Warhammer

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Warhammer

Post by Oppenheimer »

So I got bit by the modeling bug while I was over in Scotland and stopped by a Games Workshop. I've spent far too much money on the Island of Blood pack, a bunch of scenery and now a ton of Vampire Counts stuff. I've been putting them together and painting them. I'm finding it quite fun even though I haven't played many games yet.

Has anyone else gotten into Warhammer stuff?
Hirathien

Re: Warhammer

Post by Hirathien »

I had some Warhammer stuff once, never could get myself to paint it though.

I do like the Warhammer 40k games though, the digital ones that is.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I never played when I was younger but I loved looking at the painted miniatures in the stores and in White Dwarf magazine. I'm also currently playing Space Marine on my PS3 and really enjoying it. Loved the Dawn Of War games too.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

My elder brother used to collect it, so I started at a young age (8?) with lizardmen. From time to time, my interest in the hobby rose again. Later, I started Bretons because I liked the backstory and some of the models.

Unfortunately, I never had anyone to play with except for my brother (who moved away so I only get to see him once every few weeks), so the interest altogether vanished some months ago. The hobby is just to expensive to do it just for fun.

But the models etc have made a rise in quality compared to 10 years ago which is amazing.

I really do like Blood Bowl though and still have a team and hope to play it one day with some people (I'll maybe work at the pchysical-chemistry institute at my university and there are tons of nerds there :D), the game ist just sooo much fun. I know, I could play it via fumbble, but want to play the actual game, not on the computer.