Turn based RPGs for Wii/gamecube

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Punkaiser

Turn based RPGs for Wii/gamecube

Post by Punkaiser »

I need your suggestions again. So far, I've only found Skies of arcadia and Arc rise fantasia, what else do you think I should try?
Xenoblade isnt a TBRPG but there are so many positive feedbacks about it, probably worth a shot as well?
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Turn based RPGs for Wii/gamecube

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Tales of Symphonia is a great one as well, even though its not a TBRPG. I don't like action RPGs like Kingdom Hearts, but ToS is great
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

There are Fire Emblem games for Gamecube and Wii, although I am unsure how they compare to the GBA versions. Even though I own them (haven't played them yet! They were my brother's). He enjoyed them though! ^-^
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There are tons of old RPGs in the Wii-Shop, so you could get some classics you have previously missed out.

Xenoblade is good. Haven't played Last Story yet so I don't know if it might be turn-based or not, but it is good, too, from what I've heard.

And then there is not that much. If you're into dating sims, get Sakura Wars. The RPG/Battle portion is rather small, though.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

thank you all!
@AntiM The last story is action based and quite a short game.
Guess I won't enjoy sakura wars, it gives out the vibe of another persona 3/4 style from your description.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Nikisaur wrote:There are Fire Emblem games for Gamecube and Wii, although I am unsure how they compare to the GBA versions. Even though I own them (haven't played them yet! They were my brother's). He enjoyed them though! ^-^
I'm currently playing Path Of Radiance (the GameCube iteration) and really enjoying it. Very good tactical RPG series.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Punkaiser wrote:thank you all!
@AntiM The last story is action based and quite a short game.
Guess I won't enjoy sakura wars, it gives out the vibe of another persona 3/4 style from your description.
It has even less RPG mechanics. There are really few fights, the game has like 6 chapters and there are 2-3 fights every chapter, but this makes them more intense.
The dating sim part is a matter of taste.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I don't mind the side stuff as mini games or dating sim even if they become mandatory at some points, but overall they should stay as spices to bring the game some extra flavors, just please don't become the main course, that role reserves to the battles.
catfriedrice

Post by catfriedrice »

If you don't mind a Final Fantasy thats DLC loaded, FFIV The After Years is not bad on Wiiware