Resident Evil Revelations 2

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
sticky-runes

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Post by sticky-runes »

Any body had a go at this yet?

I downloaded the first episode today. My thoughts so far....

The graphics are bad. PS1 quality.

Two major characters have returned who I have missed tremendously from the series - Claire Redfield and Barry Burton. They are the main reasons I've decided to play this game. If it had been another Leon or Chris game I totally would not have bothered.

Unfortunately, the character designs are hideous. Claire looks like a tranny.

Character switching (à la RE zero) has returned, which is pretty good, as at least now we can make use of the partner's personal abilities, instead of just putting up with them following us around.

I thought the partner AI was really bad, but it turns out you have to unlock Claire and Barry's ability to fight when they are in AI mode.

Enemies aren't terribly exciting or original, but are at least more zombie like than the enemies we had in the first Revelations game.

Thankfully the old inventory system has made a comeback. Lots of combining different items, and the ability to create your own explosive weapons by filling bottles with stuff, instead of just using regular grenades.

Barry's daughter Moira is a mouthy little bitch who drops the F-bomb every two seconds and slags her dad off every 5 seconds and calls him "Barry" instead of "Dad". Cheer up, you miserable twat, you're the daughter of the best character in the first RE game.
sticky-runes

Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2

Post by sticky-runes »

No biters? Oh well, screw ya, I'll carry on the topic any way.

I got the good ending this week (first time I finished it I got the bad ending) and I've got to say I'm impressed that Capcom bothered to come up with alternative endings for this game, as 4, 5 and 6 were totally linear.

I've had a change of heart towards Moira Burton. We do get an explanation of why she resents her father and why things are difficult between the two of them, and her swearing and nagging becomes kind of endearing after a while.

I LOVED how the game let us explore more of Barry's fatherly side. His concern for his daughter and the bond he forms with the young girl Natalia are very strong points for the game.

We get lots of references towards Barry's famous lines from the very first game. It's comedy, but it works well. The scene where he takes out his magnum for the special boss fight at the end deserves to be recognized as one the series' most epic moments.

The major villain, Alex Wesker, kind of sucks. Even though she's got the same voice as our Kika in Suikoden 4 and Tactics. I got bored of Albert Wesker a long time ago, and having his surviving relatives pop up in games since his death just seems very tacky and uninspired. And why give her the name Alex? Did they forget that there was already a female villain named Alexia in Code Veronica? Alexia was far more interesting. But these narcissistic villains popping up in RE games trying to shape the world into their image or whatever has become dull. They need to stop that if they are going to continue/finish the series. No more Weskers.

And I really do miss Alyson Court as Claire Redfield. :cry:
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Does this game still have tank like controls ?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

No its the same type of controls from 5 with the over-the-shoulder camera.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

that's good to know.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've heard some people complaining about the controls not being as fluid or something as re4, but i never really played re4 because I think Leon Kennedy is a twat, but i never had any problems playing revelations 2.