guys. :shock:
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Kitphiroth

Post by Kitphiroth »

I re-imagined suiko-rpg on livejournal! If any of you were interested, please come my way :D! Check: suiko-rp.livejournal.com