Final Fantasy VII anyone?

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
suikokid2

Final Fantasy VII anyone?

Postby suikokid2 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:46 am

I know this is random but does anyone here love some FF7? <3 Anyone got any save files for the game?

wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Final Fantasy VII anyone?

Postby wataru14 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:44 pm

It came out when I was in college, so it basically ruled my entire Sophomore year. I haven't played it since then, though. I am not quite as excited about the remake as many others are since I detest real-time combat. With a very small list of exceptions (Dragon Age) for me it's turn-based or nothing.

Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Postby Oppenheimer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm curious about the remake but skeptical that they'll do it justice.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 am

Haven't played it in ages. Does the new version really need that much of an overhaul? Surely it would have been fine if they just made an exact copy with updated graphics. I mean the gameplay was just fine, it's just the ugly stumpy polygons that need changing.

I would love a Suikoden 1 remake, and I would love a Suikoden game with real time combat, but I would rather have it as a spin off and any remakes to still have turn based.

Neclord X

Postby Neclord X » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:26 pm

wataru14 wrote:It came out when I was in college, so it basically ruled my entire Sophomore year. I haven't played it since then, though. I am not quite as excited about the remake as many others are since I detest real-time combat. With a very small list of exceptions (Dragon Age) for me it's turn-based or nothing.

Are you me? XD

Well, my story is basically the same, is a game I loved back then. I moderately enjoyed the movie and some of the spinoffs, but its been a while since I started to believe: "Its time to let it die"

At a certain point at the beginning of the PS3 life I was excited about the possibility of a remake, but I am talking about an "ideal remake" in my head, that is, exactly the same game, but with nowdays graphics. But I knew if some day we would actually had one, it would probably be shoot with too many changes over the original...as always, I hate to be right.

Return to “Other Games Discussion”