Suikogaiden Translation Project

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
rin_uzuki

Re: Suikogaiden Translation Project

Post by rin_uzuki »

And I salute you back, good sir! *a little teary-eyed*
Fantastic that your doing this, proud of u all.
Thank you again! I cannot express in words how much your support and the support of everyone else who's been with us so far means to me.

So I guess we'll have to express it by sticking with this thing until it's done! XD
ViktorTheBear

Post by ViktorTheBear »

Oh my oh my, I still have an ISO of this game, It came from original disc and copy it to my hardrive waiting for someone like you do a english patch... Thank you very very much :)
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

You're very welcome!
We've made a lot of progress! We're currently at almost 75% completion of the rough English translation. X3 It's taken us a couple of years to get this far, and it may take us a couple more to finish, but it sure feels nice! <3

Believe you me, I'm looking forward to seeing this in English as much as you are! :D Heh... hopefully our dream will become a reality!
ViktorTheBear

Post by ViktorTheBear »

I can wait. At last I can finally play this game. Thanks Again
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Thanks rin this is a very good idea and will serve as an excellent platform for any future projects as well.

I'll contribute by adding your forums to the Universal Suikoden Forums Encyclopedia as well.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 42#p109342

Thank you

Ryan
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Oh! Thanks a lot, Templeton! I really appreciate you helping to support the project like this! :3

I'm happy to report that we're still making pretty good progress. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say! :D
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I'm just wondering if this is still going to happen? :D
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, on their homepage they say they still work on it, so.. yeah, eventually it will happen.
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Hey! To answer your question, yeah, we're definitely still working hard on Suikogaiden 1, and we've even begun some work on Suikogaiden 2! We're more than 75% through SG1's translation, though we have a long way to go on the technical front. Hopefully we can resolve some of those issues in the days to come...

Thank you for your continued support and interest! You can always check our progress by visiting either the website (which does have issues with hosting sometimes) or the forums:

http://ramsus-kun.webs.com/Suikogaiden/Home.htm
http://suikogaidentranslation.freeforum ... 6ccc660b89

We've also set up a Wiki we hope to use well! (For SG2 if not SG1.)
http://suikogaiden.wikispaces.com/

Thank you again!
We'll give it our all!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

75% sounds cool, also that you startet SG2! (I am still waiting patiently for Card Stories translation even though you dont plan to do it :D)

What technical problems do you have?
Luke

Post by Luke »

@ rin_uzuki:
I follow daily your website, for the bulletin board of the news.
You and the other guys working on this project are doing an amazing job, thank you very much for making this dream come true.
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Aw, thank you both so much! All of your support is really important to us and encourages us to keep doing our very best!! (I'm working more on SG1's chapter 3 today! Whoo!)

Well, I'm not in the technical division, so I'm not in the know-how, but it seems our team has yet to really dive deep into the problems of patching a PS1 game, which appear to be as wide and varied as the day is long. Once we finish the entire script for SG1, though, we plan to start looking for as much help as we can get for the technical aspect of things, since we figure a completed script might inspire those who wouldn't normally want to put time into such a project. And, well, at least we'll have the translation part completed!
radynaraya

Post by radynaraya »

nice job for keeping good progress in this job .
can i give you some suggestion: opening some google document of SG2 japanese script who people can freely translate it,
so you can get many people, people who knew little japan languange, helping you translate it, and edit and correct it together. it will be faster, right?
someone like me who willing to learn japanese but only knew a little about japanese, if everyone who like me joined together

(i think there are many suikoden fan in the world right), it will help cut the time for your group too. :D
rin_uzuki

Post by rin_uzuki »

Hello!

Thank you! We're continuing to work hard, and give it our all!!

I don't know very much about Google Documents (though I use it for many of my own translations), but that sounds like an interesting proposition... I would definitely consider giving it a go if I knew more about the subject and had interested people on hand. As it is, I'll definitely keep your idea under consideration!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

For the record, I have contacted their project manager to assist in the project(attaching 1 file of how I would go about a translation check and if they'd like to me to proceed in that manner), but have not received a response in 24 hours. If I do not receive a response within a week, I am dropping this and considering joining the Valkyria Chronicles 3 localization effort.

This is a huge commitment, so if I want to contribute at all, I'm either going all in, or not bothering at all.