Suikogaiden Translation Project

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
rin_uzuki

Suikogaiden Translation Project

Post by rin_uzuki »

Hello!

I'm putting together a team to translate and make an English patch for Suikogaiden 1. :3
Currently we have ripped versions of Suikogaiden 1 & 2, about four translators (including myself) and we're looking for people who can help with the technical aspects of things--extracting the script so we can actually begin translating it, and then adding the English to game to create the final patch. It's a lot of work, so I'm hoping we can get the help of a number of techies, to divide it all up and not have to depend on just one person. XD This is our website for the project;

http://www.freewebs.com/ramsus-kun/Suikogaiden/Home.htm

If anyone can help out in any way whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact us! <3
You may say, "this's already been tried" and "you're doomed to fail!" (hey now!) but even if it takes us three years, I think we can do this. Especially if as many people help out as possible! So... all volunteers are exceedingly welcome! <3 Anything from translating to checking translations for errors to helping with the technical stuff---we'll take all the help we can get! XD
Runemaster

Re: Suikogaiden Translation Project

Post by Runemaster »

Cool! exciting.....

I dunnow how to help, dunnow anything of those thingies.. sorry..

Um..Is this legal? Don't get me wrong, just asking. no offense meant.
Anyway, thank you for doing these things.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Author

Post by Author »

*hugs Rin*

I'VE BEEN ADVERTISING YOU IN MY SIG XD

Sadly, I am currently burning brain calories in school and have no way to support but ask for support for those who can support...

The team needs 108 members D:

And it's somewhat (o.o) legal since no one is getting any money or whatsoever. It's not like anyone's going to lose anything since there's no English version of it nor can we read Jap ._.

Not sure if this was the right forum thos n-n;
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

No, doing a patch of Suikogaiden probably isn't legal, just as scanslating manga isn't legal. But in the same vein of thought, I don't think that Konami or anyone else is ever going to do an English release of Suikogaiden--so why don't we? :D Hopefully there won't be any issues with konami and legal stuff... >x< If they want us to take our patch down, I figure we can probably still keep the translated script up. Which isn't nearly as exciting, lol, but it's something.

I'm so glad you've been advertising the project! However... who are you? (sorry, but you haven't got a name, and I wouldn't want to voice my guess just based on your style of writing. :p) Oops, and was this the wrong forum to post in? I thought it seemed right, since it's Suikogaiden and all. :3

And this team totally does need 108 members!! So let's get people to help out! XD
*calls techies with telepathic powers*
Last edited by rin_uzuki on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author

Post by Author »

I'm a recent fan who found your page ^^ I commented in your guestbook but would rather not reveal my name there here xD Just call me Author, lol.

Well, the forum is about Suikogaiden too, haha.

I guess it isn't legal, but it's definitely illegal if someone would earn from it.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

o0o0ohh... Konami must understand. Not all Suiko fans know Japanese. Besides, if they won't make a move for it, we (actually, you guys ^_^) will!!!!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Yeah, we're certainly not going to charge anything for our English patch of the game (what would be the point of that?) and nobody who's doing any work on it is getting paid either, so I don't think we'll have any issues in that line of legality. :D

In good news, we've got our first technical volunteer!!
He's working on getting the script extracted at the moment and I expect it'll take awhile (the technical stuff is all over my head) but once it has been, I'll contact all the translators who've volunteered and we'll begin work. :3 Man, this is so exciting!

However, we still need more techies to help out with the final patching, once the translations done. I don't want to shove all the work on the one guy we've currently got (<--who's absolutely fabulous for volunteering XD ) so if anyone who wants to do technical work or translation work still wants to help out, you can still volunteer during the next few months. I expect this's going to be a pretty long project, so there's not really a deadline for... uh, applications, I suppose. Application isn't really the right word--what I mean is, even if this thread gets super old and it looks like the project's died or something we're probably just still working away on all the details, so don't hesitate to contact me. :D I'll also be updating the Suikogaiden Translation Project website, so that'll be a source of information too. :3
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

I have a feeling that this is going to be famous and epic.
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Heh! Well, it all does seem to be coming along smoothly... XD
We're still on the lookout for people who want to help with the final patching process. Hopefully it'll be something that anyone can do--they don't have to be particularly technically inclined, but... I guess we wont know until we get there! :3
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

Sweet =D How is this going? Any updates?
When I die, I want to go like my grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the people in the backseat.
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

The Suikogaiden Translation Project's going great!

We've gotten the script extracted, and a chunk of translated script has been posted both in the Suikogaiden forum and on the website itself, in the translation section. Anyone who's interested is welcome to suggest revisions or corrections to the script--post 'em in the translation section of the forum! <3

We've also gotten translators for 3 out of 4 of the chapters, and we're all working hard. :D (I'm translating away at chapter 1, woohoo!!) So I'd say we're making very good progress, and we're on a steady roll. XD
kaichama

Post by kaichama »

Ganbatte for ur project! I've open that site (before register to this suikosource lol) I wait for ur update ^^
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Thank you! We've been crazily busy lately, it being September and all... hopefully once school dies down again we can keep making progress like we have been. XD
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I just want to say you kids are making me incredibly happy, but in what format do you intend to release it. Will I have to mod my ps1, use an emulator, or will you guys just make it playable directly on the pc?
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

You'll have to use an emulator. We'll just be releasing the English patch, and to avoid legal issues as much as possible we're going to keep it to just the patch being released from our site--if other people want to throw together other ways to play the English version Suikogaiden though, we're not going to stop you, that's for sure. :D