[Dead] Suikoden Game for RMXP

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine

Re: Suikoden Game for RMXP off to a great start

Post by 727 »

My game focuses on clearing up questions that were posed at the end of Suikoden 2 and even elaborates and expands on Suikoden III

Where is Windy? What happens to Jowy and Riou? Where did Viktor and Flik go? Why did Luc betray Leknaat? What was the higheast rebellion like?

It's gonna be good!
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Windy? Thats from Suikoden I, but yeah, there are lots of things open and cool to play with.

Good luck with your game.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S

Post by 727 »

I've come up with a way to connect every suikoden game in some way or another. Mostly suiko 1,2,3
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
KC_MCDOHL

Re: [Dead] Suikoden Game for RMXP

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Any updates for Jack Of All Trades game and/or 727's?
Dragoramzi

Post by Dragoramzi »

I am one of the members who was originally working on this Project and will be reviving the Project to have it completed. I am going to post a video on Youtube to let everyone know what we need and we are going to take baby steps to get it done, but hopefully we will be able to do the game a a communal effort.

I will be doing the game during the Succession war Just as Jack of All Trades Was and Will be posting information on my Video and on our website to let everyone know where we are on the project. It has been inert but far from dead. We just had as everyone before said commitment issues. I know my life was hectic and so was everyone else. If any of the original members get to read this or are interested in pursuing this on a smaller more manageable scale please Let me know.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I wish you the best of luck!
Dragoramzi

Suikoden Game for RMXP

Post by Dragoramzi »

Thanks, I am learning everything I don't remember about the series right now. I think a more appropriate term than reviving would be rebooting and starting fresh. I personally would love to see this story come to full fruition. Suikoden I was my favorite from the series and the setting is perfect for the story. Still trying to figure a timespan, I think from 446ish to 448 may be best but I know how influential Northwindow or the things that happened at that point. (Hence my research) Will Have YT video up tonight with everyone we will need but for now the primary concern is getting the story together and going in a decent direction. So if anyone has suggestions or questions please let me know or I can be emailed @ Jackaddison@gmail.com
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

Hey. I was the concept artist/face set artist for Jack's game. (Also can do some sprite work, mainly for character sets) I still have a lot of the original concepts handy. And I'm willing to jump right back in. I loved working on it with Jack and would love to help again as much as I can. So keep me posted on progress.
If this project actually gets going you can email me directly at liltim_@hotmail.com
Hope to work with you! Cheers!

-Yensoo
Long live Suikoden!
Trahison

Post by Trahison »

That's awesome news. What do you guys need right now? I'd love to help out! I don't have any programming or scripting skills but maybe there's something else I can do.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Okay, so here is the deal. I nuked the game and disappeared because we had almost nothing made. I'd plotted the entire game and I'd written a rough draft of the first act's dialogue but it never went further than that. Yensoo did a bunch of awesome concept work from the giant cast of characters I/we created and/or redesigned. I devoted every free minute of my time to this game and it wasn't nearly enough since I couldn't count on the people who were supposed to actually design the game.

Sure lots of graphics were ripped, some maps were made, there was even a little tiny battle engine demo but in the end it amounted to nothing more than an elaborate fan fiction. I was and still am completely interested in this project but I'm hesitant to believe that there are enough talented and interested people out there to make it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I would recommend you to take smaller steps, maybe focussing on a small demo first before trying to make the whole game. I know that these projects mostly hang on one person in the end, but I'd love to see it done, even in a smaller scale. Good luck!
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

if you want help from the suikosource community you need to get organized. give an overview of the tools you are using and draw up an outline of the tasks you need help accomplishing. since this is all fan work you should probably work first on finding a way to host all of the user created content so that anyone can access it and see your progress. if you can handle that much, i'd bet that there are plenty of people on these forums that will contribute to your project.
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

I'm in a much better situation to help out this time around as far as free time is concerned. (And even in my skills as an artist I hope haha) But I agree. We definately need some way to stay better organized online somehow. That way people arent left in the dark for long periods that want to do more. Cause I know for me personally, when I find time and inspiration to work on the project I would usually have a hard time getting ahold of someone that knew what needed to be done so I'd have something to do. But if we could have some sort of organized website with a big to-do list and the ability for everyone to somehow show what they're working on and keep track of overall progress I think it would keep everyone far more interested.
I'm still up for doing all the needed art in the game (120-130ish characters, cover art, promo stuff, etc) And can even do a bit of pixel art for spriting or whatever. But it's hard to know where to start without some good organization.
If no one else wants to I might even start looking in to some cheap website creation tools and see what I can come up with. But I think Brady might already be working on that.
Anyway, for whoever ends up being "in charge", just know I'm ready to help any time just tell me what to do. c:
Long live Suikoden!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Great to see this project being revived. Unfortunately, I won't have much time to help out. With enough to keep me busy in my personal life, most of my free energy is devoted to Suiko-campaigning. However, I could spread the word around and try and get people to help? That is, if you are all serious about reviving this project?
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

As of right now. I don't think it's happening. There is still no programmer. Which is probably the most essential part of the game. Please don't get overexcited.