[Cancelled] new suikoden card game ideas

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
gilgamesh31
Banned User

[Cancelled] new suikoden card game ideas

Post by gilgamesh31 »

im thinking of making a card game/video game based on all 5 suikodens so far. each SOD would have there own card as well as creatures and bosses with the possibility of item/ rune cards as well.

not sure what kind of game perhaps simular to the card game in ff8 with the four numbers. i can do the artwork, i intend to make full body profile pictures of everyone but i would like to hear any input from the world of suikosource please :?:
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Nikisaur

Re: new suikoden card game

Post by Nikisaur »

I spent a sizeable portion of my childhood on cards in FF8. I'd be keen to see what you come up with ^.^
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

i think it would have to be characters and creatures, items and runes would probly overcomplicate it.
ill start with the 1st suikoden pictures. but i really dont know how to programe games, im just an artist is anyone interested in helping me?
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Did you look up to the "Suikoden Card Stories" title ? (you can learn about how to play here)
Imo, once translated this is a "ok game".
But you know drawing 108x5 require some determination!
And hmm... your work might become very similar to this!
I suppose that each characther could be tagged with his star of destiny name, but this can be very complicated.
_______

Anyway, before starting to draw your card, you might want to solve several questions:

What are you looking for? Do you want that each player play with serveral card in their hand from all suikoden characther(with enemy)? Do you want them to play in a specific timeline, or a specific place?

How long is a game? How do you win? (playing tactical, millitary recruitement, special ability(firespear/dragon/magic/ninja), race for building HQ, or mix?)

How many player can join the game? Free-for-all/team battle possible?
What is the minimal equipement to play the game? (card, dice, board... those are probably the cheapest(despite playing video game only), there can be an extansion pack for hardcore player as well)

Do you want something that work like a deck ie: magic, yu-gi oh, etc...?
Or something that allow player to start the game with both fair chance to win(might be less addicting)?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gilgamesh31 wrote:i think it would have to be characters and creatures, items and runes would probly overcomplicate it.
ill start with the 1st suikoden pictures. but i really dont know how to programe games, im just an artist is anyone interested in helping me?
http://www.ttadvance.ca/tutcardvalue.php

I guess it would be easiest to implement the cards in this game, even though I dont know if thats possible.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

wow thanks guys, i knew about card stories but i didnt know there was any for 3.

yes that link is excellent, thats the kinda game i have in mind. a grid of 9, my game would be like that but it would be more of a collect them all deal.

i estermate that all 5 and tactics heroes/villians and creatures will be about 1000 cards in total. i realize this is a task so i better get started

ive always collected cards since i was a kid but rarely played with the i have a basic understanting of Magic and pokemon but this and top trump style games have always been funner for me.

:mrgreen:
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

it seems like my ideas already been done on a few websites.

if you type "triple triad" into google a couple come up going up to no.3. they didnt draw new art though just nicked the portraits from the actual gameplay, but there all mixed in with final fantasy and other games it would be cool if someone made made a website just for suikoden cards but im no programmer.

ill still be drawing everyone, ill post some in the fan art section when im done.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

I remember from awhile back that a very talented Suikoden artist known as Sierra Chan provided me and the Suikoden community with avatar's of our favourite characters (mine being Templeton of course) and the style she chose for our characters resembled the Card Stories so well that I thought mine was a replica of some sort.

Anyways she was a talented Suikosource Resident Artist and if she can be tracked down (she was active in the European community) then you should request her help.

Thank you

Ryan.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

ive abandoned the card idea as its already been done it seems.
ive started a new project, as i like to character design i want to design the SOD for the SM succession war, HE rebellion and the 1st fire bringer war. im still collecting data at the moment of possible returning characters. i'll also be creating original characters it will take a while but it will be fun
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok if you have something please start a new topic