FF7 remake on PS4

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
sticky-runes

Re: FF7 remake on PS4

Post by sticky-runes »

Seriously, why do people get a lisp when they say Aeris??
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

BrucePrintscreen wrote: The worst thing about FF7 is Squaresoft: they can't stop themselves from being super fashionable and bombastic. Also, they are very Japanese, which is not a problem in Japan, but does not always translate very well (as opposed to what we constantly say about Suikoden not being too overly Japanese and thus easily appreciated by people from other cultures). FF7 would have been a near perfect game if made with more humility, and it would have been even better for Western audiences if the authors had been a bit less ethnocentered.
I agree in almost everything except...that is true for later Square games, FF7 was nearly perfect as it was, what was bad was they continued milking it and became more and more "Japanese" like you say.

But to be fair that's not just something that happened with Square is something all the JRPG and to a certain degree fighting games suffered too. At first they had some japanese/manga influence but with time they all become more and more Japanese until reached a point where the appealing to western audience lowered. Man, I'm wapanese with 800 anime watched in my back and I can't deal with how Japanese game are, if I want to watch an anime I watch an anime, not play an RPG. Probably Japan is the only ones that can enjoy Idols in fighting games. :D

I won't be pretentious and won't say I know the market more tan the Japanese game producers, but...I think is beyond doubt that in the last deacade western games won a lot of terrain, and may be I'm wrong but I think is in part because japanese games gradually became more and more oriented towards the Japanese audiences.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Well it indeed seems like Japanese editors pretty much gave up on exports. Then again, Japan is a huge market for videogames in itself so you don't necessarily need to seek international sales, I guess.

It's too bad because the Japanese feeling of anime-like art and typically nippon influence is actually very appealing, exotic, different, and familiar in the same time because it's been around since people of my (our?) generation were kids. But when they overdo it, it's like trying to sell an untranslated French comedies from the seventies to a Japanese teenager - I'd love such a movie because I speak that language and grew up partially there but I would not pretend it's enjoyable by everyone else without a serious work adaptating it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I'll just hope they put the resources on what really matters and don't do things like this...

Look 4:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqxNNkSPa0

I mean, who needs summonings when you can have an hyperrealistic fish dish, right, right?
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Neclord X wrote:I'll just hope they put the resources on what really matters and don't do things like this...

Look 4:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqxNNkSPa0

I mean, who needs summonings when you can have an hyperrealistic fish dish, right, right?
I watchted the entire video and I can't understand the point of that level of realism... I mean, just go fishing for real then, just go to a fish restaurant, don't play a videogame... It creepily reminds me of stuff like second life and whatever. Aren't games supposed to be about escapism? When it mimicks real life to that extent it looks creepy and sad.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

http://nichegamer.com/2015/11/nobuo-uem ... ii-remake/

Honestly, I don't really know how important is it since the original soundtrack can be rearranged (again) without him but is someway disturbing not even him wants to do anything with this reamke.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Video and Little gameplay

https://youtu.be/zPoOWVhSgys

Its...a nice movie I guess
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Active time combat? What is that crap? Come on, Square, either turn-based or GTFO.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's supposed to have some tactical elements and is not entirely action based. Either way, I don't care, this looks brilliant. I wouldn't want the same FF VII only with ncier graphics, a reimagination is perfect. And this will be one.

But I think they vaguely announced an episodic format for it already which sucks but well. I'm not a big FF VII fan, but this + FF XV maybe are enough reason to get a PS4 at some point.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote:I wouldn't want the same FF VII only with ncier graphics
In my case that's exactly what I wanted, but I knew wouldn't be that way so I can't say I'm surprised.

Still I can't really understand, SE had the two top selling RPG franchises DQ and FF, and since they decided "modernize" their franchises company almost gone bankrupt. FFXII didn't sell as well as FFX, FFXIII was at 20 bucks a couple of month after reléase, FFXIV needed 3 complete reworks before start working and lately DQX bombed hard (DQIX that is turn based on DS on the other hand did well), Bravely Default however did pretty good so...what the hell made them think replacing turns was a good idea!? :shock:
Antimatzist wrote:But I think they vaguely announced an episodic format
I guessed that too in the very moment they announced the remake.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The games still sell well and you can hardly compare a MMORPG (which is measured by its monthly useres, not sales) with a normal RPG. And Bravely Default did okay for what it is.

I don't knowy why I should play the same FF VII again in other graphics. I like the original style, even more than FF VIII which aged horribly. FF VII is abstract, I like that.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote:I don't knowy why I should play the same FF VII again in other graphics. I like the original style, even more than FF VIII which aged horribly. FF VII is abstract, I like that.
Rest assure, you certainly will play a different game, in several fascicules.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

It looks like Resident Evil 6.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

I think ff7 remake is going to suck. My ff7 remake will be better :)
http://gamejolt.com/games/final-fantasy ... ame-follow
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

In a recent inteview with the game Producer and Tetsuya Nomura they said
current social trends necessitate prudence when it comes to reproducing the events in the original”
So...we have, sold by separate, new battle action RPG system aaaand censoring! YAY! All my predictions came true.

Don't want to be obnoxious but what's the point of remaking it if you are removing all the memorable things that made us want a remake in first place? I just don't understand.