Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion slightly Suikoden inspired

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
LanceHeart

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion slightly Suikoden inspired

Post by LanceHeart »

First off, gotta say that I'm already interested in the game regardless of the change in general genre. However, I liked this little bit in a report (Nintendo Power based) about the game:
Nadia Oxford, About.com Guide wrote:As a final declaration of oldschool love, every character that Mickey saves in Power of Illusion will take up residence in the fortress that Mickey uses as his home base, a confirmed nod to the esteemed Suikoden RPG series. Sometimes you find references in the unlikeliest of places, but that's part of what makes video games fun. Right?
I got that from here: http://ds.about.com/b/2012/03/26/epic-m ... -power.htm

It's a nice nod. I'd love to see if they go full-out with the Suikoden reference and make certain numbers of characters unlock different home base remodels and decorations, not to mention any envision elements like minigames and the like.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion slightly Suikoden inspire

Post by KFCrispy »

i tried playing the first game and couldn't finish it. the game is confusing as heck... i try to explore an area and just because i entered some place, now i'm in a totally new area and can't complete the objectives in the previous area. what gives? no warnings or anything? not to mention the "fighting" in the game is pretty lousy.
I am amazing

Post by I am amazing »

That's quite heartwarming, to see that it was inspired by Suikoden. I'm not a fan of Epic Mickey myself however. Bleh.
Ack! Ook! Randomly generated creepy Yuber on the top of the screen!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I now have the first and playedit some time, it is nice, but I have to see how it does later. Camera sucks and I think it's stupid that it has auto-save only (especially because sometimes you have a choice of what to do and if you want to try something.. it's saved and you can't turn back).

Still, guess I'll play this 3DS spin-off because I LOVED the Illusion-Mickey series.