The Definitive Resident Evil

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Hirathien

Re: The Definitive Resident Evil

Post by Hirathien »

Haha, oh boy. Survivor, never thought I'd hear that being mentioned again.. Ever! Such a below par game it's ludicrous. Poor Vincent only got one game to be in, that I know of anyway.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, I am gonna have to disagree here. The GameCube REmakes are very pretty and add some new stuff, but you miss out on the incredibly bad and hilarious voice acting and digitized FMVs from the first game. I might just be a sucker for nostalgia here, but Resident Evil 1 without Barry tagging along saying things like: "Hmm A Dining Room" when we walk into the dining room, and "Jill sandwich" just isn't the same.

The early games just had that B-movie charm about them, all the way up through RE4.

Though, I do know that there is a RE collection available for the PS3 containing: Original RE1 (Director's Cut), RE2, RE3: Nemesis, RE4 (HD, with trophies), RE5 Gold Edition, and RE6.

Which would not be too bad.

RE 4 has had the largest number of iterations: Game Cube, PS2, Wii, and PS3/PSN. Personally, I prefer the PSN version for its trophies and HD graphics, which once inside the castle are simply lovely. But many people like the Wii version for the motion-control shooting. The choice is yours.

Also, Resident Evil Code Veronica was supposed to be the official third game in the series, but due to contractual obligations, Sony demanded a third numbered sequel from Capcom. Thus Nemesis was made, and Code Veronica became the "spin-off." The PSN version of Code Veronica X is great though, again with trophies and some slightly improved graphics.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Very detailed reply Rooks thanks.