[RPG Maker] Suikoroku Gaiden Official Thread

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Antimatzist

Re: [RPG Maker] Suikoroku Gaiden Official Thread

Post by Antimatzist »

I can't extract it. It just stops. Anyone has the same problem?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Add me to that list. I'm almost getting suspicious about this.

Post by 727 »

It's because it was over 100 mb. I thought you couldn't pass 128 mb. I deleted some songs again. Hopefully nothing that is used. That is why the beta used to crash. I need to remember next time to keep track of what songs I use. I'm reuploading it at about 95 mb.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PFQ7CQ0
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

"File is unavailable"

Post by 727 »

It downloaded for me. Try again.

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Megaupload has sometimes problems with that. I download it now and tell you my opinion again.

PS: If you want to upload files larger than 100mb I think there was an ipload-thing for that too... But I don't know. try google.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I don't think there's a problem with MegaUpload with uploading stuff bigger than 100 Mb, i certainly remember downloading Roms from there which are over 100 Mb in size.

Post by 727 »

Rpg maker vx doesn't compress correctly if it's over 100 mb.

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok, my impressions:

The pictures in the intro sequence still don't have the same size always.

I don't think Kage would think so normally, in the games he was only for the profit and as soon as the contract ended he vanished and yould very well fight against his former employee imo. I'd say the contract between Jowy and Kage ended as soon as Highland ceased to exist.

Viktor is right when he says something is wrong: If you speak with a Zombie, you fight holly berries.

I don't think Edge is from kanakan, on gensopedia it says he's from a small village.

Also when does the game play? Direcly after S II, right? (or let's say some months) But this doesn't fit to the facts, Viktor and Flik meet Edge way after the Dunan-Highland war.

I couldn't play much more after that because the part with the Zombies is way to difficult imo. You don't have a lot of healing items (at leats I didnt have many) so I died pretty fast.

Post by 727 »

Yeah you should stock up on items and remember you can save anywhere. Plus your not supposed to fight them all. I made so many to make it really feel like they're overwhelmed. If you have items they arent hard. They are very slow and 2 chops takes them down.

Very little is known about edge's past so I took a few liberties.(Edge isn't a big part of the saga anyway. He's more of a cameo.) Kage doesn't have a contract with Jowy in this game so i'm not sure what your talking about there. Kage was about to get murdered so he reluctantly agreed. I don't think it was him so much thinking normally but moreso that he had no choice, he was being payed well, and he thinks that he can find a way to free Jowy. (Kage is a major character in the saga and you'll find out more about him as it progresses)

Make sure you stock up on items. This game is actually easy if you have items. I wanted to make it a little challenging. I plan to make the actual gameplay significantly better next episode but I thought the dungeon was decently mapped. The oasis shop is only one map away and it has everything you need. There are also a few spots within the dungeon that will completely restore your rune.

Here's a little spoiler about the major locales in future episodes.

Aug 10' Episode I- Kanakan
Oct 10' Episode II-Northern Falena(quiet village in mountains) but more detailed than kanakan
Jan 11' Episode III-Seika(will be similar to what you've played in suikoden I)
April 11' Episode IV-Stormfist(New map I'm designing based on suikoden V)
June 11' Episode V-Stormfist

That's my plan for now.

27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Then Edge is a child I sopose, because at the end of Suikoden II Edge was 3 years old.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S

Post by 727 »

I've been hearing from several forums that the game was okay until they got to the part with all the zombies. A lot of people are finding it too difficult and I find a growing sentiment that the gameplay isn't strong enough to support the story. If you'd like I could re-release it with each enemy being half as strong?

I can't do much about the core of the game. It was unorganized and poorly planned. I admit that. All I can do is fix it for the next game and ask you to bear with it because of the plot.
Even the plot could use some expanding on. The story is good but I don't think i maximized the potential in the way that I told it. Fortunately, the easiest part for the next episode will be improving character development so that you actually know who they are and how they feel because I feel like I held back.

There's good. There's bad. All I ask is that you stick with us because the best is yet to come. It may seem to some like more promises but I have optimism and I'm better prepared.

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sorry but you have a website or something? this thread seems to have become your game's HQ which we didn't want to have happen.

Post by 727 »

It's actually on a couple of forums. If episode II goes as well as I'm planning then I may make a website. I need to redeem myself first before I commit. I'm a bit disappointed in myself right now but it's necessary. When you're hungry, you want to eat that much more.

Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Let me just ask you something. You say, and i take this directly from your signature.

"I've made a direct sequel to Suikoden II that fills the gap between Suikoden II and III.
If you enjoy the game, please like US on facebook"

Who's us?