fanfiction story "Suikoden Fantasy"

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
tovath

fanfiction story "Suikoden Fantasy"

Post by tovath »

Since we have this new area I figured I would post this here. Please tell me what you think of it. It's a crossover with Final Fantasy 6.

Prologue

Chris didn't much like the sound of this Soul Sending ritual that the Alma Kinan were about to do, even if they said it was no different from being willing to lose one's life in battle. She had not expected anything like this to happen when she had come to village of the Alma Kinan Clan earlier today, even if others called the Grasslanders barbarians, this was a bit much. If Yun had said one word about not wanting to be part of it then Chris would have gotten her out of this, even if Chris had to fight the whole village to do so. Yun wanted to do this for some reason, even if she would die from it.

At first Chris was glad when the ritual was interrupted but it was obvious that the people who caused the interruption did not do so with good intentions. They were attacking everyone. They might be the ones that Nash had spoken of, the ones who had incited a war between the Grasslands and the Zexen Confederacy. Too late she noticed that one of the attackers had gotten past their line of defence and was pulling out odd round constructions. It was about the size of Chris' hand. Chris had seen Runes stored in objects that looked like that. She was unable to see what if any Rune was in it as he threw it at Yun. The minute the Rune touched Yun the world came apart at the seams. It was like a veil had been torn apart and she and everyone else could see into the spirit world.

The Front Gate Rune had the power to pull things from other worlds into its own.

So there was a Rune in that case, one of the Twenty Seven True Runes at that, thought Chris.

This was its purpose and so it did so, but even with the extra power of the Soul Sending ritual it didn't have enough power to pull more then a few monsters over. However the “God” of the world it was pulling the monsters from decided that it would be great fun to have another world to destroy.

Not if I have anything to say about it. Chris gripped her sword as she thought that.

He helped the Rune finish the job by loaning it some power. Mountains clashed and the seas roiled and in an instant a new world was created from the two old ones. Then the man who had made himself a god in that other world then tried to absorb the Front Gate Rune into himself the same way he was absorbing the source of magic from his world. All twenty seven True Rune objected to this and attacked. At first the man, Kefka, not only held his own, but was actually winning. He had pulled the ego out of the five Elemental Runes.

Impossible! How can he do something like that? The True Runes were the source of Magic. No one should be able to do that.

Fortunately for the whole world, he ran into two major problems. One was that now it was harder for him to pull out the egos of the other Runes because where he had understood how elemental magic worked, he had no idea how the magic of, for example the Rune of Beginning worked. Also some of the Runes, such as the Beast Rune, had shifted shape to protect themselves.

Kefka's other problem was that some of his bad karma caught up with him in the form of the spirits of some of the espers that he had helped capture, torture and kill told over the power of the Runes before he could absorb more then a little of the Wind Rune's power. Maduin took over as the spirit of the Water Rune, Ifrit the Fire Rune, Ramuh the Lightning Rune, Unicorn the Earth Rune and Shoat the Wind Rune.
Who were they? She had never heard of such beings.

They started attacking Kefka the moment they were able to. To get out of this Kefka jumped back to the physical world.

The world snapped back into place for Chris, but things were different now. For one thing there were giant metal beams, too large for any human, dwarf or lizard blacksmith to have made, sticking straight up into the air in a circular formation around the glade they were in and in the center of the glade were three statues and a man with odd taste in clothes. That man was giggling like a mad man and he looked dangerous. The ones they had been fighting had fallen back, it looked like their leader had been hurt by something, so she was free to concentrate on this new threat as was Fred.

“Halt, who might you be?” asked Fred as the man stepped forward.

“Oh you don't know, what fun, I'm Kefka. You sound like like a two bit hero in a play. I'm going to kill you now” the man said, “Light of Judgement!” A beam of light formed between Kefka's hands and shot at Fred slicing off half of his face.

By Sadie, what rune has the power to do that? thought Chris as she ducked behind one of the statues while Kefka continued to rant.

“That should have been stronger. I will get back at those damnable Runes and those stupid pieces of Magicite for going against me. Next time I use ...” Kefka trailed off and started giggling manically.

Chris glanced over at Nash, who mouthed “try and rush him.” She nodded and started to move out from behind the statue. Then the statue exploded sending shards of stone into her arm, if she had moved a second later the she would be dead now. How in the six hells does a statue explode anyway?

Chris looked down and saw the shards disappearing into her arm. First her arm then the rest of her body started to tingle. At that moment she somehow knew that the magic the women of Alma Kinan were weaving would seal up Kefka and the masked priest in a couple of minutes if they were not interrupted. She stood back up. She would give them the time they needed to complete the spell.

“Oh a stubborn one aren't you. You can be my test subject for my new spell.” said Kefka.

Kefka might be calling that a new spell, but Chris recognized The Shredding when she saw the blades of air coming at her. She could also see the web of magic forming the spell and that disoriented her enough that she was not able to avoid it and was slammed into one of the beams of metal as the blades of wind cut into her in several places. Why was this happening? She gritted her teeth and stood up again; just a few more moments and it would be over and hopefully her life wouldn't be over too.

“I hate, hate, hate annoying idiots who don't know when to give up. I will kill you slowly after I take back the magic you stole from me.”

Chris wasn't listening to him, the spell was finished. As the spell started to wrap around Kefka, the other two statues exploded. They didn't affect the web of the containment spell, but had other effects. As Chris fell unconscious she felt the sensation of movement.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
Templeton
Banned User

Re: fanfiction story "Suikoden Fantasy"

Post by Templeton »

What I liked about the story thus far is that it is an excellent attempt at explaining what might of happened after the Suikoden three events. You had an excellent idea for a rune (Front Gate Rune), however, I would watch what you say before declaring something true; what I would of done was made it something like a subordinate rune to the True Gate Rune rather then going all out with it.

And for obvious reasons I believe most of us would rather a more original concept other than mixing two titles such as Final Fantasy and Suikoden be used here. I like the general feel of the story and you should continue with it, except, well you still can leave Kefka from Final Fantasy 6 out of it for the sake of the Suikoden experience in this story.

I try my best to never use negative criticism and I'm sorry if it's at all offensive that I object to the use of Square Enix's own characters in a story which should be giving us a Suikoden like experience.

Thank you

Ryan.
tovath

Post by tovath »

Than you for Templeton for your reply and I promise that this story will give a Suikoden like experience (Well as close to one as some thing written in novel format can be), however I have plans for the Final Fantasy 6 characters :twisted: .

Now I need to correct couple of misperceptions. I am sorry for not making things clear enough. First this story does not take place after the events of Suikoden 3 it takes place during (and instead of) the second half of the game. Luc found the half of the Gate Rune that Windy had and decided to use that. I have doubled checked and her half of the Gate Rune has been called The Front Gate Rune.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

I thought about what I said, I believe in this case I should have just mentioned my positive remarks and left out the criticism of involving FF6, however, I had thought of how Luca Blight or some other dead character could of been the connector instead of Kefka.

Thank you

Ryan
tovath

Post by tovath »

That sounds like an interesting idea. Are you going to try to write it?
UberPendragon

Post by UberPendragon »

I dig the prologue, Maybe should worn people it's alternate universe to avoid the above confusion. I like the crossover because the magic systems of the two games lend themselves nicely to combining. Kefka is very well fleshed out. My only criticism is I wouldn't expect Chris to wait for combat advice from Nash, I imagine either he would attack and she would follow his lead or she would charge head first into combat as she's known to do. Also is Fred dead? I love Fred he's my favorite tank from S3, second favorite from the whole series. Either way it's a great start going to read on now :D
tovath

Post by tovath »

Glad you like the cross. I would like to speck with you about the magic system in PM.
UberPendragon wrote:My only criticism is I wouldn't expect Chris to wait for combat advice from Nash, I imagine either he would attack and she would follow his lead or she would charge head first into combat as she's known to do.
I hadn't thought it could be taken that way, thank you for pointing it out. I was going for more of a coordinating with allies bit right there.

I am afraid that Fred is quite dead. I had to kill someone to give the scene the right impact and I have plans for Chris and Nash so I couldn't kill them.