Final Fantasy VII anyone?

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
suikokid2

Final Fantasy VII anyone?

Post by suikokid2 »

I know this is random but does anyone here love some FF7? <3 Anyone got any save files for the game?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Final Fantasy VII anyone?

Post by wataru14 »

It came out when I was in college, so it basically ruled my entire Sophomore year. I haven't played it since then, though. I am not quite as excited about the remake as many others are since I detest real-time combat. With a very small list of exceptions (Dragon Age) for me it's turn-based or nothing.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm curious about the remake but skeptical that they'll do it justice.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Haven't played it in ages. Does the new version really need that much of an overhaul? Surely it would have been fine if they just made an exact copy with updated graphics. I mean the gameplay was just fine, it's just the ugly stumpy polygons that need changing.

I would love a Suikoden 1 remake, and I would love a Suikoden game with real time combat, but I would rather have it as a spin off and any remakes to still have turn based.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

wataru14 wrote:It came out when I was in college, so it basically ruled my entire Sophomore year. I haven't played it since then, though. I am not quite as excited about the remake as many others are since I detest real-time combat. With a very small list of exceptions (Dragon Age) for me it's turn-based or nothing.
Are you me? XD

Well, my story is basically the same, is a game I loved back then. I moderately enjoyed the movie and some of the spinoffs, but its been a while since I started to believe: "Its time to let it die"

At a certain point at the beginning of the PS3 life I was excited about the possibility of a remake, but I am talking about an "ideal remake" in my head, that is, exactly the same game, but with nowdays graphics. But I knew if some day we would actually had one, it would probably be shoot with too many changes over the original...as always, I hate to be right.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

FF 7 was fun but the story was so convoluted and the method to acquire certain unique items is so crazy i'd rather not try to do it again. i replayed the PC version many years back, but it's really tough to want to get into such a huge and confusing (and strict when it comes to completing/acquiring certain things) game again.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, when I first played it, I was in Jr High School I think. Truth be told I only played it through the one time. Though as luck would have it, I just picked it up on Steam a little more than a week ago, so, that marks an occasion to try it out and complete it again.

I did not like it as much as FF VI, but I did like the characters, even if the plot is, as others have said, a bit hard to follow.

I am not looking forward to the remake either, as, well, Square is. . . how can I put this diplomatically? uh. . . completely incompetent when it comes to their older games and their re-releases. This Steam PC release is reasonable I hear. It adds skipping random encounters and some other methods to reduce grinding, while still remaining more-or-less true to the original.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I have recently started playing this old timer for the first time. Got to say, I had no prior knowledge before playing of any element of the game apart from knowing that Cloud was the protagonist and Sephiroth the opposite.

I am really enjoying the gameplay and the story (at the prison at time of writing this). I will be honest though, it took me until 8 hours in to figure out that you could escape battles...
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've given in and bought the remake. But first I'm replaying the original! I was just gonna play the Midgar section, but now I'm probably gonna keep going until at least the end of disk 1 before starting the remake.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I played the original about 3 or 4 years ago and thought it was great. I've been contemplating on getting the remake for a while now. Not sure if should though. I heard it got good reviews.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I still haven't played remake yet! I'm still playing the original. Took a couple of months off to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Now I'm trying to breed a gold chocobo. Got my black male, just need to catch a wonderful female.

I also won some accessories to download on Remake from Batchelor's Super Noodles.

Should I watch Advent Children?