Nameless Lands Independence War Solis 498-511

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Templeton
Banned User

Nameless Lands Independence War Solis 498-511

Post by Templeton »

Nameless Lands.

In the Nameless Lands what I wanted to see was something more or less as yet another Suikoden 3 Grasslands type conflict which would involve all neighboors including Harmonia to the east, Grasslands/Camaro to the South, and Zexen and the whatsoever conflict may be used from the west; as for the North I will be giving that area to Sanadia which is of course conquered by Harmonia. And if you are familiar with my map idea presented below, the land mass which involves the Order of the One True Way would be located to the North West.

http://www.suikosource.com/images/fanart/ryan2.jpg

The event would take place after the 2nd Fire Bringer War perhaps around 498-511 and the war will play out in three chapters or the three invasion attempts by 1) Harmonia, 2) A rouge element of the Free Knights of the Nation of Camaro who eventually ally with the Ebony Moon Knights, and 3) An attempt by the newly independent country of Sanadia which is given over to the Howling Voice Guild by the Harmonian government to take the Nameless Lands region.

There are the three points of view system with a different idea each; That these three parts of the story are divided by the three attempts to occupy the Nameless Lands (and the three hero's who assist in each one). The 108 stars would all be there as the story progresses, however, some will age a little bit as the story develops till the end.

Nameless Lands Independence War

1) Invasion attempt by Harmonia Solis 498-500

Harmonia will represent the first attempt at taking the Nameless Lands. They want to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Hero War and make up for the loss of the Grasslands campaign by invading the Tribal/National/Democratic region known as the Nameless Lands. Architects and slaves are already being summoned to create the Harmonian Western Naval Security Base on the west coast of the Nameless Lands which they plan on renaming "The Province of New Harmonia". The blitzkrieg is of course "successful" and the base is built in the west, however, the tribes (In events that I would like help describing), unite and use both nature and sheer native bravery to repel them. They cause the Harmonians to regret their attempt thus they are forced to leave. However, seeing this Camaro comes under the influence of a powerful and wealthy Knight Faction who wanted to assist Harmonia and with Harmonia they sign an agreement ensuring military and economic partnerships between the two nations. As well, in defense of retaliation, just east of the Nameless Lands where Harmonia retreated, a base known as the "Harmonian Western Fringe Security Base" (just the same as the Southern Fringe Security Base in the Grasslands) is assembled. The conclusion of the conflict is that the Nameless Lands are free for now and they even have a sea hold with the captured navel base on their west. This leads to 2 years (or feel free to adjust the time line) of peace before Camaro with the support of Harmonia begin the 2nd Invasion.

2) Invasion attempt by Camaro Solis 502-504

Camaro becomes very wealthy and powerful as they are given support from their powerful neighbor Harmonia to their east. Leading up to the war Harmonia spreads various claims about the romantic notion of "taming the Nameless Lands" and they send dignitaries on international trips trying to exploit the idea of making this area of land into a single united state with the idea of bringing in settlers (prefferably blue eyed blond haired nobles). With high expectations Harmonia and allied Camaro to the south begin a new wave of invasions. From the Eastern Fringe Security Base to the east the Harmonians send their own troops, and from disputably occupied Sanadia to the north. Various Order of the One True Way conscripts who occupy a landmass northwest of Harmonia (This is my own united Suikoden land claim) come to the Nameless Lands by boat across the sea to the west. Again but with more difficulty the Nameless Lands invasion coalition are defeated and humiliated in this high, cold, and mountainous environment with all the races, animal groups, nations, and democracies uniting to defeat the common enemy. The result of this conflict is that Sanadia gains independence, however, is given over to Howling Voice Guild control, The Harmonians are politically exhausted as the militant Church Faction are defeated by the Latkje's and the various "People's Faction" nobles in most aspects of Harmonian life. With this the Beast Class is eliminated from the rankings and many races have the right to go home or otherwise stay in a free yet albeit bias environment in Harmonia. Camaro and the Ebony Moon Knights who allied with the nation are no longer in power due to the loss in war and a knight faction in Camaro which is geared towards peace with it's neighbors are given charge. The Order of the One True Way and the land mass it inhabits is not effected as much, however, the nations of the country are keeping note of the defeat. As for the Nameless Lands, the people there are celebrating an empty victory because they are feeling as though post war anxiety may drive one another apart. In the end, all though the Nameless Land citizens do not fear further invasion now that they defeated the foreigners, it is still quit real that they will not win the peace.

3) Invasion attempt by Sanadia and One True Way Order Solis 510-511

The divisions by the people of the Nameless lands leads to the Howling Voice Guilds attempt to once again win this war for Harmonia and they appeal to the Order of the one True Way once again to claim former New Harmonia in a new war. But a certain rival to the Howling Voice Guild is revealed in a mountain Oasis which is home to a group of mercenaries who fight with Fire Spears. In all the attempts by the Howling Voice Guild to divide, cleanse, and massacre the people of the Nameless Lands, the Fire Spear wielding group maintains the safety of the region with help and funds by the wider international community who are increasingly frustrated with the plight of the Nameless Landers. In the end the victory goes to the Nameless Landers who defeated the elite gunners of the Howling Voice Guild thanks to the rival Fire Spear Wielders. The result of the conflict is that the Howling Voice Guild must except defeat, give up Sanadia to civilian rule, and retreat back to the "Tower" in Harmonia to begin restoring their group and help the Church Faction in their struggles to maintain power. The Order faces economic repercussions from the war and are forced to give up on a mining operation to concentrate on restoring balance to the country (There was an abandoned mine in Tierkries after all). The Nameless Lands, however, continued to reach out to the international community who gladly assisted. In the end the factions united and adopted a pacifist constitution with focus on the economy and bringing neutrality, freedom, peace, and unity to it's people.

The end.

Idea's during the story.

1) Gunner Tenkai: I enjoyed the fan fiction idea of Having a Tenkai early on that is a Howling Voice Guild gunner, I decided to have a story where he is driven onto the Nameless Land peoples side early on due to the corrupt nature of Harmonia (it actually wasn't my idea so thanks for the gunner Tenkai idea Suikoden fan who thought of it).

2) Fire Spears in Group battle: Near the end you would also get to use a Fire Spear wielding character not only in mass combat, but in group battles as well.

3) Mountain Oasis HQ: Having a base which uses the concept of high ground and cold climate as defense. The idea is that an ancient tribe of Dwarfs once used it as a mine and it would then be utilized as a base once it is liberated.

4) Kobold Strategist: A Kobold who escaped Harmonian 4th caste capture after being a slave to a well educated strategist family from that country. The Kobald managed to learn the basis of strategy during his years as a slave to them and is glad to use that and his new skills he acquired well in the Nameless Lands to help defend the land. After the war he returns to the 4th caste liberated Harmonia to reconcile with his captors and assist displaced beast class citizens.

5) 7 Great Beast Clans (Although "great" is often used) of the Nameless Lands: The idea is that the Nameless Lands is something of a national park or animal reserve which is known for groups of animals who are not of the humanoid type. The concept I have for the Nameless Lands is that they are worshiped and given praise by the people and nations that live there.

6) 4 races involved: I plan on using 3 already used and 1 original race in the Nameless Lands. One will be elves who will have their own country. The other will be the dwarfs who once inhabited the HQ who live in a tribe. The other could be the mountain goat/human humanoid types who you see from Tactics who also live in a tribe. The new one will be perhaps fox type humanoids who function like the Kobolds.

7) 16 municipalities: A standard number of villages, towns, and cities that are usually used in an average Suikoden game.

These are my idea's for the Nameless Lands (and the one who gave the Tenkai gunner idea thank you) for now, feel free to add your own idea's below and I appreciate any positive or kindly objective remarks you can provide.

Thank you

Ryan.
tovath

Re: Nameless Lands Independence War Solis 498-511

Post by tovath »

Sanadia which is given over to the Howling Voice Guild by the Harmonian government
Well first why did Harmonia give give the Howling Voice Guild land? If they do that then they lose the only hold they have on the Guild.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

so whens the game of this coming out?

no seriously though i like the idea but i think that most (if not all) great beast clans would be featured i like the fox people idea but how about the others maybe hyena people or snake people or even bird people?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Actually my idea of what clans to use were centered around Animal groups as opposed to Beast types, the humans who worship these animals are the an archaic type who live a traditional lifestyle.

It seems the number six is a popular number for the number of a major Suikoden group, so why not Six Animal groups with their followers.

I already have the geography map in my head already, it's basically centered around mountains and there are valleys. The area in fact is one big mountain range which takes on the shape resembling that of a pentagon.

Thus during the campaign to conquer the land we will see the Harmonians trying to conquer a place that should be left alone if they new what is good for them. At this point I would like to say that the setting closely is set up to resemble the Afghan region except that the war will be fought mostly in winter settings.

The HQ in this case will not only be a new municipality set up due to the war effort, but rather the tribes and nations will declare it the center of politics and traditional capital of the new confederation after the end of the campaigns.

The concept of having a group of Howling Voice Guild gunners heading in covert to the Nameless Lands to report to Harmonia if the invasion would succeed comes to mind. Exploring the Nameless Lands for this purpose would be the beginning leading up to when you claim an HQ and start the resistence movement.

Taking inspiration from the "Apocalypse Now" movie which in fact took influence from a novel made decades before I decided that we should see this Tenkai slowly lose faith in his country's motives of compulsive conquest and after seeing from his team that the war should not be fought that it would ultimately fail for Harmonia he begins to change his way of thinking. However, considering the Tenkai's are for the most part mute, he will have his team progressing the story as they begin to make decisions on what to tell Harmonia about the chances of success for the campaign.

Your team of course will eventually be part of your army where you can just imagine what a unite attack would look like between 6 or so gunners.

I'll continue to answer questions so please feel free to ask.

Thank you

Ryan.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Also, the concept of giving Sanadia over to guild is in my opinion justified by the fact that the Blight nobility was able to claim Highland.

It's not necessarily an army of gunners, it's just a rather notable group of them that have the ability to handle administration duty.

I still can picture them having the ability to handle both the tower and some land given to them by Harmonia perhaps as a reward of some type. After all, they could recruit Sanadian children into their guild with that kind of influence.

Also, feel free to create any different version of this story if you feel it can be handled better by your own idea's.

Thank you

Ryan.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

It does sound very interesting i always thought of the nameless lands and harmonia as being far colder then the other countrys weve seen. firstly due to them being up north and secondly: Hallecs wearing a polar bear.

i am rather confused with what the animal tribes are, would they be simular to hallecs tribe or more like animal people ie: lizards/ducks/kobolds etc?

i am currently designing the first fire bringer war and was wondering about mapping harmonia or at least designing part of crystal valley where the one temple is as its vital to the plot. maybe we could share resources?

thanks
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Didn't Murayama once compare Harmonia to Russia?
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Infact he did, and with that I have made an idea of what to base Harmonia and it's conquered nations on.

The number of territories total should be fifteen based off of this....

The traditional Russian Empire consisted of the Mega mass of the Russian state which is independent Russian today. (1)

Then there were two middle power sized areas which were Kazakstan and the Ukraine. (2)

Then there were the remaining smaller nation states of Luthuania, Latvia, Estionia, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbijan, Armenia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Kryjistan. (12)

As well I have the idea of Alaska being like the "Harmonia across the Great Ocean" territory I designed in my map.

Therefore if you want to make something that resembles a Russian like Harmonia then consider my advice of having a mega mass about the size of a continent as Mainland Harmonia, two Toran Republic sized middle states as well as 12 city state sized satellite states for this mega mass of a country. That plus the Alaska like eastern landmass across the "Great Ocean". Over all, just look at a map of Russia and let your imagination fly as to what it would look like if it were Harmonia, and just as important, look at it's history as well.

I will let you think of this for now and I will draw additional advice based off your response. However, as time goes and we Konami doesn't develop the series further, I may just make a fan fiction map of Harmonia just for everyone to see.

Thank you

Ryan.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Oh yes, and about the animal tribes.

What I was referring to were the listening crystal types, such as Griffins, Krakans, Unicorns, etc. and yes as you said, a logical choice would be a polar bear type as well.

It's all about traditional spirit type worship and since your from the UK you should be familiar with the history of England's early ancestors who worshiped them in the same way.

Thanks

Ryan.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

if you are planning to make a plot about the nameless lands, you shoud first answer a simple question: Why did the nameless land lost its name?

For example: At the end of the Roman X Carthage war, the romans devasted Carthage in order to exclude them from history forever. Maybe someone destroyed the Nameless Land, excluded them from history forever, going as far as to forbid everyone from ever repeat its name again. They were erased from history books.

I think you should pass through the issue.
radynaraya

Post by radynaraya »

this is what i expected! Joining world of Tierkreis and mainstream Suikoden :D

by the way, is every time there are 108 different star?
i concluded it like that because each event take the different time, right?

Can i give some opinion? i think the castle that positioned in the mountanious area have risk too with how they campaign outside. When its true that those kind of castle is hard to be attacked but it really hard to attack too right? :lol: