Orange Box & Portal

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Orange Box & Portal

Post by Oppenheimer »

Has anyone bought this? I'm not a big fan of FPS but 5 games for the price of one? How you beat that! Especially since I haven't played Half-life 2 or anything so they're all new for me.

But, more importantly, how awesome is Portal? Is it not the funniest game ever? It's so great on so many levels. I wish more games had a sense of humour like it does.

Does anyone play Team Fortress 2? I've never played online FPS before. I was thinking that since I already bought it I could try it out. But I know nothing about how to do it. Do you have to have a microphone and talk to people? I don't have one on my computer. Plus, I doubt I want to be talking to perfect strangers. Can you just type stuff? Any explanation for the inexperienced would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go in there and just be a burden.
Black Knight Yuber

Re: Orange Box

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

I have bought this game and quite frankly, it's not that bad. I did play Half Life 2 for X-Box and figured the Orange Box set had more to give. The extra HL episodes are a nice edition, but the Portal game is whack! Creating a portal on the ground and on ceiling, it seemed as if you fell forever. Of course I had a better time playing it high.

TF2 is OK, but you got to have XBox Live if you want to actually kill someone. Which nobody seems to have love for the bots anymore. You might experience some lag & glitches, but what else are you going to expect playing live?
Deathrace King
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I got it for the PC but I'm assuming that you can still play online and all that. Do you use a headset through Xbox-live to talk to your team-mates? Can you play versus people on the PC or do you only play against other x-box users?
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Oh, I thought you had it for the 360. I have the Xbox version you pretty much play against other 360 users and you can talk to other people to communicate quicker. I just go in and piss people off just for laughs, so I don't talk to anyone. Most of them talk alot of BS anyways.

Pretty much it's Half Life & Portal for me.
Deathrace King
Jorge Prima

Post by Jorge Prima »

Team Fortress 2 is my favorite game at the moment. Unfortunately, I have it for the XBox...

For those who don't know anything about TF2, the "Meet The Team" videos is a good way to get some perspective on what the game is about.

http://www.teamfortress.com/movies.htm

Oh and for those of you who are interested, Meet the Spy was leaked on the youtube... and its Godly.
XIII

Post by XIII »

I picked up my copy of Orange Box for the PS3 for about $13 (Clearance sale xD)

Although I enjoy Half-Life and Portal, I got really annoyed with TF2 because of the constant lag and annoying people playing only to talk trash. Orange Box was poorly made for the PS3, kinda disappointed but 5 games for less than $15, that's good enough for me lol

Hopefully I would have enough money soon to be able to purchase TF2 for the PC
MechMedic

Post by MechMedic »

I have Orange Box for PC and I LOVE it. Best value for game ever. Half Life 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Portal as well is one of the best puzzle games I've ever played, if only it was longer. Try playing the harder levels once you beat it the first time, holy crap they are tough.

As for TF2, I play it very regularly, its probably the main reason I bought the Box. Be careful about which servers you play on, since the wrong servers can really ruin the experience. IMO, Goldrush, Dustbowl and Hydro are the best maps, and the best servers to play on are hlstatx tracked maps since thats where most of the serious players play. So much fun though especially if you play on the same couple servers, or like me I pretty much play on one single server now, and get to know some other players.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Orange Box is friggin' awesome! I have it for the 360, although I only play Half-Life.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The Orange Box is friggin' awesome! I have it for the 360, although I only play Half-Life.
Hells yeah! Absolute godsend for me. I originally bought Half Life 2 when it first came out, only for it not to work on my PC. Thankfully this came along.

Now all Valve have to do is finish Episode 3. Not that I'm holding my breath.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, where is that damn thing?
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Yeah, where is that damn thing?
Rotting in development hell most likely.
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Well they wouldn't want it to confict with the release of L4D2 I suppose. Or L4D3 when it comes out a year later... If the L4D2 logo is just the L4D logo with two fingers miss bent down, then what's the L4D4 logo gonna look like? Actually they'll probably just name it something different like Left 4 Dead: Xtreme Legends.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Orange Box & Portal

Post by Oppenheimer »

So Portal 2 is out today. I played the first 15 minutes on my lunch and am loving it. Anyone else have it?
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Orange Box & Portal

Post by thcrock »

I do! I'm on chapter 6 right now. Crazy stuff a-happening. Most of the puzzles so far have been easy but a few took me a while.