Tokyo Game Show 2012

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Tokyo Game Show 2012

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

For anything TGS related.

Capcom shows new Megaman X game (!!!) For iOS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=1OgKFdtk4_0

There might be as much as 4 seconds of gameplay in that trailer(!).

Oh Capcom... just when you think you can't get any worse you lower the bar once again.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

Post by LanceHeart »

It's not a Mega Man X game. It's a whole new "series" that seems to blend all of the different existing series: Rockman Xover

It's also a freemium social game, coming out worldwide.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Oh Capcom... just when you think you can't get any worse you lower the bar once again.
Except that Capcom also balanced out that trash with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWT8KNQr1co
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Xelinis wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote:Oh Capcom... just when you think you can't get any worse you lower the bar once again.
Except that Capcom also balanced out that trash with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWT8KNQr1co
+ the Layton x Wright Trailer!
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yeah, Capcom does not seem to care about the Blue Bomber anymore. . . All he gets is an iOS game with a split second of gameplay footage. The new DMC does not look too bad, though the music is annoying "mall-core" style music. Essentially for people that think hanging out at Hot Topic makes them cool. The problem with DMC is that it is all about the gameplay, and without a working Demo, there is no way to tell if it is going to be good or not.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Xelinis wrote:Except that Capcom also balanced out that trash with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWT8KNQr1co
We'll see. It does look good, but simply having Phoenix back to his old self is not enough, the problem with AA4 wasn't just Apollo as the main and turning Phoenix into a bum, it was that it offered absolutely no closure on what happened to anyone else from 1-3 and expected you to just swallow the whole new storyline as is.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the half second of megaman/X getting hit was the worst mega man in-game animation i have ever seen. my wife is in japan right now and she's checking out TGS tomorrow!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Xelinis wrote:Except that Capcom also balanced out that trash with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWT8KNQr1co
We'll see. It does look good, but simply having Phoenix back to his old self is not enough, the problem with AA4 wasn't just Apollo as the main and turning Phoenix into a bum, it was that it offered absolutely no closure on what happened to anyone else from 1-3 and expected you to just swallow the whole new storyline as is.
Yeah, I just hope the new game wraps that up. But I think AA4 was the best game, gameplay-wise. I guess that's because it was the first that was developed for the DS (even the new case in AA1 wasn't as good imo). I have great expectations for AA5 and hope the release Investigations 2 then, too. I liked the first.

And this new Megaman, wow, what did they smoke? I didn't play a lot games of the series - some of the first, X, and even some of these GBA-network-games which have a totally different style, and I liked them all somehow. But this could be the nail to the coffin of a really nice series.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I hope people understand that Rockman Xover is literally a fanservice, social, freemium mobile game. I'd be extremely surprised if Capcom thinks this could ever be a series or should be taken seriously. By mixing the original and Battle Network universes, the game is essentially crossing over realities as well as time.
Formerly known as: Gothann
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

so nothing about Suikoden? Man, capcom really sucks these days
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

While I agree that capcom sucks these days, what does that have to do with no Suikoden news? :?
PSN: FreshMetal80
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

freshmetal wrote:While I agree that capcom sucks these days, what does that have to do with no Suikoden news? :?
lol your right, I confused Capcom with Konami.

I guess its more accurate to say "no Suikoden news? TGS sucks"
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Capcom had the the most impressive floor, they went all out with their DMC and Phoenix Wright-court room booths.

As for Konami, MG Revengeance was the highlight.